• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuban just kicked Morey in the nads

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think anyone is making that claim. We all know that Parsons is no Marion when it comes to defense. But his offensive numbers improve the position... and the defense was already improved with the signing of Chandler.

Ariza will get more... Deng about the same. As Mecca said earlier in the thread - SF is the glamour position this offseason. Gonna have to pay more - regardless.

And - if Houston doesn't match - the Mavs are better now. That's the goal.

I'll agree with you there. Parsons is still an upgrade over Marion. I'm just stating that it's a slight overpayment. But then again, what signing hasn't been this offseason, outside of Dirk? I guess it balances out then. With Carlisle as a coach, maybe this gets them out of the first round.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how RFA gets your players less. That's just silly talk. They're slotted where they are due to years in the league... unless you're trying to imply that RFA's can't get DRose provisions... which they can.

Less is they want to leave. They basically have to sacrifice money and spend a year on a qualifying offer before they can hit UFA. They've got it rigged to where just about the only reasonable financial decision for a player is to stay with the team that drafted them no matter what until year 7 or so. And that's bullshit. Once the rookie deal is over, they should be eligible for an extension or have no restrictions. And fordamn outlined why it isn't really a good deal for the teams either.

Basically the way the NBA does salary structure with its players and its restrictions really messed up. You can thank Billy Hunter for that. No salary slots past the rookie deals, no restrictions on movement. Should just be X amount of years on a contract and for whatever salary the market dictates, especially for stars. Stars get fucked massively.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it is looking like Bosh will sign with Houston and then HOU will keep Parsons at $15M a year. I really hope Dallas has a fallback plan with Deng. Let him know that if he will wait until Sunday afternoon to see what happens, they have the money to get him more than his $12M a year he wants.

So if the deal ends up being Parsons to Houston for at least 2 years at $15M each, then Dallas gets Deng...I still really love the deal. Maybe even love it more. Houston then sitting on 3 max contracts and Parsons? Hello repeater tax and no flexibility. And I don't seem Houston as being a Bosh away from making a deeper run in the West.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they match Parsons and give Bosh $22M a year, they will have $4m to spend on the entire rest of their roster.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they match Parsons and give Bosh $22M a year, they will have $4m to spend on the entire rest of their roster.

They'll have a very strong starting line up though. I think Bosh compliments Howard nicely.

I think Deng would wait until the Parsons deal sorts itself out. He knows Dallas will pay him more than any other team. I think he's a better fit with Dallas than Parsons giving his defense. Scoring the ball isn't a problem for Dallas. Chandler and Deng addresses more important needs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have a very strong starting line up though. I think Bosh compliments Howard nicely.

I think Deng would wait until the Parsons deal sorts itself out. He knows Dallas will pay him more than any other team. I think he's a better fit with Dallas than Parsons giving his defense. Scoring the ball isn't a problem for Dallas. Chandler and Deng addresses more important needs.

Yeah, they would have a strong starting lineup. Not sure a weak bench can get far in the West though. By the time playoffs get there, the starting 5 will be worn out. The East you can coast through most of the season, not so much in the west.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it is looking like Bosh will sign with Houston and then HOU will keep Parsons at $15M a year. I really hope Dallas has a fallback plan with Deng. Let him know that if he will wait until Sunday afternoon to see what happens, they have the money to get him more than his $12M a year he wants.

So if the deal ends up being Parsons to Houston for at least 2 years at $15M each, then Dallas gets Deng...I still really love the deal. Maybe even love it more. Houston then sitting on 3 max contracts and Parsons? Hello repeater tax and no flexibility. And I don't seem Houston as being a Bosh away from making a deeper run in the West.

but now Bosh has re-signed with Miami and Houston has lost Lin and Azik for nothing so what does Houston do now?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but now Bosh has re-signed with Miami and Houston has lost Lin and Azik for nothing so what does Houston do now?

Punch holes in walls. Morey is a great GM but I bet he is absolutely livid he lost assets for nothing.