• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulp...If Mahomes signs I think you just tell Dak that you are completing ignoring the deal. He is a generational player and already has a SB ring and could have had 2. I really, really hope Mahomes doesn't sign before 7/15 because at that point it almost doesn't matter. We may just end up with two tags and a hand shake and then go our separate ways. Would be sad to see and even sadder to lose our QB and leader, but at some point you just agree to disagree and accept that both sides need to make whatever business decision they see best...
I like Dak,but I think he is being stupid. The Cowboys offer was good. You got this Covid stuff and it could cause the salary cap to go down. I got this feeling this could end up like Cousins. Dak likely to play on franchise tag. And there is no fucking way I pay Dak Mahomes money.. mahomes took that Chiefs team on his back and dominated.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always kind of thought Mahomes was a little overhyped. I thought this until I really watched him play in the post season. He is the best now. It is not even close.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought he was gonna sign. I really had no doubt about that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought he was gonna sign. I really had no doubt about that.
Yeah, signing wasn't really the question. More what happens next and when does he report. Hopefully he doesn't miss even one voluntary zoom call. I have no issue with Dak not wanting to sign a LT contract if he thinks it doesn't work for him. No one can make him sign it and he should do what HE thinks is best for himself. But, if he misses time it's not very leaderly and would be a negative mark on him. But, if he shows up day one while on the tag and is the same positive guy he always has been...then IMO his legend as a team first guy and leader grows a little more...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I really don’t care this is cousins rinse and repeat, time to find his replacement and move on. I like Dak but he is not worth the money he wants. That’s JMHO and I know others won’t agree.
If he stays he will be way 2 expensive to field a quality team around him to compete for a SB.
So we are back to looking for a new QB and 2 me it’s that and the boys struggle while finding 1 or we sign him and are mediocre with a playoff appearance here and there until Dak is done.
Pick your poison neither sits well but that’s how I see it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I really don’t care this is cousins rinse and repeat, time to find his replacement and move on. I like Dak but he is not worth the money he wants. That’s JMHO and I know others won’t agree.
If he stays he will be way 2 expensive to field a quality team around him to compete for a SB.
So we are back to looking for a new QB and 2 me it’s that and the boys struggle while finding 1 or we sign him and are mediocre with a playoff appearance here and there until Dak is done.
Pick your poison neither sits well but that’s how I see it.
Whether he is worth what he is asking for and whether they can field a quality team around him at that price are two different questions. Because of the increase in regular season games to 17 games, expanding the playoff field and the new TV deal coming in 2022, most experts believe the salary cap will double within the next 5 years. Dak's agent knows this, which is why they are insisting on four years, because a four year deal is really a six year deal when you include two franchise tags at the end. The Cowboys want five years/seven years, not only because of the extra year of control, but because every player they have given a big money deal to has been five years. Giving Dak four would set a precedent for every FA they have from now till forever, so I din't believe the Cowboys will budge on this, even for Dak. So I think it comes down to this...Dak signs a five year deal, or Dak plays this season on the tag, and then is either traded or plays another year on a tag and is gone

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe they do a longer deal by 7/15. Cowboys are going to have to come off that 5-year mindset. I believe they will.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe they do a longer deal by 7/15. Cowboys are going to have to come off that 5-year mindset. I believe they will.
I would say that is the most likely scenario, but I'm not sure what is going to happen. I'm fine with two tags and taking it from there if they can't agree.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that is the most likely scenario, but I'm not sure what is going to happen. I'm fine with two tags and taking it from there if they can't agree.

I may be misreading the tea leaves... but it's almost a given that the Salary Cap will go down after this season. I have to believe that Dak's people know that as well and going into the '21 season with another franchise tag pending isn't good business based on that scenario. On the Cowboys side - the 4 year deal is the norm around the league. They may not like the norm but in the current environment I don't think they are going to change it.

After all the years of us hearing Jerry's "Don't let your money get mad" proclamation... I just have the opinion (which as we all know can vary from fan to fan) that everyone understands the business side of this thing and we will see a 4 year deal done before 7/15.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be misreading the tea leaves... but it's almost a given that the Salary Cap will go down after this season. I have to believe that Dak's people know that as well and going into the '21 season with another franchise tag pending isn't good business based on that scenario. On the Cowboys side - the 4 year deal is the norm around the league. They may not like the norm but in the current environment I don't think they are going to change it.

After all the years of us hearing Jerry's "Don't let your money get mad" proclamation... I just have the opinion (which as we all know can vary from fan to fan) that everyone understands the business side of this thing and we will see a 4 year deal done before 7/15.
I think Dak is foolish to not accept the Cowboys offer. The economy is in shambles because of covid . They can probably manipulate the CAP to keep it steady,but I dont see the huge increase happening.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My understanding was that if tagged again, next year's tag for Dak won't be related to the salary cap. It will be 20% higher than this year's tag. Also, If the cap drops next year it will be temporary as it is expected to increase significantly in the next few years.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding was that if tagged again, next year's tag for Dak won't be related to the salary cap. It will be 20% higher than this year's tag. Also, If the cap drops next year it will be temporary as it is expected to increase significantly in the next few years.

I understand that as well. And because of that, one must ask the question - would the Cowboys be willing to do that (a second tag) with their finances at whatever the 2021 cap will be? I'm guessing "no".

Then - do Dak's people think they will get top value for their client on the open market in an environment where every team will be constrained by whatever the 2021 cap might be? Once again - I'm thinking not.

It's a completely different environment than any of us are used to. Clearly - it is for them as well. I just think that business is business. And in the end, that's why I believe something gets done by 7/15. It's good business.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the number would be around $37 million for next year but I believe that number could go up after Mahomes and Watson break the bank and drive up the top 5 average

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the number would be around $37 million for next year but I believe that number could go up after Mahomes and Watson break the bank and drive up the top 5 average

I think the players reps and the GMs/owners of those two teams may be sitting on the fence just like we are wondering what the cap will look like next year before they dump all their cap into the QBs pockets. Its the unknown that is too risky not the players. Any GM worth two chits is going to still try to maximize their cap dollars even though they have to pay their QB. I could see Jerrah cave on this one down to 4 years and Dak takes less money as the trade-off in year 2.