• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys' Future > Your Team's Future

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to have to cut Romo. While I am sure they will want to trade him I am not sure anyone would be willing to pay $20 mil a year for him. I could be wrong.....Denver is going to be desperate.

EDIT: They are going to have to trade him. A cut would kill their cap. Romo is probably going to need to restructure in order for a trade to be worked out. His current deal has way too much guaranteed money.

His current deal has too much dead money in it. They would need to restructure a deal with him that extends the years that he would be willing to take and some other team would find acceptable.

That is going to be very difficult to do for a guy who can't stay on the field.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my very real and very objective point that the Cowboys' window is the next 3 years is countered by you with "Well Jerry Jones is just the bee's knees and will know what to do"?

If he was so good at managing the team, they would have won more than zero championships over the last 20 years.

No that is not actually what I said...not even close. But I did elude to the fact that there will be $47 million in freed up space once they lose just 2 players. I also eluded to the fact that the salary cap keeps rising.

It's a discussion...but it's not the forgone conclusion you presented it to be.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he can pay all three top money and keep the team competive. Zeke is going to be the best RB in the NFL and will expect to be paid like one.

Franchise Tag - QB ($20 Mil), WR ($14 mil), RB ($12 mil) that is a lot of coin for 3 players.

Do the math!! That is $46 million on 3 players they are currently spending on 2 players.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that is not actually what I said...not even close. But I did elude to the fact that there will be $47 million in freed up space once they lose just 2 players. I also eluded to the fact that the salary cap keeps rising.

There is no way Dallas can keep all their offensive players and put up even an average defense. That offense is just scary. They could set NFL records and make the original triplets look pedestrian in comparison. That is how good I think the Cowboys offense can be. The Salary cap is going to make if extremely difficult if not impossible to keep the band together.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
This about sums it up
4c9b9d8eff938f22beceec2598555ce7.jpg

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Dallas can keep all their offensive players and put up even an average defense. That offense is just scary. They could set NFL records and make the original triplets look pedestrian in comparison. That is how good I think the Cowboys offense can be. The Salary cap is going to make if extremely difficult if not impossible to keep the band together.

Thank you for your opinion, Eagles fan..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo will be a Cowboy next year. So you aren't freeing up that space.

What foregone conclusion did I make? That in 4 years, if Prescott continues to improve, he will cost a ton of money for the Cowboys? Yeah that's a foregone conclusion. It's how the NFL works.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for your opinion, Eagles fan..

Did I say anything that was not football related? I am stating an opinion and I think it is valid. Debunk it if you can. I even gave the offense serious props and you respond like a whiny little kid because you did not like what I said.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo will be a Cowboy next year. So you aren't freeing up that space.

What foregone conclusion did I make? That in 4 years, if Prescott continues to improve, he will cost a ton of money for the Cowboys? Yeah that's a foregone conclusion. It's how the NFL works.

Next year isn't 3 years from now Mr Goal Post Mover.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I would not rule out a holdout either. If he peforms at this level next year there is no way they are keeping him at his current deal.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say anything that was not football related? I am stating an opinion and I think it is valid. Debunk it if you can. I even gave the offense serious props and you respond like a whiny little kid because you did not like what I said.

I already did. They will have plenty of money freed up in 3 years and you changed the argument from what I said to them being able to keep EVERY SINGLE OFFENSIVE player. That is the kid shit. Moving the goal posts. You aren't interested in a discussion because you aren't even using the words I stated.

So thank you for your chickenshit biased opinion and move the fuck on.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant is already making 13 million so why you count his money as new money?

Cause you are a hating Eagles fan.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the NFL. It is kind of ridiculous to make all these bold proclamations about the upcoming season. For starters you don't know what the injury situation will be for the Cowboys as well as the rest of the NFC. You also don't know about the development of players not only for DAL but also for the rest of the division & conference. A couple of breaks could also make a difference in say where the playoffs are hosted which can make all of the difference in the world.

This is kind of what makes the NFL fun - things change a lot from year to year. Much different say than the NBA where we pretty much know who will be standing at the end of the season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year isn't 3 years from now Mr Goal Post Mover.

What? YOU were the one who brought up cap savings for next year, not me.

In 4 years Prescott is going to cost a LOT of money. Assuming he becomes an elite QB.

EVERY TEAM has to adjust their cap strategy when they need to resign a franchise QB. Pretending that the Cowboys are special is just ridiculous.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the NFL. It is kind of ridiculous to make all these bold proclamations about the upcoming season. For starters you don't know what the injury situation will be for the Cowboys as well as the rest of the NFC. You also don't know about the development of players not only for DAL but also for the rest of the division & conference. A couple of breaks could also make a difference in say where the playoffs are hosted which can make all of the difference in the world.

This is kind of what makes the NFL fun - things change a lot from year to year. Much different say than the NBA where we pretty much know who will be standing at the end of the season.

I'm bold like that.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? YOU were the one who brought up cap savings for next year, not me.

In 4 years Prescott is going to cost a LOT of money. Assuming he becomes an elite QB.

EVERY TEAM has to adjust their cap strategy when they need to resign a franchise QB. Pretending that the Cowboys are special is just ridiculous.

In 4 years they won't have Romo's huge hit.

Your point is moot.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. They will have Prescott's instead.

And they also won't have Witten's big hit. I am not saying they are going to be able to keep every single player but they will be able to keep the most important players.

Y'all can hate all you want with your crystal balls.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they also won't have Witten's big hit. I am not saying they are going to be able to keep every single player but they will be able to keep the most important players.

Y'all can hate all you want with your crystal balls.

What is really remarkable is I said that the Cowboys have a great window for the next 3 years and apparently you consider that hate because you think the Cowboys window is limitless.