• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari was terrible in the 2nd Eagle game. He did not play like a top paid receiver in that game and it could be why the Cowboys have not signed him. I have a hunch Amari is gone
He's getting paid 20 million a year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a back and forth the owners have unfair rules in place they should have let Dak test the market if they didnt want to pay the asking price tag but imo the concept of the price tag is unfair
Those rules in place are Collectively Bargained (CBA) between the Owners and Players, so the players agreed to allow the owners to do this.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Dak is not participating in the "virtual offseason" when we are trying to implement a new offense. Very disappointing to me if true. This kills the BS argument that we have heard from players and fans for years that guys sit out solely because they don't want to risk injury while awaiting a deal. It's sitting on your friggin couch looking at an iPad!!!

I certainly put a huge part of the blame on the Joneses, a HUGE part, and the team in general but I can't believe how many people absolve Dak from blame, like both sides don't totally share in it. My opinion of Dak has dropped steadily since the season ended. I know 90% of the people will even defend this (again, IF even true that he is not participating), but he clearly is just out for a money grab. Maybe there is nothing wrong with that of course, but it is true. I wonder if the team does something next weekend to protect themselves against him not playing this year and/or not agreeing long term. I sure as heck would at least think about it and you'd be an idiot not to and just let your season go down the drain with Cooper Rush and your next few seasons possibly also without finding option B. You have to be very careful pushing back too hard when you are good, but not great. You want a shorter contract? How about 2 years and $70M or play out your tag and we tag you again. Game on and then let's see if he regrets 5 years and $175M down the road.

Jerry needs to figure out of he wants Dak as his QB or not before the two sides get to a point that they can't come back from because we aren't likely to find as good an option unless we trade up for one of the top 3 guys and that will take too much unless the plan is to let Dak go and play the guy. Either way this is getting frustrating. Heck, maybe Jerry just sits back and waits to see if the season is cancelled (not likely of course) and Dak's tag tolls

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Dak is not participating in the "virtual offseason" when we are trying to implement a new offense. Very disappointing to me if true. This kills the BS argument that we have heard from players and fans for years that guys sit out solely because they don't want to risk injury while awaiting a deal. It's sitting on your friggin couch looking at an iPad!!!

I certainly put a huge part of the blame on the Joneses, a HUGE part, and the team in general but I can't believe how many people absolve Dak from blame, like both sides don't totally share in it. My opinion of Dak has dropped steadily since the season ended. I know 90% of the people will even defend this (again, IF even true that he is not participating), but he clearly is just out for a money grab. Maybe there is nothing wrong with that of course, but it is true. I wonder if the team does something next weekend to protect themselves against him not playing this year and/or not agreeing long term. I sure as heck would at least think about it and you'd be an idiot not to and just let your season go down the drain with Cooper Rush and your next few seasons possibly also without finding option B. You have to be very careful pushing back too hard when you are good, but not great. You want a shorter contract? How about 2 years and $70M or play out your tag and we tag you again. Game on and then let's see if he regrets 5 years and $175M down the road.

Jerry needs to figure out of he wants Dak as his QB or not before the two sides get to a point that they can't come back from because we aren't likely to find as good an option unless we trade up for one of the top 3 guys and that will take too much unless the plan is to let Dak go and play the guy. Either way this is getting frustrating. Heck, maybe Jerry just sits back and waits to see if the season is cancelled (not likely of course) and Dak's tag tolls
is he even allowed? Not being under contract.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dak could sit out the season if his demands are not met.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wish I felt differently than you do and could find a reasonable argument in his defense.

I don’t.

I can’t.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont see that happening
It could possibly happen if Dak becomes upset with the lack of progress on a contract extension. I hope it doesn't come to that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I felt differently than you do and could find a reasonable argument in his defense.

I don’t.

I can’t.
Dak has not signed the franchise tag and has no obligation to participate in offseason workouts. This is a business decision.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance a top QB could fall in the draft. Dak should think long and hard on whether turning down $35 million per is a great call

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could possibly happen if Dak becomes upset with the lack of progress on a contract extension. I hope it doesn't come to that.
is it possible?
Sure
But I dont see any way he sits a year. if nothing gets done he will wait right up to the deadline & sign his tag. There is no point in signing it right now. Then he loses his leverage & could be fined for crap from the Cowboys. As long as he hasnt signed it. he is free to do as he pleases. Which is what he hopes lights a fire under the Cowboy brass.

But I really dont see him sitting out a year (if it ever came to that)

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible?
Sure
But I dont see any way he sits a year. if nothing gets done he will wait right up to the deadline & sign his tag. There is no point in signing it right now. Then he loses his leverage & could be fined for crap from the Cowboys. As long as he hasnt signed it. he is free to do as he pleases. Which is what he hopes lights a fire under the Cowboy brass.

I hope there is progress.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it possible?
Sure

He’s getting some seriously poor advice if that’s the choice he opts with.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only QB I’m sold on is Tua. If he wouldn’t have gotten hurt, I can’t imagine the talk shows right now - Burrow or Tua. All of the big names have potential, but Tua is my pick to be the biggest star. Washington having the 2nd pick scares me. I don’t think they pick him though.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak goes all the way with his demands, do we look at signing someone? Who is the best second stringer out there? It ain't Rush.

As much as I loved Dak, I am growing impatient. I wish we went after Teddy Bridgewater (not gotten him) just to show Dak that if he wants to play the "it is just business" card we can too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dak goes all the way with his demands, do we look at signing someone? Who is the best second stringer out there? It ain't Rush.

As much as I loved Dak, I am growing impatient. I wish we went after Teddy Bridgewater (not gotten him) just to show Dak that if he wants to play the "it is just business" card we can too.
Cam Newton or Winston