• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree possibly out for season

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's tough break for them. It will be interesting to see if they make a move to add a WR.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for the 9ers. It's never easy to replace your best receiver, but Kaepernick had tunnel vision on Crabtree at times last year. Throwing the ball to him more than twice as often as any other player on the team. Not having Crabtree may actually get Kaep to read the entire field and not rely on him so much, making him a more dangerous passer, though there is the possiblity that Crabtree will be replaced by Boldin and Kaepernick may just focus on him this season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for the 9ers. It's never easy to replace your best receiver, but Kaepernick had tunnel vision on Crabtree at times last year. Throwing the ball to him more than twice as often as any other player on the team. Not having Crabtree may actually get Kaep to read the entire field and not rely on him so much, making him a more dangerous passer, though there is the possiblity that Crabtree will be replaced by Boldin and Kaepernick may just focus on him this season.

It's funny I just posted almost the exact same thought on the 9er board.

It's going to force other guys to step up and it'll force Kaep to have to rely on spreading the ball around more and building a repertoire with other guys. And if it was going to happen at least it happened now as he pretty much has all offseason to work on it.

Also the report is it's 6 months for Crabtree which means he'll be back in time to play a few games to be in the flow of things for the playoffs.

Still terrible news but I think the team can survive his loss.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jikkle, you are a fine poster and due to that I am sorry for your teams loss.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a monster loss for the Niners. Any team that loses its number one receiver can't help but feel that loss. Sure other guys will step up but will they be able to take up all the slack? Not likely. Crabs just came off a career year and was developing a pretty good report with Kap.

Not to wish injury on anyone but there is no doubt this injury hurts San Fran and helps Seattle.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crabtree is overrated and do agree this could be a blessing in disguise for the 49ers. It obviously sucks to lose your #1 WR but Crabtree was not a guy who was going to terrify opposing defenses so I believe his production can be replaced without too much difficulty.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1100 yards and 9 TDs plus his production in the playoffs should worry defense. He was great last year. Finally coming into his own. Sucks to lose him. Next man up...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for the Niners. Hate to see either team lose key members especially since this rivalry is really heating up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep Should be looking VD's way a lot more this year, This could be a good thing for the 49ers ( not the Crab Injury but looking VD's Way more ). Problem i see is Kaep locks onto 1 receiver and then bolts if they are not open, this is where he will need to grow and has to grow this offseason. Not having his go to guy might just Force him to read and in the long run help him. Crabtree's numbers were actually better then he is if you ask me. That's what happens when you are force feeding 1 player so much, bloated numbers.

I do hope Crabs has a fast recovery but remember his broken foot? he is not a fast healer and has shown that over the course of his football career ( college included ). He has skills and is a very fine WR, but he is not as good as 49er fans make him out to be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ needed this improvement also last season about midway too. Remember he always focused on Tate for whatever reason. Rice would be wide open down the sideline and he would never even look his way. He corrected that and all of a sudden he was an unstoppable force adding targets like Miller and Baldwin more, along with Rice. Kaep can be this too, I also agree, this could be a blessing in a way too...

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
should the niners be worried about the lack of playmakers? they have a great defense and a solid line so they can make up for it. However, in grind out games (like against the rams) the difference can be one guy making a couple big plays. Crabtree was their best playmaker. Boldin, Davis, and Gore are all solid guys who will give them good production but I think in games against the NFC west they will miss that bit of an edge that a playmaker brings.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all due respect to you, and those sharing these thoughts, I call :bullshit:

Crabtree averaged 9 passes a game and 6 catches, but look at his total yardage. He was their game changer with his ability to separate and break open a defense. Boldin? How fast is he these days? Sure, he will get his catches, but they are more jump ball types of catches and he won't be burning people after the catch.

Does Kaep have other targets? Sure, but Seattle last year had Rice and who? Adding Harvin means defenses have to seriously cover both as real threats every down. Not having both Crabtree and Boldin every down hurts them. Period.

There is a reason Kaep concentrated so much on Crabtree. He makes catches and can break open games. If you would have put Manning on that team they still push out to him 10 times a game. It won't help a young QB trying to keep the defense moving deep to help keep the running lanes open. It just won't.

Does this kill the 9'ers season? Of course not. They have weapons all over the place and one of the top defenses in the league that will keep them in almost every game. But losing their big game changing player will have an impact for sure.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to you, and those sharing these thoughts, I call :bullshit:

Crabtree averaged 9 passes a game and 6 catches, but look at his total yardage. He was their game changer with his ability to separate and break open a defense. Boldin? How fast is he these days? Sure, he will get his catches, but they are more jump ball types of catches and he won't be burning people after the catch.

Does Kaep have other targets? Sure, but Seattle last year had Rice and who? Adding Harvin means defenses have to seriously cover both as real threats every down. Not having both Crabtree and Boldin every down hurts them. Period.

There is a reason Kaep concentrated so much on Crabtree. He makes catches and can break open games. If you would have put Manning on that team they still push out to him 10 times a game. It won't help a young QB trying to keep the defense moving deep to help keep the running lanes open. It just won't.

Does this kill the 9'ers season? Of course not. They have weapons all over the place and one of the top defenses in the league that will keep them in almost every game. But losing their big game changing player will have an impact for sure.

There is no need to call BS. Us drafting McDonald allows our offense to be able to feature Vernon Davis more. The Crabtree loss definitely hurts us, but I think that this could ultimately move our offense forward towards the future. It allow Vernon Davis to be a more featured part of the offense. The drafting of McDonald allows us to continue to play our two TE sets. This allows the opportunity for one of our young WRs to step up and help. Jenkins needs to take the top off of defenses like Kyle Williams was doing before his injury. Patton needs to show that he can move the chains. I think the question will be if one of our young WRs can contribute 50/700/4. I expect a HUGE season out of Vernon Davis as one of the hardest mismatches for teams to defend in the NFL.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My big concern after hearing of Crabtree's injury was the health of Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team tries to put their best foot forward after losing someone of value, but you can't replace Crabtree and you know it. Those kinds of players are special and no amount of moving people around or keying on different people will replace big time game changing style players. SF's offense will not be what it could have been with him IMO and I don't care who else they added.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll just go back to the way they played in 2011 when Smith was QB and Crabtree hadn't had his breakout season. Lots of running, lots of passes to Vernon Davis, an occasion pass to a WR.
Now it will be a little different with Kaep. They may run the read option more
. The thing is Kaep is a better QB then Smith, so while it sucks for the 49ers, I'd hold off making to big a deal of Crabtree injury just yet.

C.Adl.C.Hox.Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must respectfully submit that my thoughts tend towards Wizardhawk's

IMO the injury and subsequent loss of any #1 contributor will cause damage to the spirit of any team and will require an astounding amount of work to overcome legitimately. There is a race going on right now and resources are limited.

I am of the mindset that since at this level, all personnel are playing at 100% already, to imply that others will 'step up' to fill the void is a misnomer. This loss has diminished the overall exceptional quality of the 49er product and may very well become an exploitable weakness.

I wish a Sincere, Speedy and Strong recuperation for Mr. Crabtree as well. Injuries are inevitable and are an aspect of the sport that I do not enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all due respect, have you seen Kaep? The dude is an athletic retard, he found one target because he only has the IQ of either throwing to one guy or running. You can teach a dog new tricks when he has a brain but this one doesn't have one. What's a tight end? A guy you lob the ball to so he can get crushed by a safety. With Davis on the team and James being able to come out of the backfield, the guy only had one guy he had "chemistry with" shows retardation. But he will keep kissing those 12 inch pythons every time he gets a teammate crushed.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, have you seen Kaep? The dude is an athletic retard, he found one target because he only has the IQ of either throwing to one guy or running. You can teach a dog new tricks when he has a brain but this one doesn't have one. What's a tight end? A guy you lob the ball to so he can get crushed by a safety. With Davis on the team and James being able to come out of the backfield, the guy only had one guy he had "chemistry with" shows retardation. But he will keep kissing those 12 inch pythons every time he gets a teammate crushed.

It's obvious by your post that you don't watch Kaep play much.

Last edited by a moderator: