• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crabtree Gone To Raiders

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he is just guessing. Iupati will prolly be cancelled out by Torrey. But we should get some good picks for Crabtree, Gore, Culliver, Cox and Skuta. Wright will cancel out one of those players. I'm hoping Pears is a bench player so he doesn't affect the comp picks. So we will prolly end up getting 4 comp picks next year. We could see some extra 3rd and 4th round picks.
I would not have let Culliver and Cox leave. They were the best two Corners on the team. The defense is really going to be in trouble next year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like there's a good chance of that. Hawks have lost quite a few players, and only added a couple low-priced guys.

They made the pickup of the season though by getting Graham from the Saints. he is really going to help that offense in the red zone.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have let Culliver and Cox leave. They were the best two Corners on the team. The defense is really going to be in trouble next year.

I think Brock is as good as either Cox or Culliver

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brock is as good as either Cox or Culliver
I didn't think he performed as well as either of those guys but he was hurt a lot, wasn't he?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think he performed as well as either of those guys but he was hurt a lot, wasn't he?

Brock became the 49ers #1 CB the year before last and did a really nice job. He was considered the number one corner coming into this year when he sustained the turf toe injury. He tried coming back and playing during the season but just couldn't play on it and ended up missing the rest of the season.

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see that it would be a third round pick?
A couple places. It should be a comp 3rd rd pick. The lowest I saw has been a Comp 4th rd pick. Either way i will take it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Brock was supposed to be the #1 CB before he was injured. Culliver got a huge contract ($8 million/year). We weren't going to keep him. Maybe you could argue we should keep Cox at $5 million/year, but you're talking about a guy who was unemployed late in 2013.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A couple places. It should be a comp 3rd rd pick. The lowest I saw has been a Comp 4th rd pick. Either way i will take it.

Either way, you're dead wrong. The best thing it does for us is it adds another body to the "lost" column. But as said above, losing Crabtree basically just cancels out Wright. If we were to get a pick for it, it would be a 5th at the absolute best, and even that is unlikely.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunitly? During FA it comes down players often leave because of the money is better, the city may be nicer, the team may be in the chase!! Kind of like Ndamukong Suh and Miami!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Crabtree Raiders contract worth $3 million, with another $2 million incentives, according to reports - Niners Nation

We are getting a 4th, 5th and 6th for Cully, Cox and Skuta. I would think Crabtree would get us a 3rd or 4th but I was wrong I guess. Most people had it at a 5million dollar deal but for Comp pick its only the 3 mill dollar contact that counts so Crabtree will actually be around a 5th or 6th rd pick. Damn. Please look at this chart. I just learned something with this chart.
Compensatory Draft Picks Cancellation Chart - Over the Cap

Draft - Over the Cap

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Crabtree Raiders contract worth $3 million, with another $2 million incentives, according to reports - Niners Nation

We are getting a 4th, 5th and 6th for Cully, Cox and Skuta. I would think Crabtree would get us a 3rd or 4th but I was wrong I guess. Most people had it at a 5million dollar deal but for Comp pick its only the 3 mill dollar contact that counts so Crabtree will actually be around a 5th or 6th rd pick. Damn. Please look at this chart. I just learned something with this chart.

Draft - Over the Cap
Thanks for this post ,Purguy. Comp picks tend to be confusing.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Draft - Over the Cap

Looks about right. They have Crabtree and Pears cancelling each other out, but same difference as Wright.

Man, NE is making out like bandits on Revis. They rent him for one year (granted they paid him a lot), he helps them win the SB, and then they let him walk and get a third for the pleasure.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft - Over the Cap

I read somewhere only the $3 million counts. No one was going to pay him a straight $5 million

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup only 3 mill counts so we will only get a 5th or 6th. Kind of sucks. Oh well.

Well, it was looking like the 49ers were going to get nothing for him. The May deadline was approaching and it looked like no teams were going to sign him until the Raiders stepped up. I guess it's the glass is half full.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, it was looking like the 49ers were going to get nothing for him. The May deadline was approaching and it looked like no teams were going to sign him until the Raiders stepped up. I guess it's the glass is half full.

The good news is that instead of Pears cancelling out a guy like Skuta, who might return a 5th, he's cancelling out Crabtree, who would give us something like a 6th.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up on his career even before the age of 30. Possibly our biggest bust pick in the last 15 years when you consider where he was picked and the hype he had coming into the league.