• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said, I didn't think it was a big deal whether we signed Dak or he played under the tag this year and I didn't even necessarily even think it was better to sign him than just have him play under the tag for 2020. My biggest concern all along was what happens once meetings and practices start and whether Dak is all in or holds out at all. Everything I have heard or read since he signed shows Dak is still the same committed, team first, leader that he has been since he walked through the door and that not getting a deal hasn't affected him or his outlook in any way whatsoever. He hasn't shown an ounce of bitterness or that he will change the way he works or acts. That says a lot about the man and is huge for this team and proves Dak is indeed every bit the leader he is made out to be.

tenor.gif

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEP....Darren Woodson statement about Dak being the best leader he's ever seen was all I needed to know Dak is the real deal

Cowboys TE Blake Jarwin worked out on Dak Prescott’s backyard field this summer. “That thing’s pretty incredible. Like 50-60 yards of turf,” Blake tells us. “He did a great job getting us all together. Making sure we were still working out. ... Man, he’s been locked in.”

Dak is a leader of men. If not for the Jones curse I'd almost be certain they're winning at least one SB with this man. Might still win one anyway. I sure hope so. I'm not getting any younger.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys TE Blake Jarwin worked out on Dak Prescott’s backyard field this summer. “That thing’s pretty incredible. Like 50-60 yards of turf,” Blake tells us. “He did a great job getting us all together. Making sure we were still working out. ... Man, he’s been locked in.”

Dak is a leader of men. If not for the Jones curse I'd almost be certain they're winning at least one SB with this man. Might still win one anyway. I sure hope so. I'm not getting any younger.

I would not say that. Many factors including some of Dak's play, coaching, defense, etc.. has kept us from a superbowl with dak.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not say that. Many factors including some of Dak's play, coaching, defense, etc.. has kept us from a superbowl with dak.
sure...group effort but, based on the last 4 years, Dak ranks a lot lower than the leadership. I'd say the defense has been less than average, the oline has under performed and the wide receivers last year lead the league in drops. Hell, I shutter to think were this team would be without Prescott.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been 24 years and counting. I hope dak is our QB for a long time. I am just not as high on him as you are.

Dak has shown more than enough to like him. Yes I wish he signed the deal Dallas offered as I think it was more than fair, but it takes two to tangle and nether he nor thr team came off of their stump, but on yhe field there's nothing to dislike.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been 24 years and counting. I hope dak is our QB for a long time. I am just not as high on him as you are.

Doesn't matter how high I am on Dak. His leadership is Super Bowl quality, which is what I'm talking about. He's a leader of men, just like Brady. Whether or not he's talented enough is a different argument.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter how high I am on Dak. His leadership is Super Bowl quality, which is what I'm talking about. He's a lead of men, just like Brady. Whether or not he's talented enough is a different argument.
I think he's more than talented enough. The grestest QB in history can't win the SB on his own.

Well maybe if the QB was named Clark Kent from Smallville.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's more than talented enough. The grestest QB in history can't win the SB on his own.

Well maybe if the QB was named Clark Kent from Smallville.
I think that's the hold up, to a degree. He has never had to do anything on his own.
I'm a Dak fan, though not at the price he is pushing for. We went 8-8 last season. Some will point fingers at the defense or the Head Coach, but if we need to field the 78 Steelers or 92 Cowboys roster to compete for a Championship then what is the point of paying the QB $35 million+ per season?
Taking out the QB, what team in the NFL has more offensive talent than the Cowboys? K.C. maybe? Who else? The Cowboys have a lot of defensive talent too. If the squad goes 8-8 again, not only do I think the Cowboys won't up their offer, I think they won't have to. If you are another NFL team and you don't have Zeke, Amari, Gallup, Lamb, TSmith, ZMartin, etc, then how do you justify bringing in a guy for that kind of money with a lesser supporting cast and expect him to elevate them when he can't elevate this team?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the hold up, to a degree. He has never had to do anything on his own.
I'm a Dak fan, though not at the price he is pushing for. We went 8-8 last season. Some will point fingers at the defense or the Head Coach, but if we need to field the 78 Steelers or 92 Cowboys roster to compete for a Championship then what is the point of paying the QB $35 million+ per season?
Taking out the QB, what team in the NFL has more offensive talent than the Cowboys? K.C. maybe? Who else? The Cowboys have a lot of defensive talent too. If the squad goes 8-8 again, not only do I think the Cowboys won't up their offer, I think they won't have to. If you are another NFL team and you don't have Zeke, Amari, Gallup, Lamb, TSmith, ZMartin, etc, then how do you justify bringing in a guy for that kind of money with a lesser supporting cast and expect him to elevate them when he can't elevate this team?
Last season the TEAM was +113 in point differential. I'm don't think you can point any any thing individually and say that was the problem. Breaks just didnt go our way.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he led the #1 offense in the NFL last year. What more do you want from him?
Defense failed every time it was time to hold.
Special teams were abysmal.
the HC coached played not to lose which means he called plays to keep games within one score. Which isnt a bad thing if you have a badass Defense. We didn't.
Meanwhile the Cowboys were the #1 offense & before you claim that is all zeke & running game. They were the #2 Passing offense. Dak might be the last person I point at when wondering why we went 8-8.

Bad defense, bad special teams & a bad HC. You could have Roger Staubach & you aren't getting to a superbowl. And I wouldnt be blaming Roger either in that scenario.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he led the #1 offense in the NFL last year. What more do you want from him?
Defense failed every time it was time to hold.
Special teams were abysmal.
the HC coached played not to lose which means he called plays to keep games within one score. Which isnt a bad thing if you have a badass Defense. We didn't.
Meanwhile the Cowboys were the #1 offense & before you claim that is all zeke & running game. They were the #2 Passing offense. Dak might be the last person I point at when wondering why we went 8-8.
Bad defense, bad special teams & a bad HC. You could have Roger Staubach & you aren't getting to a superbowl. And I wouldnt be blaming Roger either in that scenario.
So again, you bring up the defense. Total offense is overrated, as tons of yards can be made once you are trailing by 3 scores, like the G.B. game.
The Cowboys were still very good in points per game, 6th overall. Know what the defense was in points allowed? 11th. Not exactly scapegoat either. So both sides of the ball have talent, this year more than ever. My point is not that Dak is a bad player. My point is, that if a QB expects to make THAT much money, he should be able to ELEVATE the players around him. Did Dak elevate this team to 8-8?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, you bring up the defense. Total offense is overrated, as tons of yards can be made once you are trailing by 3 scores, like the G.B. game.
The Cowboys were still very good in points per game, 6th overall. Know what the defense was in points allowed? 11th. Not exactly scapegoat either. So both sides of the ball have talent, this year more than ever. My point is not that Dak is a bad player. My point is, that if a QB expects to make THAT much money, he should be able to ELEVATE the players around him. Did Dak elevate this team to 8-8?
I feel like you are wanting to look at this completely one sided. therefore I refrain from commenting on this further.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has shown more than enough to like him. Yes I wish he signed the deal Dallas offered as I think it was more than fair, but it takes two to tangle and nether he nor thr team came off of their stump, but on yhe field there's nothing to dislike.
I
Doesn't matter how high I am on Dak. His leadership is Super Bowl quality, which is what I'm talking about. He's a leader of men, just like Brady. Whether or not he's talented enough is a different argument.
I don't know how you can say " Super Bowl quality "without getting there lol. He is not Brady yet lol. You really go overboard with Dak sometimes.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me, that 8-8 was more on the coaching and defense last year. However, total offense is overrated. When you are behind in so many games, you tend to pile up empty yards in trying to come back. Defenses give you the underneath and let up with big leads.