• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D-Rose needs surgery; meniscus tear

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Rose could be back by the playoffs if they end up just removing the meniscus. If they try to repair it, then it'll be a much longer recovery. He will have to adjust his game though. No more driving to the hoop, he's going to have to develop a dependable jumper ala MJ and Kobe when they started getting old.

I think the Bulls will ultimately be just fine without him. At this point they are more used to seeing him on the bench in a suit than on the floor in a uniform anyway. The difference is that with the addition of Gasol and the emergence of Butler, they are more equipped to deal with him being out than they have been in the past.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meniscus is not removed, the tear gets cut around, so it depends how close the tear is from making it all the way thru. you end up with half the width of meniscus, but since the tear is gone it is not supposed to tear as easy the rest of the way thru.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's terrible. Rose can't catch a break.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for the kid and I feel for us NBA fans. Losing a talent like this diminishes the game.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose needs to retire so that someone else who is not injury prone gets a chance. These teams need to do like the NFL that doesn't give guaranteed contracts to always injured players. It's ridiculous and an incredible waste of valuable resources

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Rose needs to retire so that someone else who is not injury prone gets a chance. These teams need to do like the NFL that doesn't give guaranteed contracts to always injured players. It's ridiculous and an incredible waste of valuable resources

I couldn't agree more!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets hope he takes the shorter rehab.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should of just took it out in the 1st place, percentages of hit not tearing again was low. The doctor even said that it might again. So lets see if he does the right thing this time around. I remember when I tore mine and the doctor asked if I am active i said yes I use to play college baseball and he told me to repair it if Im not going to be playing actively again. I said Im most likely done. He told me I might tear it again but if Im done with sports I should be ok. If I was still playing he said there is like a 30% chance it won't tear again.

Rose needs to take it out and comeback in 3-6 weeks. This will let him play for another 3-4 years at a some what high level but will bother him later in life. If they repair it again he will most likely tear it again.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, and how about any money the Bulls make off of Rose, like jersey sales, they should give it all away to a charity.

When teams start doing that, then I will agree with you.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh...Telfair, Bobby Brown are the only pg's and Dominique Jones and Jordan Crawford are the combo guards returning from China.

Nasty Nate by a mile.

Bobby Brown has a daughter to worry about.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny coming from a lakers fan. kobe hasnt played a full season in like 3 years either. the difference is bulls still make the playoffs.

Actually, it will be only 2 seasons after this year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, and how about any money the Bulls make off of Rose, like jersey sales, they should give it all away to a charity.

When teams start doing that, then I will agree with you.

I really can't imagine the Bulls or the NBA making much money off of Derek Rose jersey sales, but if they are making money off of them - that has nothing to do with the ability of Rose to play in the NBA. Face it he is a bust. As far as I am concerned - Rose has already close to 60 million dollars in the last three years while sitting on his ass injured. What in the hell more does he need?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think partially guaranteed contracts is the way to go in the next CBA - or work out an agreement where the player and the NBA jointly purchases better insurance policies to cover their losses. So if Rose goes out on a season ending injury will happen next year - then instead of getting 20 million as scheduled he gets 10 million. As far as jersey sales - that is something that the players needs to address and have computed into their contracts separate from their salaries so that both are fair to both the NBA and the players

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think partially guaranteed contracts is the way to go in the next CBA - or work out an agreement where the player and the NBA jointly purchases better insurance policies to cover their losses. So if Rose goes out on a season ending injury will happen next year - then instead of getting 20 million as scheduled he gets 10 million. As far as jersey sales - that is something that the players needs to address and have computed into their contracts separate from their salaries so that both are fair to both the NBA and the players

I dont think there is any issue with insurance. Do you doubt that the contracts ARE fully insured to protect the owners? I dont doubt for a minute that the bulls stop paying when he goes on long term injury. Thats the reason they support him doing it. They dont pay anymore for someone that would be doing no good.

No, a CBA deal needs to allow the cap room to be replaced to help the teams that lose the franchise player so the team continues to create revenue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think there is any issue with insurance. Do you doubt that the contracts ARE fully insured to protect the owners? I dont doubt for a minute that the bulls stop paying when he goes on long term injury. Thats the reason they support him doing it. They dont pay anymore for someone that would be doing no good.

No, a CBA deal needs to allow the cap room to be replaced to help the teams that lose the franchise player so the team continues to create revenue.

Pretty sure that insurance is paying all or most of Steve Nash's contract with the Lakers.

The point about allowing cap room to be replaced when a team loses a franchise player seems interesting. How would that work?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that insurance is paying all or most of Steve Nash's contract with the Lakers.

The point about allowing cap room to be replaced when a team loses a franchise player seems interesting. How would that work?

Maybe by percentages? Maybe they can do it like the amnesty on a yearly basis, just calling amnesty LTIR, except only effecting the cap hit so teams can go into the luxury zone without penalty. The player would remain on the team for the extent of the contract, but the year you deem the player Long term injury reserve can free up cap space so he can be replaced and cannot return to the roster.

I guess if it happened three weeks ago, the bulls could have got in on Dragic being an expiring deal.

Maybe teams that were not in the cap tax brackets can replace all the remaining salary, teams in the first step can replace 70% the salary without applying to the cap, teams that are constant violaters get to replace a third.

Its not impossible, sure there are other views. You cant go out and get LeBron James if the Cavs were willing to give him up because the following year your cap would be 100 million so one would need to be dealt.

I guess Hockey does it best with game by game cap. Problem is it does not extend into the playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe by percentages? Maybe they can do it like the amnesty on a yearly basis, just calling amnesty LTIR, except only effecting the cap hit so teams can go into the luxury zone without penalty. The player would remain on the team for the extent of the contract, but the year you deem the player Long term injury reserve can free up cap space so he can be replaced and cannot return to the roster.

I guess if it happened three weeks ago, the bulls could have got in on Dragic being an expiring deal.

Maybe teams that were not in the cap tax brackets can replace all the remaining salary, teams in the first step can replace 70% the salary without applying to the cap, teams that are constant violaters get to replace a third.

Its not impossible, sure there are other views. You cant go out and get LeBron James if the Cavs were willing to give him up because the following year your cap would be 100 million so one would need to be dealt.

I guess Hockey does it best with game by game cap. Problem is it does not extend into the playoffs.

It's a good idea. Which is why it'll likely never happen in the NBA. Makes too much sense. :lol:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude should just have labia transplant and get it over with.