• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker is also on the 40 man, and was in the bigs for a day. He'll probably come up unless he's sent down to reinforce the Flying Squirrels in the playoffs.

I've heard Heston's name mentioned. They'll have 2 spots to play with so we'll see who they are interested in.

Good call. He is on the 40 man.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not expect Carbonell mor Cordier. They are both scheduled to play winter ball.

Parker, Minnicozi, Brown, Duvall are all no-brainers, I think. Heston is possible, but if they do that, than if they DFA him, he would have the choice to walk, and I am not sure that want that.

Bochy is possible, but I am not sure where he is actually ranked as a prospect. It could be a bad sign to the org if he gets a premature call.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not expect Carbonell mor Cordier. They are both scheduled to play winter ball.

Parker, Minnicozi, Brown, Duvall are all no-brainers, I think. Heston is possible, but if they do that, than if they DFA him, he would have the choice to walk, and I am not sure that want that.

Bochy is possible, but I am not sure where he is actually ranked as a prospect. It could be a bad sign to the org if he gets a premature call.

I don't think Mini is a lock. Duvall, Brown, Cordier are pretty close.

Baby Bochy just confirmed as a call up.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mini is a lock. Duvall, Brown, Cordier are pretty close.

Baby Bochy just confirmed as a call up.

Beat me to it.

Also cal, I don't think winter ball will affect Cordier all that much. Duffy and Strickland are playing in the AFL with Cordier.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it.

Also cal, I don't think winter ball will affect Cordier all that much. Duffy and Strickland are playing in the AFL with Cordier.

I am hoping to change things up a bit and spend a week at the AFL this fall. A buddy of mine is a real autograph hound. Tends to go to the games real early, and leaves by the 4th inning, an anti-Dodger fan. He has a whole room full of autographed items from baseball players from the last 30 years. Some might be worth something someday to someone. I am just interested in baseball. Plus the introvert in me has never been all that comfortable requesting autographs. The AFL might be different, as these are up and coming players, and might be more prone to sign.

Anyone here been to the AFL? Any recommendations? Which stadiums do they use? The Phoenix stadiums are all over the valley.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown, Bochy, Heston, Cordier, Duvall.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heston and Bochy added to 40-Man

Brown, Bochy, Duvall, Heston and Cordier added to 25

Cain and Scutaro added to 60-Day

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Minicozzi does not get the call. I thought that was a pretty near no-brainer. Also surprised about Parker. He may be staying down for playoffs, and will get the call in a few days/weeks.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping to change things up a bit and spend a week at the AFL this fall. A buddy of mine is a real autograph hound. Tends to go to the games real early, and leaves by the 4th inning, an anti-Dodger fan. He has a whole room full of autographed items from baseball players from the last 30 years. Some might be worth something someday to someone. I am just interested in baseball. Plus the introvert in me has never been all that comfortable requesting autographs. The AFL might be different, as these are up and coming players, and might be more prone to sign.

Anyone here been to the AFL? Any recommendations? Which stadiums do they use? The Phoenix stadiums are all over the valley.

I've never been to the AFL, but I've heard it's a great time to go down and talk baseball with fellow devoted fans. It's pretty much only scouts and baseball junkies that go, but it's starting to get more recognition (good or bad, depending on how you feel), thanks to MLBNetwork.

It's probably pretty fun, since it's mostly filled with prospect who are bound for the majors. So it's names you might recognize down the road. I think they use all the spring training facilities, I pretty sure the Scottsdale Scorpions use Scottsdale Scottsdale stadium, and they probably use that new one they just opened (Salt River Field?). If you end up going, I would like it if you report how it was.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to the AFL, but I've heard it's a great time to go down and talk baseball with fellow devoted fans. It's pretty much only scouts and baseball junkies that go, but it's starting to get more recognition (good or bad, depending on how you feel), thanks to MLBNetwork.

It's probably pretty fun, since it's mostly filled with prospect who are bound for the majors. So it's names you might recognize down the road. I think they use all the spring training facilities, I pretty sure the Scottsdale Scorpions use Scottsdale Scottsdale stadium, and they probably use that new one they just opened (Salt River Field?). If you end up going, I would like it if you report how it was.

There are six AFL teams:
1. Scorpions -- use Scottsdale Stadium (Giants)
2. Saguaros -- use Surprise Stadium (Royals and Rangers)
3. Solar Sox -- use Cubs Park (Mesa)
4. Javelinas -- usually use Peoria Sports Complex (Padres and Mariners) but this year are sharing Surprise Stadium with the Saguaros
5. Desert Dogs -- use Camelback Ranch (doyers and ChiSox)
6. Rafters -- use Salt River Fields (Dbacks and Rox)

The newest park is Cubs Park (first year 2014 -- I haven't been yet), but my favorite is Salt River Fields. All of the parks are pretty close and you won't have the crowds we see in March. The tickets will be cheaper (and Scottsdale won't sell out).

They play three games every day at 6:30p and no games on Sunday. Championship game is at Scottsdale Stadium.

The league runs Oct 7 -- Nov 15. I'm jealous that you're going. Should be a blast, and MUCH cheaper than March.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are six AFL teams:
4. Javelinas -- usually use Peoria Sports Complex (Padres and Mariners) but this year are sharing Surprise Stadium with the Saguaros

The newest park is Cubs Park (first year 2014 -- I haven't been yet), but my favorite is Salt River Fields. All of the parks are pretty close and you won't have the crowds we see in March. The tickets will be cheaper (and Scottsdale won't sell out).

They play three games every day at 6:30p and no games on Sunday. Championship game is at Scottsdale Stadium.

The league runs Oct 7 -- Nov 15. I'm jealous that you're going. Should be a blast, and MUCH cheaper than March.

Sounds like what Spring training use to be, maybe 8-10 years ago. Seems like a great time. I still love ST, but it's getting a little too "mainstream" if you know what I mean. It's definitely more of a production now.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like what Spring training use to be, maybe 8-10 years ago. Seems like a great time. I still love ST, but it's getting a little too "mainstream" if you know what I mean. It's definitely more of a production now.

I love ST, but it is crowded and expensive.

If my wife would let me, I'd go to the AFL too. Maybe I'll sneak down there for a weekend this year...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are six AFL teams:

Thanks. My buddy's son lives in Phoenix, going to some graphic arts school.

I really like Salt River, and Camelback is nice, too (except the clientele!).

Surprise is a nice stadium, too.

Have not been to the Chubb's new crib. Ho Ho Kam Park was atrocious, and parking was terrible.

Was not terribly impressed with Peoria's park.

I hope to be able to go and make a full report. Three games a day, huh? Looks like I will not go for a week. Not sure I could take 18 baseball games in six days, and pay for the privilege. :D

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. My buddy's son lives in Phoenix, going to some graphic arts school.

I really like Salt River, and Camelback is nice, too (except the clientele!).

Surprise is a nice stadium, too.

Have not been to the Chubb's new crib. Ho Ho Kam Park was atrocious, and parking was terrible.

Was not terribly impressed with Peoria's park.

I hope to be able to go and make a full report. Three games a day, huh? Looks like I will not go for a week. Not sure I could take 18 baseball games in six days, and pay for the privilege. :D

There are three games a day, but they're all at 6:30p. Meaning, you have to choose one to go to and the other two are played elsewhere at the same time. Max of one game a day, but three choices as to which teams you want to see. So, in six days you'd see a max of six games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are three games a day, but they're all at 6:30p. Meaning, you have to choose one to go to and the other two are played elsewhere at the same time. Max of one game a day, but three choices as to which teams you want to see. So, in six days you'd see a max of six games.

Aha!

:dunce:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the 15-day DL really doesn't mean anything anymore at this time of year, I have "activated" Belt...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated for NLDS.

Quiroz and Duvall gone.

Hudson and Vogey added.

Brown still on the roster. Boch is awfully fickle when it comes to Brownie. I have no idea what to expect with him in regards to his Giants status next year.

Morse still inactive.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated for NLDS.

Quiroz and Duvall gone.

Hudson and Vogey added.

Brown still on the roster. Boch is awfully fickle when it comes to Brownie. I have no idea what to expect with him in regards to his Giants status next year.

Morse still inactive.

How is Brown's defense? I assume he has some range given his alleged speed. Arm?

Does he bunt well? He's a good pinch runner option, as long as he doesn't try to steal, esp if we face the Cards (Molina). Perhaps Boch wants a guy for multiple specialty situations. Just speculating.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Brown's defense? I assume he has some range given his alleged speed. Arm?

Does he bunt well? He's a good pinch runner option, as long as he doesn't try to steal, esp if we face the Cards (Molina). Perhaps Boch wants a guy for multiple specialty situations. Just speculating.

His D is supposed to be +++. Not sure about his arm. We all know he is not a good base stealer, but how is his base running?

If Morse were available, would Brown or JCP get removed? Brown is faster, but JCP has more experience. If not for the doghouse, I don't think it would even be close.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His D is supposed to be +++. Not sure about his arm. We all know he is not a good base stealer, but how is his base running?

If Morse were available, would Brown or JCP get removed? Brown is faster, but JCP has more experience. If not for the doghouse, I don't think it would even be close.

I know it's a SSS, but Brown did hit the ball up here when given the chance (3-7, zero K's). That had to make at least a small impression. And he did have at least 6 sac bunts in each of the last 4 years in the minors. We only had 45 as a team the whole year, last in the NL.