• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree Gone To Raiders

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? Me, no big deal.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is labed as a game thread. Most 49er fans are glad he is gone.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is labed as a game thread. Most 49er fans are glad he is gone.
Fixed. I never liked him from the beginning and I'm truly glad he got signed in time to maybe get a comp pick in 2016. I doubt he will be whatever some people thought he might be when he first came into the NFL. Not saying that his numbers have been bad on a team that was a run heavy offense but he just wasn't above average in any way. The truth is that he never really liked being a 9er and many fans felt that vibe. That being said ,when does his new jersey come out? I need a new doormat.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not a big loss. Prior to the Achilles injury, I thought we were starting to see him break out (once Kap took over in 2012, Crabtree posted numbers that compare favorably with just about any receiver in the league through that span), but after the injury he didn't come close to rebounding. We'll have to see if he can come close to that late-2012 form, but the Niners are probably well rid of him given the baggage.

That said, I don't think you can just look at his numbers and discredit him. The guy played with Alex Smith (or some worse option) for 51 of his 79 regular season games. I respect the career that Smith has built for himself, but he's never been a guy who takes advantage of WRs. Crabtree also played in typically run-first systems, and often without a deep threat to complement him (other than Davis). I think he can still be a solid starting receiver in the league, though the potential #1 ship has likely sailed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big loss. Prior to the Achilles injury, I thought we were starting to see him break out (once Kap took over in 2012, Crabtree posted numbers that compare favorably with just about any receiver in the league through that span), but after the injury he didn't come close to rebounding. We'll have to see if he can come close to that late-2012 form, but the Niners are probably well rid of him given the baggage.

That said, I don't think you can just look at his numbers and discredit him. The guy played with Alex Smith (or some worse option) for 51 of his 79 regular season games. I respect the career that Smith has built for himself, but he's never been a guy who takes advantage of WRs. Crabtree also played in typically run-first systems, and often without a deep threat to complement him (other than Davis). I think he can still be a solid starting receiver in the league, though the potential #1 ship has likely sailed.
Agreed. he was tough with the ball inhis hands too. The achillesreally seemed to slow him down though. I think his best days are behind him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Raiders for the Comp 3rd rd pick. This is good new for the 49ers.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did you see that it would be a third round pick?

I read he only got 3 Million for One year, so I don't think he will bring back much more than a 7th and maybe even not that as a comp. pick (hope I'm wrong and we get more). I also read he was trying to hold out for at least 4 1/2 million. ;) No I didn't think that would happen.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see that it would be a third round pick?

I'm pretty sure he is just guessing. Iupati will prolly be cancelled out by Torrey. But we should get some good picks for Crabtree, Gore, Culliver, Cox and Skuta. Wright will cancel out one of those players. I'm hoping Pears is a bench player so he doesn't affect the comp picks. So we will prolly end up getting 4 comp picks next year. We could see some extra 3rd and 4th round picks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

A third round pick? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Unless Crabtree hits all his escalators to get the full $5 million, he's just going to cancel out the Wright signing. His impact on the comp pick formula is pretty minimal, other than that he's another body (first consideration is number of players lost vs. number gained).

The only shot we have at a third this year is Culliver. Iupati and T. Smith cancel each other out, Crabtree and Wright, then we got Pears (not a clear offset, though). So you're looking at picks in essence for Culliver, Cox, Gore, and Skuta. It's possible Culliver nets a third, but I think we're more likely looking at a couple fourths and a fifth. Something like that.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A third round pick? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Unless Crabtree hits all his escalators to get the full $5 million, he's just going to cancel out the Wright signing. His impact on the comp pick formula is pretty minimal, other than that he's another body (first consideration is number of players lost vs. number gained).

The only shot we have at a third this year is Culliver. Iupati and T. Smith cancel each other out, Crabtree and Wright, then we got Pears (not a clear offset, though). So you're looking at picks in essence for Culliver, Cox, Gore, and Skuta. It's possible Culliver nets a third, but I think we're more likely looking at a couple fourths and a fifth. Something like that.

Colts are a passing team for sure but I'm hoping Gore gets 1,000 yards and we get a 3rd for losing Gore.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Colts are a passing team for sure but I'm hoping Gore gets 1,000 yards and we get a 3rd for losing Gore.

His contract isn't big enough. They only give our three or four thirds in any given year, and Gore's contract only averages $4 million a year. Skuta has a bigger contract.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compensatory picks are dolled out in an odd manner, but I am pretty sure the biggest factor is the size of the contract that was signed by the departed FA.
I hope Seattle gets a 3rd for Maxwell, 6/$63.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Compensatory picks are dolled out in an odd manner, but I am pretty sure the biggest factor is the size of the contract that was signed by the departed FA.
I hope Seattle gets a 3rd for Maxwell, 6/$63.

Seems like there's a good chance of that. Hawks have lost quite a few players, and only added a couple low-priced guys.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he is just guessing. Iupati will prolly be cancelled out by Torrey. But we should get some good picks for Crabtree, Gore, Culliver, Cox and Skuta. Wright will cancel out one of those players. I'm hoping Pears is a bench player so he doesn't affect the comp picks. So we will prolly end up getting 4 comp picks next year. We could see some extra 3rd and 4th round picks.

I hope Pears is a bench player. If he ends up starting there are bigger issues to worry about. It would probably be J. Martin all over again.