• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Culliver

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quality CB's are hard to find, and so far.......my opinion is Culliver is a very good CB. so good, he has a chance to be a Pro Bowler........at CB. not claiming it'll happen, but a good chance. we just read an article where Culliver is known to be good in coverage, despite not being a 'starter'.

now if the Coaches move Culliver to Safety, fine, why argue? but till then lets just agree he's playing well in coverage.

I've never once said he was bad. I do say that he's overmatched at cb at times and I don't see him as a possible pro bowler at cb, I don't care what that person wrote, nor do I care about those stats. I've watched pretty much every 49er snap over the last two seasons and feel he would make a great fs, with Goldson probably not returning it would be a great move, I think he can be upgraded at cb with a player like Rhodes, Poyer, Trufant and maybe a few more.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've never once said he was bad. I do say that he's overmatched at cb at times and I don't see him as a possible pro bowler at cb, I don't care what that person wrote, nor do I care about those stats. I've watched pretty much every 49er snap over the last two seasons and feel he would make a great fs, with Goldson probably not returning it would be a great move, I think he can be upgraded at cb with a player like Rhodes, Poyer, Trufant and maybe a few more.

again, your opinion is fine.

not going to argue with you since you've seen every snap of Culliver in coverage. but can't help wonder, how many snaps have you seen Culliver at FS?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, your opinion is fine.

not going to argue with you since you've seen every snap of Culliver in coverage. but can't help wonder, how many snaps have you seen Culliver at FS?

None in he NFL. He was, however, a very good starting fs at SC until he was made a cb coming into his senior season. The Niners were (reportedly) the onl team to look at him as a cb. His transition to an easier, more natural for him position would be flawless.

CBS Sports Line

Positives: Showed good instincts as a free safety. While aggressive, Culliver was rarely out of position and showed the discipline to stay home on trick plays and misdirection. Reads the eyes of the quarterback and gets a good break on the ball. Normal acceleration with a late burst to close. Quick, active hands in press coverage. Understands zone concepts and due to his experience at free safety and cornerback, understands the role of each member of the secondary.

Negatives: Flashes good hands for the press, but gets off-balance and can allow the receiver too easy of a release. Loses a step as he turns to run. A bit grabby with his hands in man coverage. Backpedal is high and choppy. Generally a reliable open-field tackler, but can get out of control in his pursuit and leave cutback lanes.

These were initial reports .

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
None in he NFL. He was, however, a very good starting fs at SC until he was made a cb coming into his senior season. The Niners were (reportedly) the onl team to look at him as a cb. His transition to an easier, more natural for him position would be flawless.

CBS Sports Line

Positives: Showed good instincts as a free safety. While aggressive, Culliver was rarely out of position and showed the discipline to stay home on trick plays and misdirection. Reads the eyes of the quarterback and gets a good break on the ball. Normal acceleration with a late burst to close. Quick, active hands in press coverage. Understands zone concepts and due to his experience at free safety and cornerback, understands the role of each member of the secondary.

Negatives: Flashes good hands for the press, but gets off-balance and can allow the receiver too easy of a release. Loses a step as he turns to run. A bit grabby with his hands in man coverage. Backpedal is high and choppy. Generally a reliable open-field tackler, but can get out of control in his pursuit and leave cutback lanes.

These were initial reports .

That's exactly what I see in coverage. It's like he always underestimates the ball in the air and when he turns back to look for the ball he instinctively reaches out that arm to hold the receiver's jersey.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
obviously, it depends on your opinion of Culliver in coverage? i think he makes much more positive plays, than negative ones? you obviously think he doesn't (despite you saying he isn't bad???), cause if you did feel he is good in coverage, you wouldn't be moving him.

no coverage is always perfect, so you could always find plays where he gave up receptions. but ALL CB's make a poor play here and there, even Pro Bowlers? so just be careful you don't let the fewer poor plays, determine he's a FS.

again, my main reason is....its harder to find a good cover guy, than safety. generally, CB's are drafted higher than Safety, and there is a reason for it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far culli has been an excellent pick. good 3rd corner with upside. he just needs to keep his mouth shut

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously, it depends on your opinion of Culliver in coverage? i think he makes much more positive plays, than negative ones? you obviously think he doesn't (despite you saying he isn't bad???), cause if you did feel he is good in coverage, you wouldn't be moving him.

no coverage is always perfect, so you could always find plays where he gave up receptions. but ALL CB's make a poor play here and there, even Pro Bowlers? so just be careful you don't let the fewer poor plays, determine he's a FS.

again, my main reason is....its harder to find a good cover guy, than safety. generally, CB's are drafted higher than Safety, and there is a reason for it.

Obviously you don't know how I feel about him.

How could I feel he isn't good, then turn around and say that I think he'd be a all pro fs? Your getting pretty annoying, sounding like one of those "got to get the last word" types.

Don't tell me what I think, you don't have the mental capacity for that.

:bullshit:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR (i.e. Damon Bruce) is echoing that Culliver probably played his last game as a 49er.

Quite frankly, he and Rogers didn't have great games tonight, but Culliver was the worst corner on our team.

They're also criticizing Moss for his lack of effort, which is surprising since he's the "GOAT".

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ama- FUCKING - zing!

Please keep all the corny ass stats to yourselves.

It's kind of like wanting to draft a player based on the combine only, without watching any of his game film.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
KNBR (i.e. Damon Bruce) is echoing that Culliver probably played his last game as a 49er.

I heard that on the radio too, and it was one of the dumbest things I've heard all day.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that on the radio too, and it was one of the dumbest things I've heard all day.

Indeed no way Cully gets cut. He's cheap and there's still upside to be had. But he's gotta show it next year cuz the leash has gotten alot shorter.