• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want Dak to test free agency so we can all laugh at him thinking there is a team that is willing to pay him more than the Cowboys. He is the QB version of Clowney

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want Dak to test free agency so we can all laugh at him thinking there is a team that is willing to pay him more than the Cowboys. He is the QB version of Clowney
Show me on the doll where the man touched you

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an off the wall number this weekend, don't recall where it came from, but the cap could turn way south this next year to the tune of 50 mil. It was a "shocked" clickbate type of headline (I didn't read the whole thing). But it did get my mind wondering about the what if scenario. It would cause a domino effect of salary dumping and guys like Dak would not get the payday they were hoping for. But I have serious doubts it would get that far. The NFLPA would not allow players without contracts be hung out to dry. I think the NFL would just operate with a soft cap or they would still hold firm the last hard cap year (2019) with the exception that you can't use any rollover to exceed. And there would be some sort of incentive to get to the soft cap number, something like you get more prime time games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read an off the wall number this weekend, don't recall where it came from, but the cap could turn way south this next year to the tune of 50 mil. It was a "shocked" clickbate type of headline (I didn't read the whole thing). But it did get my mind wondering about the what if scenario. It would cause a domino effect of salary dumping and guys like Dak would not get the payday they were hoping for. But I have serious doubts it would get that far. The NFLPA would not allow players without contracts be hung out to dry. I think the NFL would just operate with a soft cap or they would still hold firm the last hard cap year (2019) with the exception that you can't use any rollover to exceed. And there would be some sort of incentive to get to the soft cap number, something like you get more prime time games.
Who knows what would happen but if the formula yielded a $50M cut to the cap I'd be shocked if the owners agreed to leave it unchanged. Also, while that would make next year a bad year for a player to be tagged for the first time, for Dak he would still go up 20% if tagged again, but would make a LT deal very unlikely. I guess owners would just restructure every player they could and try to fight through to 2022. FAs and guys at the backend of their deals with little dead money left would, I guess, be screwed the most

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where there's a possible 70M cap hit.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj...-less-space-than-expected.html?outputType=amp

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deals were happening and all of a sudden with the exception of a few teams the deals stopped happening. Now we got players like DLaw and Jaylon saying they may not report because of covid?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deals were happening and all of a sudden with the exception of a few teams the deals stopped happening. Now we got players like DLaw and Jaylon saying they may not report because of covid?
I'm scared to death to get tested because I don't want my wife and I to be out of work for two weeks and these 25 year old millionaires are considering taking a vacation to avoid exposure. I really don't get it.
There is a list of about a thousand things more likely to kill them than covid if they are young and healthy. You can't hide away forever

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had to go look because I thought I remembered some "discussions" around how the NFL would deal with a potential cap reduction... Schefter had quoted this the other day.

The latest on the potential NFL salary cap in 2021 | PFN.

The takeaway I had was at worse, the owners would fund part of the cap by borrowing against future caps to minimize the gap... and at best just maintain the current cap number by the same process. Looks like there will be some impacts to players "in the middle" salary wise (they used Byron Jones' Miami contract as one example of how it could impact mid-level players getting cut from a cost standpoint). It's a pretty good read... I have to suspect this is the direction they are looking.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Stop trying to change the subject. You should embrace your homosexuality and be proud of who you are.

Go look up blue waffle on google pictures

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what would happen but if the formula yielded a $50M cut to the cap I'd be shocked if the owners agreed to leave it unchanged. Also, while that would make next year a bad year for a player to be tagged for the first time, for Dak he would still go up 20% if tagged again, but would make a LT deal very unlikely. I guess owners would just restructure every player they could and try to fight through to 2022. FAs and guys at the backend of their deals with little dead money left would, I guess, be screwed the most
based on what we have available in cap space ($198M) we right now can't even sign Dak without some fancy maneuvering and restructuring and possibly some trades & cuts.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what we have available in cap space ($198M) we right now can't even sign Dak without some fancy maneuvering and restructuring and possibly some trades & cuts.
If we have $198M in available cap space we aren't going to need to worry :scratch:

First off, I don't believe any of these numbers being thrown around for a ginormous reduction in the cap. But, we either sign him or lose him and I strongly suspect that if the team still sees him as the QB of the present and future a year from now that even with a potential decrease in the cap he will be signed regardless of how many other players need to be let go to do it. Perhaps it becomes the impetus to get a LT deal done because it could be structured to keep 2021 as low as possible and help the team with any potential decrease in the cap (It's not going to be $50M IMO).

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have $198M in available cap space we aren't going to need to worry :scratch:

First off, I don't believe any of these numbers being thrown around for a ginormous reduction in the cap. But, we either sign him or lose him and I strongly suspect that if the team still sees him as the QB of the present and future a year from now that even with a potential decrease in the cap he will be signed regardless of how many other players need to be let go to do it. Perhaps it becomes the impetus to get a LT deal done because it could be structured to keep 2021 as low as possible and help the team with any potential decrease in the cap (It's not going to be $50M IMO).
I was indicating that we have about 25M of 198M

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to "The Fan" unless there's a game on it. I tend to view them as nothing more than a mouthpiece for Jerry and the front office. So when I see a tweet like this... I sense "someone" is stirring up a hornet's nest.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to "The Fan" unless there's a game on it. I tend to view them as nothing more than a mouthpiece for Jerry and the front office. So when I see a tweet like this... I sense "someone" is stirring up a hornet's nest.

Dak probably wanted to hold out,but he had no choice but to sign because of covid.