• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins' value

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know damn well why you're not worth my time. You spend more time on childish insults than facts, then you attack something that is common knowledge with no evidence to back you up. Not that there are the consolidated statistics on that you so convincingly ask for. You know they don't exist as well as I do, or you wouldn't be asking for them.

then all you have is opinion

the facts are RG3 is in no more danger then say brady is

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know damn well why you're not worth my time. You spend more time on childish insults than facts, then you attack something that is common knowledge with no evidence to back you up. Not that there are the consolidated statistics on that you so convincingly ask for. You know they don't exist as well as I do, or you wouldn't be asking for them.

This is why everyone is jumping on you. Just because you believe it is so does not make it a fact or common knowledge. A bunch of us have offered specific examples to refute your OPINION and ask for the same from you yet you just spew the same tired bullshit , like "it's common knowledge".

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok JDM here is one for you

how many times was cam newton hurt on a designed run ? or kaep , or locker , or wilson , or Rg3 ?

now research that

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why everyone is jumping on you. Just because you believe it is so does not make it a fact or common knowledge. A bunch of us have offered specific examples to refute your OPINION and ask for the same from you yet you just spew the same tired bullshit , like "it's common knowledge".

The fact that a QB is far more likely to be hurt outside the pocket than inside is common knowledge. A handful of examples specifically selected to try to prove a point doesn't change that.

ok JDM here is one for you

how many times was cam newton hurt on a designed run ? or kaep , or locker , or wilson , or Rg3 ?

now research that

Google selection bias.

That's why I don't take you seriously.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that a QB is far more likely to be hurt outside the pocket than inside is common knowledge. A handful of examples specifically selected to try to prove a point doesn't change that.

Google selection bias.

The only thing that is common knowledge is that you are an idiot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Google selection bias.

google dodge the question . how about this . pat white just showed why the read option will stay in DC

i know your game JDM , you have no facts to back up your statements . 1st you dont know anything about running qbs , you dont know the pistol formation or the read option play
you cant research easy facts to find and you play it off as BS because your argument doesnt hold water

dont worry neither of the qbs i mentioned were hurt on designed runs which means what ? every qb injury was the result of a called pass play

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by the way exactly what "childish insult " did i give you again ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Google selection bias.

if it is "common knowledge " then why arent there any common facts or figures on it ? i bet there is

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
google dodge the question . how about this . pat white just showed why the read option will stay in DC

i know your game JDM , you have no facts to back up your statements . 1st you dont know anything about running qbs , you dont know the pistol formation or the read option play
you cant research easy facts to find and you play it off as BS because your argument doesnt hold water

dont worry neither of the qbs i mentioned were hurt on designed runs which means what ? every qb injury was the result of a called pass play

Dad, the guy is just a troll. He brings nothing to the table, unfortunately. He really knows little about football, just spews the standard cliches he heard on sports radio that day.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, the guy is just a troll. He brings nothing to the table, unfortunately. He really knows little about football, just spews the standard cliches he heard on sports radio that day.

i know he is , and he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quarterback injuries: Are mobile QBs like Colin Kaepernick more injury-prone than pocket passers? - Slate Magazine

no consolidated facts eh JDM ? Took me 3 minutes to find it read it and weep

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the article you cite claims that it is attacking what is viewed as common knowledge. So your claim that it is not are disputed by the article you yourself chose.

Now for the methodology:

They used four separate measures. Career averages are useless, because they don't address how much they are running in a given season, so lets ignore those. Of the remaining two, they tell different stories, although the small sample size makes it hard to draw too strong conclusions. Those who ran more than 10% of the time did miss more time, while when using 4 rushes per game as the cutoff they missed slightly less. The data somewhat contradicts itself there.

More importantly, starts missed is not all that useful. If a QBs injury happens to be later in the season, such as someone taking repeated beatings from designed run plays, they will miss less starts than a guy like Brady who happened to get hurt the first game of the season.

It also doesn't address injuries that don't force players to miss time or where those injuries occurred.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the article you cite claims that it is attacking what is viewed as common knowledge. So your claim that it is not are disputed by the article you yourself chose.

Now for the methodology:

They used four separate measures. Career averages are useless, because they don't address how much they are running in a given season, so lets ignore those. Of the remaining two, they tell different stories, although the small sample size makes it hard to draw too strong conclusions. Those who ran more than 10% of the time did miss more time, while when using 4 rushes per game as the cutoff they missed slightly less. The data somewhat contradicts itself there.

More importantly, starts missed is not all that useful. If a QBs injury happens to be later in the season, such as someone taking repeated beatings from designed run plays, they will miss less starts than a guy like Brady who happened to get hurt the first game of the season.

It also doesn't address injuries that don't force players to miss time or where those injuries occurred.

nice try . but no cigar

there is no statistical difference in either style of qb

RG3 ran 120 times last season of which 61 were designed runs , or about 8 times a game if you count designed runs its 4 times a game .

oh wait that is the base they used for the study

here are the facts JDM 1st you said mobile qbs are more prone to injury . i put out that RC stewart , young tarkenton and vick were running qbs and played for 10 years or more

you said that they were pass 1st . i submitted video proof debunking your claim .

then i asked for you to back up your claim several times with stats .

your response was there wasnt any and you would let my BS slide

then i asked you to tell me if cam newton , locker , wilson , kaep or Rg3 had gotten hurt by a designed run last season , your response was what ? nothing but gibberish and dodging . i supplied you the answer

then i asked you again for some stats . you came back with "you and i both know there isnt any "

i went and researched it and came back with the proof you said wasnt out there and now you want to debunk that because i again proved you wrong

we get it anyone following this conversation knows your only response is "common knowledge " which is a myth .

they also know you dont know anything about the mobile qbs i mentioned no one would ever call kordell stewart a "pass 1st " qb

they also know that i have come back with video evidence , stats and a link debunking your claim about pocket passers

they also know that RG3 wasnt hurt on any designed run

now JDM common knowledge wont fly on this board . us ex espn'ers will chew you up and spit you out if you cant bring facts to the table

the real reason you are here is to trollor give skins fans a hard time about Rg3

now i dont have any more time for your BS . i have proven our point many times over

i suggest you go back to the pats board and chat about patriot issues and leave Rg3 to the people who know what they are talking about

cadams

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice try . but no cigar

RG3 ran 120 times last season of which 61 were designed runs , or about 8 times a game if you count designed runs its 4 times a game .

here are the facts JDM 1st you said mobile qbs are more prone to injury . i put out that RC stewart , young tarkenton and vick were running qbs and played for 10 years or more

you said that they were pass 1st . i submitted video proof debunking your claim .

then i asked you to tell me if cam newton , locker , wilson , kaep or Rg3 had gotten hurt by a designed run last season , your response was what ? nothing but gibberish and dodging . i supplied you the answer

then i asked you again for some stats . you came back with "you and i both know there isnt any "

i went and researched it and came back with the proof you said wasnt out there and now you want to debunk that because i again proved you wrong

we get it anyone following this conversation knows your only response is "common knowledge " which is a myth .

they also know you dont know anything about the mobile qbs i mentioned no one would ever call kordell stewart a "pass 1st " qb

they also know that i have come back with video evidence , stats and a link debunking your claim about pocket passers

now JDM common knowledge wont fly on this board . us ex espn'ers will chew you up and spit you out if you cant bring facts to the table

the real reason you are here is to trollor give skins fans a hard time about Rg3

now i dont have any more time for your BS . i have proven our point many times over

i suggest you go back to the pats board and chat about patriot issues and leave Rg3 to the people who know what they are talking about
DAMMMMNNN!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice try . but no cigar

Ouch. Unfortunately, this won't shut him up as he is not interested/capable of having an intelligent debate. He just throws crap out there to stir the pot and then can't back it up.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things not to do in life: Piss off dad. Feel kinda bad for JDM:rip:

gtn130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like people ITT are way off base on the value of Cousins.

As far as anyone knows, he generated virtually zero serious interest last off season. Of course, we aren't privy to every private conversation that takes place league-wide, but if someone offered a single 1st rounder for Cousins, he wouldn't be in a 'Skins uniform.

No chance any competent GM would pass on that much equity (turning a 4th rounder into a 1st rounder in exchange for a backup) in order to win more games (than with Rex) this season in the scenario that RG3 can't go. That's absurdly short-sighted to operate that way, ergo no one offered anything substantial for Cousins.

More importantly, 3/32 projected starting QBs this year were 4th round or later draft picks. Brady, Romo and Flynn. The odds are forever not in Cousins' favor, which is why I'm confused as to why people assume Cousins is starting-caliber good. We view Cousins through the prism of 48 throws in his NFL career. How anyone can make a definitive assessment either way is truly baffling.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. But it is a step in the right direction. There are several other steps to take as well. But designed runs by the QB are dangerous decisions and when you have a guy as good at throwing the ball as griffin, let him decide when the defense is giving him the run. Your QB isn't the guy you force the run down people's throats with. Even if it marginally opens the passing game, it's not worth it.

You continue to miss the point. In the pocket, planned run, scramble, etc. It doesn't matter. If RG3 does not learn to avoid the big hit, run out of bounds, slide, etc - his career will be shortened considerably. This falls on him - not the coach. You continually fail to see this point & in the process absolve RG3 of all blame. I don't see planned runs as an issue as long as they don't go overboard (& I have no doubt that they will cut down on this considerably).

You appear to be more interested in assigning blame to the Shanahans rather than addressing the issue. Like I stated before - you really don't understand the overall situation since you are not a Redskins fan - just a troll trying to stir the pot.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like people ITT are way off base on the value of Cousins.

As far as anyone knows, he generated virtually zero serious interest last off season. Of course, we aren't privy to every private conversation that takes place league-wide, but if someone offered a single 1st rounder for Cousins, he wouldn't be in a 'Skins uniform.

No chance any competent GM would pass on that much equity (turning a 4th rounder into a 1st rounder in exchange for a backup) in order to win more games (than with Rex) this season in the scenario that RG3 can't go. That's absurdly short-sighted to operate that way, ergo no one offered anything substantial for Cousins.

More importantly, 3/32 projected starting QBs this year were 4th round or later draft picks. Brady, Romo and Flynn. The odds are forever not in Cousins' favor, which is why I'm confused as to why people assume Cousins is starting-caliber good. We view Cousins through the prism of 48 throws in his NFL career. How anyone can make a definitive assessment either way is truly baffling.

That is one way of looking at it. However - how about the fact that there don't appear to be any decent QBs (at least not yet) from the most recent draft. How about all of the failed or mediocre high round picks from the recent past (Sanchez, Ponder, Gabbert, etc). You simply mentioned 3 QBs - there is a lot more garbage around the league who certainly don't look better than Cousins right now.

I could think of at least 8 teams that would probably improve if Cousins were their QB right now (assuming that ankle injury is not serious). Did anyone offer a 1st or 2nd for him during the offseason? Possibly not. Still does not mean that someone could offer a fairly high pick for him in the near future. Also - it does not matter whether he will actually be good in the future - it is simply a matter if even a handful of GMs believe that he MIGHT be good. I am pretty confident that these people exist right now.