• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys Look good

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week to week league cause they're professional on both sidelines

nothing more the asswhip read than fans getting ahead of themselves after 3 games saying what a team is and isn't.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look solid, but two things bro:

1.) I think the team that had TO and Co that went 13-3 and had a first round bye looked better than this team. Not saying that this team won't have more postseason sucks than that team did, Lord lets pray they do, but as far as how they look I'd give it to the 2007 team, and then the 2009 team that went 11-5 and beat Philly in the playoffs for NOW and I'll readdress it later in the postseason.

2.) For now we only have wins against an 0-3 Giants team which we barely got by with and a 1-2 Rams team in which we looked great in. Ill reserve my thoughts on this team until I see something that changes my mind. I knew we'd win the game Sunday just like I knew deep down we'd get an L versus KC, let's see how we play the next 3-5 weeks Chargers, Broncos, Skins, Eagles, Lions if we go 4-1 in the next 5 games then I'll be ready to say this team is foreal, anything less than ill hold out hope and judgement until season end.

I'm not even sayin they are a 13-3 team ..... (really I dont think they are)
But they are playing with a passion this team has lacked for many years. They aren't just hitting guys they are chopping the ball. When was the last time you saw this defense do that?
It's not that I think we have a great unstopable team..... But they are playing like I love to see them play. When was the last time this team was in the positive in the turnover ratio?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are playing with a passion this team has lacked for many years. They aren't just hitting guys they are chopping the ball. When was the last time you saw this defense do that?
It's not that I think we have a great unstopable team..... But they are playing like I love to see them play. When was the last time this team was in the positive in the turnover ratio?

just goes to show....coaching matters

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sons of bitches are currently the class of the division no doubt about that. Not sure what that means yet but Dallas's D is playing very well and apparently looked very good yesterday against a pretty good rams squad.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about the Rams. Is their O-line suppose to be good, or was it just a bad O-line that we exploited? hard to tell how excited I should be. (either way I am happy)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look solid, but two things bro:

1.) I think the team that had TO and Co that went 13-3 and had a first round bye looked better than this team. Not saying that this team won't have more postseason sucks than that team did, Lord lets pray they do, but as far as how they look I'd give it to the 2007 team, and then the 2009 team that went 11-5 and beat Philly in the playoffs for NOW and I'll readdress it later in the postseason.

2.) For now we only have wins against an 0-3 Giants team which we barely got by with and a 1-2 Rams team in which we looked great in. Ill reserve my thoughts on this team until I see something that changes my mind. I knew we'd win the game Sunday just like I knew deep down we'd get an L versus KC, let's see how we play the next 3-5 weeks Chargers, Broncos, Skins, Eagles, Lions if we go 4-1 in the next 5 games then I'll be ready to say this team is foreal, anything less than ill hold out hope and judgement until season end.

13-3 team Bill>JG Bigtime. Romo today>Romo then. Pretty close otherwise

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes to the above

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The addition of Frederick and Waters seems to have really helped the pass protection. They looked good yesterday. Really glad that Ryans gay defensive system is gone. I consider the next game a must win,as all games are. Not impressed with the chargers. Not sure if I would pencil in the broncos as a loss if the running game gets going. Cowboys will lose that game if they don't get the running game going early

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are playing with more passion than any team that I've seen in the last 15 years or so.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The addition of Frederick and Waters seems to have really helped the pass protection. They looked good yesterday. Really glad that Ryans gay defensive system is gone. I consider the next game a must win,as all games are. Not impressed with the chargers. Not sure if I would pencil in the broncos as a loss if the running game gets going. Cowboys will lose that game if they don't get the running game going early

I'm sure Ryan wasn't the problem, if he was I doubt the Saints D would be doing so well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about the Rams. Is their O-line suppose to be good, or was it just a bad O-line that we exploited? hard to tell how excited I should be. (either way I am happy)

Through the first two games they hadn't gave up a sack yet. I'd say they have a very good OLine. Also consider that Hatcher has 3 sacks and Ware has 4 sacks and Spencer and Rat are still out and I'd say our DLine could be very special this year.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first two games they hadn't gave up a sack yet. I'd say they have a very good OLine. Also consider that Hatcher has 3 sacks and Ware has 4 sacks and Spencer and Rat are still out and I'd say our DLine could be very special this year.
Oh I am a believer in our D-line. Just didn't know about he Rams O-line. Was hoping we dismantled a good O-Line.:10:
Nice thing is we are getting pressure with just 4 right now too. We are doing nicely at mixing it up.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Ryan wasn't the problem, if he was I doubt the Saints D would be doing so well.

Ryan was certainly the problem. His scheme's were circuit overload and he brought a since of entitlement to this team. The message of bust your ass and swarm to the football isn't anything new, but how it's being delivered and focused on along with being demanded is very new to this group. This is night and day difference on defense and it's pure coaching....least for this collection of guy's it sure is.

Ryan has yet to show any consistent substance as a D-Coord and I'm betting the saints will see that as well in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan was certainly the problem. His scheme's were circuit overload and he brought a since of entitlement to this team. The message of bust your ass and swarm to the football isn't anything new, but how it's being delivered and focused on along with being demanded is very new to this group. This is night and day difference on defense and it's pure coaching....least for this collection of guy's it sure is.

Ryan has yet to show any consistent substance as a D-Coord and I'm betting the saints will see that as well in time.

I respect your opinion bro, but my opinion is that this team as a whole is not the smartest group in football and have a hard time grasping complex schemes. The best thing about Kiff's scheme is that it is so simple. I would say that is the major difference, I could be wrong, however I just see how the Saints are playing and how the Browns played and I would say that he was not the problem, or at least not the major problem with our D.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking ahead, this is dangerous because I feel I do this every year and they find ways to completely throw logic out the window but the next couple of games:

@Chargers - Absolutely no reason to lose this game. This team is fucking garbage, guard against the deep ball and we should win,

Broncos - Home game against arguably the best team in football. This is going to be a very tough test but if we somehow manage to pull it off it would be a huge win.

Redskins - Slapdick team. They were a medicore team last year that rode on the back of an absolutely amazing season by RG3. He seems to not be 100% and without him playing the part of Superman they aren't very good. We should win this game.

@Philly - I could see this being the KC game all over again. On paper we're better, but Philly is not an easy place to play and with division games anything can happen. I still say we beat them here.

@Lions - This is a tough game. CJ is just a freak and our safeties will struggle to provide support over the top against him. Our pass rush will have to bring their A game. Their D line is impressive as well so we'll need to pass protect. With that said, they're not a great all around team and we should beat them.

We're 2-1 right now. In the next month and change, assuming everything goes they way it's supposed to we're 6-2 with a pretty comfortable lead in the division. For whatever reason Romo turns it on in the month of November. Win the games we're supposed to win heading into November and then hope we continue our November success. The division is weak this year, if we don't win it it's because we didn't win not because other teams beat us.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also didn't have their starting RT, who was apparently outplaying Long. But, that doesn't change the fact that our DL and pass rush were great...

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cowboys don't win the NFCE, they either self destructed again or were decimated by injuries. Yes, they are laying well and should continue to play well.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also didn't have their starting RT, who was apparently outplaying Long. But, that doesn't change the fact that our DL and pass rush were great...

Ware knocking Long on his ass was fucking awesome!!! :laugh3:

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see the Cowboys put up those rushing numbers against a team other than the Rams.

Garrett still abandons running the ball way too easy.