• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree possibly out for season

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on Kaep is that he is a monster when you mix his run game with his pass, however if you try to take away his sprinting upfield lane and make him stand in the pocket every down and make him throw the ball downfield is the best way to stop him. Im going off the seahawk vs 49ers game that we had won and it seems to me that was the case. he showed a little bit of that in the dolphins game as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my earlier post i stated this would help Kaep focus more on VD and include him in the game plan more. this was a bonus as VD is a threat on every play that was removed.

How WRONG i was. Sando did a post a few days ago that proved that VD actually was targeted MORE when Kaep was the QB the problem was VD was not getting open and was also dropping passes. Coming out of College VD was know to be a fast and strong player with BAD HANDS. he had a few good seasons but you can not cure "bad hands" as well as you could lets say bad route running. I believe VD's best days are behind him and thankfully so :)

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In my earlier post i stated this would help Kaep focus more on VD and include him in the game plan more. this was a bonus as VD is a threat on every play that was removed.

How WRONG i was. Sando did a post a few days ago that proved that VD actually was targeted MORE when Kaep was the QB the problem was VD was not getting open and was also dropping passes. Coming out of College VD was know to be a fast and strong player with BAD HANDS. he had a few good seasons but you can not cure "bad hands" as well as you could lets say bad route running. I believe VD's best days are behind him and thankfully so :)

VD ended with two 100 yard games.

What I believe happened is defenses used to focus mainly on making sure that VD was stopped but when Kaep burned them by hitting Crabtree and the read option became a big threat it forced defense to ease off of VD which gave him better looks.

This is where the loss of Crabtree hurts because his emergence opened up VD. Though I think Boldin is the type that can draw attention as well due to his hands and ability to move the chains.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Regarding Kaep it's unlikely Harbaugh drafts him if he was unable to handle the mental rigors of the position.

Out of the young guns (RGIII, Luck, RW, Cam) Kaep was the most unpolished of the bunch. It wasn't by accident that 5 (I think) QBs were taken ahead of him and he went into the 2nd round because physically going into the draft he was elite so it's not like teams didn't notice him. With that said I view Kaep with the most upside and most room to grow out of the other young guns.

To me all Kaep needs is that full offseason of getting 1st team reps and more in game NFL experience. The player he was at preseason compared the one he was at in the Super Bowl was night and day. I recall last preseason being disappointed he didn't push for the starting gig harder and thinking he was at least a year away to being surprised at how well he did when he got in.