• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess some weather vanes here, are happy with the last 24 Years.

You're brilliant...(sarcasm)

Cherry Pick? Really?

Here is some stat cherry picking

The Cowboys in the last 24 Seasons have a record of 206 Wins and 192 Losses (counting playoffs)
Their playoff record is...... 4 Wins and 10 Losses....... in the last 24 Seasons
The COWBOYS haven't even reached the NFC Championship game in the last 24 Seasons.

You guys also defended Garrett. How did that go?

Ask Tony Romo
Ask Jason Witten
DeMarcus Ware
D Murray
Dez Bryant
etc.,etc.

I guess their window, of winning a COWBOY championship, is closed.

You seem to think Dallad hasn't tried to win over that time line.
News flash for you Dallas has 100% tried to win every year, even in years they should have thrown in the towel. Maybe you so closed minded you think Dallas has more rights to the SB and other teams shouldn't try as hard as they have. Facts are there are 32 teams so as long as you have 1 title in the last 32 years you are on pace with championships.
If love it if Dallas was winning multiple championships over the last 24 seasons but I'm a realist and not a pent up dreamer.

As for Garrett yes I and many others supported him early on, as he showed he had the team pointed in the right direction, however most of us saw he had reached his peak 2 or 3 years ago, so don't even try to act as though many wanted him around this season. There was no reason not to give him a chance at the beginning.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas Cowboys have resumed contract negotiations with Dak Prescott for the first time since using the exclusive franchise tag on him earlier this month, a source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Prescott is the first quarterback in Cowboys history to have the franchise tag applied to him.

A team source said the NFL currently shows a $26,824,000 charge to the Cowboys' salary cap for Prescott even though he has not signed the franchise tender.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas Cowboys have resumed contract negotiations with Dak Prescott for the first time since using the exclusive franchise tag on him earlier this month, a source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Prescott is the first quarterback in Cowboys history to have the franchise tag applied to him.

A team source said the NFL currently shows a $26,824,000 charge to the Cowboys' salary cap for Prescott even though he has not signed the franchise tender.
on spotrac it shows $28,728,536

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way...the 2020 hit goes down if they can get a deal done. Maybe this gets done, maybe we play some more in FA.
another DT would hurt my feelings ( assuming we have Poe), nor CB, and Leary would be nice with Frederick now retired

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way...the 2020 hit goes down if they can get a deal done. Maybe this gets done, maybe we play some more in FA.
another DT would hurt my feelings ( assuming we have Poe), nor CB, and Leary would be nice with Frederick now retired

I would simply like to get it done so we can then move on to the "overpaid" portion of this discussion. Because we all know that's coming as soon as the ink hits the paper.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on Leary. Leary would bring depth and with his injury history he is not going to get another long term deal. The Cowboys could also add to OL,but it better be late in draft. This defense still needs help

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would simply like to get it done so we can then move on to the "overpaid" portion of this discussion. Because we all know that's coming as soon as the ink hits the paper.
The thing is every good NFL QB is going to get paid whether we as fans like it or not. Dak was good last season and a team is going to sign him to a huge deal,likely the Cowboys. Let's not lump Dak in with those stiffs and washed up QBs that we had between Aikman and Romo. Dak is now a top 10 QB and he is going to get a massive contract.

I look at those losses last year and there were very few where I could just say it was Daks fault. The fact of the matter is the special teams was the worst I have ever seen and the defense could not stop the run when it mattered . If the Cowboys hit on some early picks on defense then I think the defense could be better than last season. Just adding McCoy and Poe is huge. Major upgrades

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and up until yesterday afternoon Spotrac showed $31.5M and overthecap still does. I guess the type of tag applied is still unknown?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming a shorter deal has a little less guaranteed money over the life of the deal, I for one hope Dak gets the 4 year deal he is rumored to want and not 5 years. Heck, I'm good with the tag or a 2 year deal if he wants it. If it turns out a mistake due to injury or something else I'd rather the less cap crippling deal. Dak is not being smart here IMO and gambling a little too much if his goal is a 2nd big deal and sees nothing else. This idea of betting on himself would look awful foolish right now if he had a career ending injury last year. No one in the NFL is immune from potential injuries.:2cents:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QBs and agents are running a mafia in the NFL they know QBs have a ton of value in keeping teams competitive so they choke their team into overpaying them.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QBs and agents are running a mafia in the NFL they know QBs have a ton of value in keeping teams competitive so they choke their team into overpaying them.
How is it a mafia?? Owners are not going to get killed if they dont pay. They also don't honor contracts. Free society. Everyone wants to get paid the most they can get. Maybe instead of trolling. You would get educated on what a mafia is.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and up until yesterday afternoon Spotrac showed $31.5M and overthecap still does. I guess the type of tag applied is still unknown?
yeah I know. A strange thing. When I pulled it up I was expecting to see it in the 30's.
Who knows where it ends up at? :noidea:

I just know it keeps on changing.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB's get paid. It's the nature of the business. It isn't coercion. If you don't think you have your guy, you don't pay him. If you do think you have your guy, then he gets what the market bears. Criticizing them for taking more than the previous guy kinda ignores the way business gets done in the NFL.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard or read the reason the cap got lower was because of the Brees and one other recent contract that actually lowered the number to under 30M. I don’t recall where this info came from.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard or read the reason the cap got lower was because of the Brees and one other recent contract that actually lowered the number to under 30M. I don’t recall where this info came from.
If it really is $26M the team should just tell Dak. If you don't want to sign long term, don't. We are good with $26M for one year :noidea:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it really is $26M the team should just tell Dak. If you don't want to sign long term, don't. We are good with $26M for one year :noidea:
I'm sure this was the Jones' intention since last summer, after about 7 QBs got their dollars up way above what we thought was a good price for Dak. Since then, they likely wished to wait until the final numbers came in for the tag, to use as the baseline for guarantees. Finally something worked in their favor for these negotiations, albeit a small win. Now if you give Dak 35M, you are +9 and can sell that to his camp for this year and the tag for him next year is also lower around 31.5M (fixed at 1.2x 2020 tag). Doesn't really change what we'll pay long term, but helps with cap if he wants to keep dragging this out. (which now that he's been tagged, his only leverage is holding out).
So hopefully they can come together now and stop the stalemate.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it a mafia?? Owners are not going to get killed if they dont pay. They also don't honor contracts. Free society. Everyone wants to get paid the most they can get. Maybe instead of trolling. You would get educated on what a mafia is.

yeah obviously its not literally a mafia Dak isn't putting a bomb under jerry jones car

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah obviously its not literally a mafia Dak isn't putting a bomb under jerry jones car
Still. Your Mafia analogy is wrong. Owners and players both have leverage.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still. Your Mafia analogy is wrong. Owners and players both have leverage.

It is a back and forth the owners have unfair rules in place they should have let Dak test the market if they didnt want to pay the asking price tag but imo the concept of the price tag is unfair