• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys zeke elliot suspened 6 games

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Cowboy fan - trust me. By ignoring the facts and jumping to conclusions, you are being duped.
The NFL is up to their old tricks - again. Investigation? all pandering for PR

You could be right. However.....I am not convinced that they do not have anything on Elliot. There is no way they suspend him for 6 games without something. We may never know. I personally hate the power the commissioner has and I think he is an asshole...but....it was the players that agreed to let him have that power.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.I am not convinced that they do not have anything on Elliot. There is no way they suspend him for 6 games without something.

Really are you really sure about that
All Goodell needs is a opinion that he thinks Elliot is guilty no proof just a opinion!
how would you like to work for people like that ?
Hey we think your a racist so your fired and banned based on what we think your actions show us.

Extreme sure but a simple example of whats going on. It does not matter if the players ceded that power to the defacto judge jury and executioner. that does not make it right.

Any opinion of guilt or innocence is moot under those draconian rules

We know better than you what is best

The NFL screwed this up so bad they will never recover under Goodell
this will sink him

this reeks of your guilty and we will find a way to make sure we show it

The NFL suspends him to save face PERIOD

Stupid advice to Goodell

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to take the high road and let it go but for some reason you just can't seem to let it go.
LOL....Bull Shit again champ.

always funny when people think they are above others when their posts clearly state otherwise

If this had been a player from any other team, you wouldn't post shit.

Always on your mind.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the whole thread or looked deeply into the story outside of this forum, but it seems strange to me that so many people here seem to be complaining about Goodell having "too much power here". For one, I seriously doubt they have nothing of substance against Ezekiel Elliott if he's handing out a 6 game suspension - Goodell has been an ass plenty of times during his time as NFL commissioner, but I just doubt he would hand out that lengthy of a suspension with zero evidence supporting it. That would look terrible as it unfolded. Adrian Peterson got 15 games, and Ray Rice got a full season suspension and had his career destroyed over domestic abuse charges, so I wouldn't say 6 games and the ability to return afterwards to continue making millions playing football is such a terrible deal for Elliott.

Also, these athletes get a ridiculous amount lenience with this stuff compared to regular people. Elliott himself has had other very sketchy off-field instances within his NFL career besides this new stuff. Regular guys getting accused of this kind of stuff could easily have their careers destroyed over it, rather than just getting a suspension and then the opportunity to continue making millions playing a sport. Yet you guys sit here crying for a guy who makes millions playing football getting a 6-game suspension after having done numerous things that would have destroyed the lives of most normal people. Give me a break.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the whole thread or looked deeply into the story outside of this forum, but it seems strange to me that so many people here seem to be complaining about Goodell having "too much power here". For one, I seriously doubt they have nothing of substance against Ezekiel Elliott if he's handing out a 6 game suspension - Goodell has been an ass plenty of times during his time as NFL commissioner, but I just doubt he would hand out that lengthy of a suspension with zero evidence supporting it. That would look terrible as it unfolded. Adrian Peterson got 15 games, and Ray Rice got a full season suspension and had his career destroyed over domestic abuse charges, so I wouldn't say 6 games and the ability to return afterwards to continue making millions playing football is such a terrible deal for Elliott.

Also, these athletes get a ridiculous amount lenience with this stuff compared to regular people. Elliott himself has had other very sketchy off-field instances within his NFL career besides this new stuff. Regular guys getting accused of this kind of stuff could easily have their careers destroyed over it, rather than just getting a suspension and then the opportunity to continue making millions playing a sport. Yet you guys sit here crying for a guy who makes millions playing football getting a 6-game suspension after having done numerous things that would have destroyed the lives of most normal people. Give me a break.

No offense but I would ask you to read up a whole bunch more on Herr Goodell and his merry band of henchmen

check out Mike Florio's article on Herr Goodell and his flimsy evidence just to start

Just saying

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the NFL...It will be reduced to ~2 games.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say it again. The NFL had a PR nightmare with the Ezekial DV claim. After the way they screwed the pooch on previous claims they had to do something. Since all evidence showed Elliot was not guilty, what could they do?
The solution was to hire a "hit squad" to investigate. To everyone's surprise, the panel of 4 investigators made up of unemployed activists, came up with the conclusion that Elliot did it - despite the evidence that he did not.

Now the NFL can suspend Zeke and rid themselves of this PR nightmare.
And the 4 hired guns have relevance and are back in the public view!!!!!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again. The NFL had a PR nightmare with the Ezekial DV claim. After the way they screwed the pooch on previous claims they had to do something. Since all evidence showed Elliot was not guilty, what could they do?
The solution was to hire a "hit squad" to investigate. To everyone's surprise, the panel of 4 investigators made up of unemployed activists, came up with the conclusion that Elliot did it - despite the evidence that he did not.

Now the NFL can suspend Zeke and rid themselves of this PR nightmare.
And the 4 hired guns have relevance and are back in the public view!!!!!
Yes indeed! It has the elements of a juicy story. Nothing like a bunch of bs to kick off the season, you go Rog!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. However.....I am not convinced that they do not have anything on Elliot. There is no way they suspend him for 6 games without something. We may never know. I personally hate the power the commissioner has and I think he is an asshole...but....it was the players that agreed to let him have that power.

If there was anything on Elliot, he would be arrested, saving Goodell from the "investigation" and suspending a player who was not charged. The leaking of untrue information is typical of the NFL under Goodell.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I just read that chick's texts.........I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's completely innocent

Her friends point blank ASK HER if she wants them to lie to his lawyers and the police......she gives them the exact story to tell.

After reading that, she has ZERO credibility here. Nothing she says can be taken for truth without witnesses she doesn't know being present.

I think an arbitration judge won't have too much of a problem with this. The core issue is the league's ability to punish Elliot, not his guilt or innocence.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I just read that chick's texts.........I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's completely innocent

Her friends point blank ASK HER if she wants them to lie to his lawyers and the police......she gives them the exact story to tell.

After reading that, she has ZERO credibility here. Nothing she says can be taken for truth without witnesses she doesn't know being present.

I think an arbitration judge won't have too much of a problem with this. The core issue is the league's ability to punish Elliot, not his guilt or innocence.

Elliot has no chance. The Brady / deflategate issue has set the precedence for Goodell to do whatever he wants.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say 100% theres no way Elliott ever hit her, but I have said and will continue to say the girl has absolutely no credibility.
No way in hell would I convict any man with this evidence. Well maybe I'd convict @PhillyGreen.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot has no chance. The Brady / deflategate issue has set the precedence for Goodell to do whatever he wants.
I'm not a lawyer, but I'd use the Josh Brown 1 game suspension against the NFL.
I will cede Elliott beating the NFL in court is slim to none.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a lawyer, but I'd use the Josh Brown 1 game suspension against the NFL.
I will cede Elliott beating the NFL in court is slim to none.

All things considered, I'd take the suspension and plat the backups while they are healthy.
Brady getting some games off made him fresher for the drive.....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, I'd take the suspension and plat the backups while they are healthy.
Brady getting some games off made him fresher for the drive.....
That's crossed my mind, especially the amount of carried Zeke had, and word is they plan on increasing his touches in the passing game.
I'd love it if I can get him and Bell as my FF backs again.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a moron like Elliot. I would never put myself in the position for that to become a possibility.
All it takes is one crazy to screw you over.
Again, I dont know if Elliott evet touched her, I do know she lied.
Do you KNOW any more than that?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was anything on Elliot, he would be arrested, saving Goodell from the "investigation" and suspending a player who was not charged. The leaking of untrue information is typical of the NFL under Goodell.

That may be the case. I think some of you are focusing too much in the criminal aspect. This is a civil matter based on an employer/employee relationship. Say for instance I failed a drug test for marijuana. My employee can fire me based on their rules regarding employment. Marijuana is illegal in my state.....failing the test does not mean I can be arrested.

Goodell is a dickehead. I get that.....I personally can't stand him. I am merely focusing on the rules as they are written. Now my access is limited and I do not know all that is involved in them. My biggest question is what fucking moron represented the players that would allow Goodell to have this kind of power?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be the case. I think some of you are focusing too much in the criminal aspect. This is a civil matter based on an employer/employee relationship. Say for instance I failed a drug test for marijuana. My employee can fire me based on their rules regarding employment. Marijuana is illegal in my state.....failing the test does not mean I can be arrested.

Goodell is a dickehead. I get that.....I personally can't stand him. I am merely focusing on the rules as they are written. Now my access is limited and I do not know all that is involved in them. My biggest question is what fucking moron represented the players that would allow Goodell to have this kind of power?
But if you failed that test isn't that confirmed evidence against you?
Do you believe the girl lied against Elliott?