• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Look good

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see the Cowboys put up those rushing numbers against a team other than the Rams.

Garrett still abandons running the ball way too easy.

Garrett isnt calling the plays anymore

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett isnt calling the plays anymore

He may not be calling the actual plays but I think he still has influence on what kind of plays are called.

When Dallas gets into throw, throw, throw mode is when turnovers happen and Romo gets hammered.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking ahead, this is dangerous because I feel I do this every year and they find ways to completely throw logic out the window but the next couple of games:

@Chargers - Absolutely no reason to lose this game. This team is fucking garbage, guard against the deep ball and we should win,

Broncos - Home game against arguably the best team in football. This is going to be a very tough test but if we somehow manage to pull it off it would be a huge win.

Redskins - Slapdick team. They were a medicore team last year that rode on the back of an absolutely amazing season by RG3. He seems to not be 100% and without him playing the part of Superman they aren't very good. We should win this game.

@Philly - I could see this being the KC game all over again. On paper we're better, but Philly is not an easy place to play and with division games anything can happen. I still say we beat them here.

@Lions - This is a tough game. CJ is just a freak and our safeties will struggle to provide support over the top against him. Our pass rush will have to bring their A game. Their D line is impressive as well so we'll need to pass protect. With that said, they're not a great all around team and we should beat them.

We're 2-1 right now. In the next month and change, assuming everything goes they way it's supposed to we're 6-2 with a pretty comfortable lead in the division. For whatever reason Romo turns it on in the month of November. Win the games we're supposed to win heading into November and then hope we continue our November success. The division is weak this year, if we don't win it it's because we didn't win not because other teams beat us.

That is a tough stretch really. 3 road games, and 2 home games against Denver and Washington(who will give us their best game). If we are 6-2 or even 5-3 after that stretch, we're in pretty good shape.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about Claiborne. I noticed Sunday that he is really good about turning his head for the ball. My question is, is his speed an issue?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a tough stretch really. 3 road games, and 2 home games against Denver and Washington(who will give us their best game). If we are 6-2 or even 5-3 after that stretch, we're in pretty good shape.

I agree road games are tough to judge. However, if we're going to be a playoff team and we want to win the division you have to be able to win on the road.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking ahead, this is dangerous because I feel I do this every year and they find ways to completely throw logic out the window but the next couple of games:

@Chargers - Absolutely no reason to lose this game. This team is fucking garbage, guard against the deep ball and we should win,

Broncos - Home game against arguably the best team in football. This is going to be a very tough test but if we somehow manage to pull it off it would be a huge win.

Redskins - Slapdick team. They were a medicore team last year that rode on the back of an absolutely amazing season by RG3. He seems to not be 100% and without him playing the part of Superman they aren't very good. We should win this game.

@Philly - I could see this being the KC game all over again. On paper we're better, but Philly is not an easy place to play and with division games anything can happen. I still say we beat them here.

@Lions - This is a tough game. CJ is just a freak and our safeties will struggle to provide support over the top against him. Our pass rush will have to bring their A game. Their D line is impressive as well so we'll need to pass protect. With that said, they're not a great all around team and we should beat them.

We're 2-1 right now. In the next month and change, assuming everything goes they way it's supposed to we're 6-2 with a pretty comfortable lead in the division. For whatever reason Romo turns it on in the month of November. Win the games we're supposed to win heading into November and then hope we continue our November success. The division is weak this year, if we don't win it it's because we didn't win not because other teams beat us.

With your analysis, we will soon be expected to be 14-2 or 15-1. All those games may look like wins, but the other team still has a say as well. We are no more a SB contender this week than we were a 5 win team after last week...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be calling the actual plays but I think he still has influence on what kind of plays are called.

When Dallas gets into throw, throw, throw mode is when turnovers happen and Romo gets hammered.
so when the offense does well, you will say it is because JG doesn't call plays no more. When they struggle it will be because JG has influence on play calling. Got it! :thumb:

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so when the offense does well, you will say it is because JG doesn't call plays no more. When they struggle it will be because JG has influence on play calling. Got it! :thumb:

Uh no but thanks for playing. I had forgotten Garrett is not calling the plays.

The Cowboys are most successful when they balance their offense. Doesn't matter who calls the plays or who gets credit for it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With your analysis, we will soon be expected to be 14-2 or 15-1. All those games may look like wins, but the other team still has a say as well. We are no more a SB contender this week than we were a 5 win team after last week...

Are those or are those not mostly winnable games? Obviously, as I said they will prove me wrong, but this team is capable of winning all of those games except for the Broncos game (I chalked that one up as a loss, prove me wrong Cowboys). Top to bottom the Cowboys are a better team than the Chargers/Eagles/Redskins/Lions. Those are teams we "should" beat, doesn't mean we will.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All will be tough in their own sort of way but they are all winnable , even the Denver game. The Washington game sticks out because they will be coming off a bye. We just need to get some confidence on the road this week. SD could be 3-0 , but have flat blown 2 games.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those or are those not mostly winnable games? Obviously, as I said they will prove me wrong, but this team is capable of winning all of those games except for the Broncos game (I chalked that one up as a loss, prove me wrong Cowboys). Top to bottom the Cowboys are a better team than the Chargers/Eagles/Redskins/Lions. Those are teams we "should" beat, doesn't mean we will.
I don't know. The Lions can win a shootout with us. I do agree that they are all winnable games, but they are all lose able games as well. Think we should beat the chargers but something just troubles me there. The NFC east playing the east you never know how those games will play out no matter how good or bad the teams are. & I think the Lions are better than some give them credit for. You are right though that they are winnable games.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like 8 wins will get you the NFC crown this year!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about Claiborne. I noticed Sunday that he is really good about turning his head for the ball. My question is, is his speed an issue?

No, you have to remember he didn't play the entire preseason due to a knee issue, those knee issues always slow you down. Look at RG3 I don't care what you say, the dude is not 100% he does not have the same burst. For Mo you should see him back with his burst come mid season. He will be fine, actually enjoyed watching him play Sunday.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you have to remember he didn't play the entire preseason due to a knee issue, those knee issues always slow you down. Look at RG3 I don't care what you say, the dude is not 100% he does not have the same burst. For Mo you should see him back with his burst come mid season. He will be fine, actually enjoyed watching him play Sunday.

^^^^^ That right there. Anytime you miss preseason at his age.... you are going to be a step behind everyone else. Usually takes 2-3 games to get the technique back.

I think Mo will be fine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^ That right there. Anytime you miss preseason at his age.... you are going to be a step behind everyone else. Usually takes 2-3 games to get the technique back.

I think Mo will be fine

Exactly this isn't Baton Rogue anymore :rollseyes: he will be just fine though.