• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What standard. The standard is whatever Goodell says it is as the NFLPA agreed to. And Goodell has proven that that standard is a moving target.

I'm betting the next CBA negotiations will be quite tense.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to a statement released by his lawyers, Ezekiel Elliott will appeal his six-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Elliott had up to three business days to file an appeal following the announcement of Friday's six-game ban. "Mr. Elliott and his team of representatives are extremely disappointed with the NFL's decision," said attorneys Frank Salzano and Scott Rosenblum in a joint statement. "The NFL's findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it 'cherry picks' so called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence." Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports is hearing that Elliott is willing to take his appeal "through courts if he has to," just as Tom Brady did when he was suspended for his role in DeflateGate. Given how slowly the wheels of justice move in the NFL—Elliott's investigation began last summer—this saga could drag on for quite some time.

O/U on years before this is settled:suds:

Considering the NFL took THIRTEEN DAMN MONTHS to come to a conclusion...

Yep. This could go on for awhile.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably more than that.

It's not just about the image of the league......this is still a profit driven league. When you start suspending star players from teams, that hurts OWNERS bottom line. They'll oppose this more than you realize.

I don't think they will put up that much of a fight. It is the owners lack of doing things that put them in this position to begin with and the Cowboys were one of the big offenders. Players have far too long got away with being dumb asses because they filled in the seats. Domestic violence has become a black eye to the NFL and they had to do something. The NFL is sending notice that being a star player does not mean you get a blank check. Tom Brady got suspended...deserving or not does not matter. He is one of if not the biggest star in the NFL.

TV revenue is the biggest revenue make for the NFL. Stations pay for this using revenue from sponsors. Sponsors start pulling out the pricing power the NFL has will diminish. The NFL is bigger than one individual player no matter how good and the NFL will crucify even the biggest stars to make sure the bottom line is not hurt. The Josh Brown fiasco could be one of the precursors that led to the hammer coming down on Elliot.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all there is no way this suspension stays at 6 games. It's an absolute joke. Zeke will appeal and thus more than likely play game 1. That means the Cowboys win game 1 against the Giants.

He has 3 days to appeal. They have to hold the hearing within 10 days if I am not mistaken. I am sure they will hand down the decision of the appeal before the season opener.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the league cannot afford to let this get reduced. horrible PR move.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 3 days to appeal. They have to hold the hearing within 10 days if I am not mistaken. I am sure they will hand down the decision of the appeal before the season opener.

Do you remember how long it took Tom Brady to serve his suspension?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember how long it took Tom Brady to serve his suspension?

Is Elliot going to sue the NFL? If so who is going to pay his legal fees...he does not have Tom Brady money.

One of Elliot's problem is that he is a dumb ass. He has a number of incidents AFTER he knew he was under investigation. He put himself in situations because IMO he thought it would all be swept under the rug. Most people when they know they are under investigation keep their noses clean.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, you're an eagles fan but use logic. She was literally busted telling witnesses to lie for her, to make it look like domestic violence took place.

According to Elliont's attorneys the claim is the user lied about one of the incidents not all three. I agree the accuser does have some credibility issues but then again....so does Elliot. This was a long investigation. It took 13 months becuse they have been fucking up these investigations and decided to try to get one right........maybe.....we will see in the next few days. I am sure they expected an appeal and already have a date set to schedule it.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Elliot going to sue the NFL? If so who is going to pay his legal fees...he does not have Tom Brady money.

One of Elliot's problem is that he is a dumb ass. He has a number of incidents AFTER he knew he was under investigation. He put himself in situations because IMO he thought it would all be swept under the rug. Most people when they know they are under investigation keep their noses clean.

It doesn't take an expensive lawyer team to file appeal after appeal.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh brown was beating a woman and gets one game. Zeke is innocent of beating a woman and gets 6? Did brown only get one because he is white?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh brown was beating a woman and gets one game. Zeke is innocent of beating a woman and gets 6? Did brown only get one because he is white?
And we have the first wave of the race card.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This suspension will probably get reduced to 3 or 4 games and it has me giddy all over.... You see, I pick 6th in this years fantasy draft and now he may fall to me.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....but that's just my opinion

So do i. Just like Blandino getting off the Cowboys party bus and picking up a pass interference flag after announcing it and not penalizing Dez for running on the field screaming at the ref with no helmet on.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This suspension will probably get reduced to 3 or 4 games and it has me giddy all over.... You see, I pick 6th in this years fantasy draft and now he may fall to me.
NFL put itself in quite the PR corner with it's botching of previous DV cases. I don't think they'll reduce the suspension total unless they have no choice.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_ng1gtwFo8i1qlsrn9o3_500.gif
never-heard-that-one.gif