• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cuban just kicked Morey in the nads

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas ridiculously overpays for a position that they have zero need.

They get worse on defense which was already their problem.

How exactly did Dallas screw over anyone but themselves?

We have zero need? You must see something in Crowder that no one else does. Marion is a FA. That leaves us with one SF in Crowder, and you say zero need?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love this signing for the Mavs.

The Rockets are in a tough spot.

If they match, bye-bye max offer to Bosh.

Lebron's indecision could be the reason the Mavs end up with Chandler.

Bosh will not make a decision until Lebron is off the board.

Did they overpay?

Goodness yes.

But, they have missed on almost every free agent target in the last 3 years.

So, I'm okay with this.

SF is the glamour position this offseason.

Deng, Chandler, Ariza, Gordon, Melo will all be overpaid.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love this signing for the Mavs.

The Rockets are in a tough spot.

If they match, bye-bye max offer to Bosh.

Lebron's indecision could be the reason the Mavs end up with Chandler.

Bosh will not make a decision until Lebron is off the board.

Did they overpay?

Goodness yes.

But, they have missed on almost every free agent target in the last 3 years.

So, I'm okay with this.

SF is the glamour position this offseason.

Deng, Chandler, Ariza, Gordon, Melo will all be overpaid.

Exactly, my friend. And the best thing from my perspective - free agency has FINALLY began!

We will talk tomorrow. Lots to catch up on with NBA stuff...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The market just got set. Deng will get what Parsons gets... Or more.

Tweet that, Morey!

Gordon Hayward's offer sheet set the bar high.

Parsons put up almost identical numbers on a better team.

I think Gordon will be a stud.

But, it's easier to have inflated stats on a horrific team.

Congrats!

I hope it works out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, my friend. And the best thing from my perspective - free agency has FINALLY began!

We will talk tomorrow. Lots to catch up on with NBA stuff...

Okay, I will be here!:suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article stating that even with Parsons $2M cap hold, Bosh can't get a max deal from Houston. With Harden, Howard, and Parson cap hold they can get to an $83M offer for Bosh and max is $88. They would need to release the cap hold to get Bosh a max deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have zero need? You must see something in Crowder that no one else does. Marion is a FA. That leaves us with one SF in Crowder, and you say zero need?

Maybe he thinks it's still 2006 and that Vinsanity is still all the rage:noidea:?

The Mavs need to get younger.

Monta and Parsons can help lighten the load, which will extend Dirk's career.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he thinks it's still 2006 and that Vinsanity is still all the rage:noidea:?

The Mavs need to get younger.

Monta and Parsons can help lighten the load, which will extend Dirk's career.

Monta, Parsons, Dirk, and Tyson is a decent four. Probably at worst contending for a 1st round home court if all remain healthy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monta, Parsons, Dirk, and Tyson is a decent four. Probably at worst contending for a 1st round home court if all remain healthy.

They took the Spurs to 7 games without Tyson or Parsons.

So, this will certainly elevate their win total.

You can't just look at this deal from the perspective of " what has he done to earn it".

Dallas has had trouble attracting Free agents and needed to overpay based on potential.

I am in no way comparing these two players. But, what had James Harden done to justify the max deal he got in Houston?

He was a 6th man that got a hairball stuck in his throat in the finals.

But, Houston paid him based on " Potential ".

Lets see what Chandler can do in a system where players actually share the ball.

This contract is in line with Gordon Hayward's, a bit more * 3 mil* than Tyreke Evans and a 30yr old Andre Iguodala.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They took the Spurs to 7 games without Tyson or Parsons.

So, this will certainly elevate their win total.

You can't just look at this deal from the perspective of " what has he done to earn it".

Dallas has had trouble attracting Free agents and needed to overpay based on potential.

I am in no way comparing these two players. But, what had James Harden done to justify the max deal he got in Houston?

He was a 6th man that got a hairball stuck in his throat in the finals.

But, Houston paid him based on " Potential ".

Lets see what Chandler can do in a system where players actually share the ball.

This contract is in line with Gordon Hayward's, a bit more * 3 mil* than Tyreke Evans and a 30yr old Andre Iguodala.

ANd in line with what a 29 year old Deng will get now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they? What's wrong with restricted free agency?

It takes control out of the players' hands. They can't go anywhere unless their team decides to not match the offer. It's designed so owners can keep the guys they drafted for 7 to 8 years on the relative cheap. Players would be better served without it because they can make just as much if not more money as UFA and have the freedom to move.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes control out of the players' hands. They can't go anywhere unless their team decides to not match the offer. It's designed so owners can keep the guys they drafted for 7 to 8 years on the relative cheap. Players would be better served without it because they can make just as much if not more money as UFA and have the freedom to move.

Don't see how RFA gets your players less. That's just silly talk. They're slotted where they are due to years in the league... unless you're trying to imply that RFA's can't get DRose provisions... which they can.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas slightly overpaid for Parsons. Parsons numbers are somewhat similar to Deng's. But out of Ariza, Deng, and Parson - I'll take the former two because of defense alone. Something Parsons has yet to figure out.

Also, Dallas took the Spurs to 7 as the Spurs had yet to hit their stride. The Spurs gained their rhythm in the latter part of that series as evident by the blowouts in games 6 and 7. Let's not act like the Mavs are now legitimate title contenders.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dallas slightly overpaid for Parsons. Parsons numbers are somewhat similar to Deng's. But out of Ariza, Deng, and Parson - I'll take the former two because of defense alone. Something Parsons has yet to figure out.

Also, Dallas took the Spurs to 7 as the Spurs had yet to hit their stride. The Spurs gained their rhythm in the latter part of that series as evident by the blowouts in games 6 and 7. Let's not act like the Mavs are now legitimate title contenders.

Don't think anyone is making that claim. We all know that Parsons is no Marion when it comes to defense. But his offensive numbers improve the position... and the defense was already improved with the signing of Chandler.

Ariza will get more... Deng about the same. As Mecca said earlier in the thread - SF is the glamour position this offseason. Gonna have to pay more - regardless.

And - if Houston doesn't match - the Mavs are better now. That's the goal.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is also a belief that hitting RFA is more beneficial than UFA. Think about this, as a RFA you can have teams talk with you and they know there is a good chance that the contract they offer needs to be good enough that the "owning" team can't or won't match. So you are guaranteed to have two suitors in most cases. In UFA you have to try to create a bidding war, and not all players will get that.

Do you think if Parsons were unrestricted he would have had basically a max offer hours before signings could even begin? I don't.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show me one person who is claiming that :rollseyes:

I'll take the younger guy who has shown he can play defense and could learn to play better over the older players.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think anyone is making that claim. We all know that Parsons is no Marion when it comes to defense. But his offensive numbers improve the position... and the defense was already improved with the signing of Chandler.

Ariza will get more... Deng about the same. As Mecca said earlier in the thread - SF is the glamour position this offseason. Gonna have to pay more - regardless.

And - if Houston doesn't match - the Mavs are better now. That's the goal.

And if Houston does match, then they are hamstrung with contracts for at least the next 2 years and likely more.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one person who is claiming that :rollseyes:

I'll take the younger guy who has shown he can play defense and could learn to play better over the older players.

And... Give me a coach who can get defensive effort out of pretty much anyone.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a spurs fan, i love this. Mavs over pay a bit, and might get a little better. Rockets now have to make a decision, lose parsons and wait for bosh, or miss out on bosh and keep parsons.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a spurs fan, i love this. Mavs over pay a bit, and might get a little better. Rockets now have to make a decision, lose parsons and wait for bosh, or miss out on bosh and keep parsons.

There is also a third scenario that is part of Houston's decision. If houston does match that contract, but takes all three days then there is a risk Dallas misses out on Parson, Ariza, and Deng. A rumored option at that point would be Paul Freakin Pierce, and I have zero interest in another short time veteran.