• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins' value

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afraid I have to agree with you.

Have a hard time buying this when RG3's major injury occurred when he was in the pocket & scrambled out & was hurt by Ngata. I have no problem with reducing the amt of planned runs but certainly not eliminating them.

That is why I posted the questions above to JDM. Certainly nobody should believe that the entire solution rests on making RG3 a pocket passer only since - as I stated before - lots of QBs have been hurt when playing in this mode - including RG3.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is just not a true pocket passer in the sense of the word, or words. He will always use his speed to his advantage. That is what he is... a good passing QB who sometimes runs. Moving forward now I believe RG3 will look to throw even more than last year. It should be obvious to everyone that RG3 doesn't want to have to rehab again. This is why he will change as a QB. For us Redskin fans we just have to hope that his pocket passing looked as good as it did last year.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it a step further. Name me one QB that hasn't been hurt while in the pocket. The fact is that QBs get hurt, inside the pocket or out. They take way too many blind side hits where they are unprotected while in the pocket. And if they escape the pocket, they are on their own as their blockers usually have no idea where they are. Moreover, as they are escaping, they are usually looking down field for an open receiver and not on the LB or DE that is about to level them.

However, on designed runs, both the QB and his blockers know where he is going, who is across the line and how to negate them. It is much less risky than being a sitting duck in a collapsing car crash.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin is just not a true pocket passer in the sense of the word, or words. He will always use his speed to his advantage. That is what he is... a good passing QB who sometimes runs. Moving forward now I believe RG3 will look to throw even more than last year. It should be obvious to everyone that RG3 doesn't want to have to rehab again. This is why he will change as a QB. For us Redskin fans we just have to hope that his pocket passing looked as good as it did last year.

I do agree that he will evolve as a QB, but I still think we run him 4-8 times a game. The difference is that RG3 will be much more conscious of his safety and will use the side line and the slide to protect himself.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it a step further. Name me one QB that hasn't been hurt while in the pocket. The fact is that QBs get hurt, inside the pocket or out. They take way too many blind side hits where they are unprotected while in the pocket. And if they escape the pocket, they are on their own as their blockers usually have no idea where they are. Moreover, as they are escaping, they are usually looking down field for an open receiver and not on the LB or DE that is about to level them.

However, on designed runs, both the QB and his blockers know where he is going, who is across the line and how to negate them. It is much less risky than being a sitting duck in a collapsing car crash.
Nah nah,,QB's have a better chance being hurt while in the pocket that I agree. This is why his injury worries me some. He will be more apt to hang in pocket as the shit breaks down to show the world that he isnt a run first QB. One effin DE roll up his leg we won't have to worry because KC will never look to run.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did John Gruden just say "he would give up a #1 for Cousins" on national TV? Where is that dumbass JDM when you need him...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make sure that I understand certain things as it relates to your opinion. Let's say the Redskins take your advice - do you believe that this would address most/all of the issue & protect RG3 from injury for the most part? How do you factor in his willingness to change - run out of bounds, slide more often, avoid confronting tacklers, etc?

I am just trying to determine if you are looking at this issue from all sides. The idea that just making him a pocket passer will protect him for the most part is extremely naive IMO. Tons of pocket passers get injured all of the time. Will be interested in seeing your reply.

Absolutely not. But it is a step in the right direction. There are several other steps to take as well. But designed runs by the QB are dangerous decisions and when you have a guy as good at throwing the ball as griffin, let him decide when the defense is giving him the run. Your QB isn't the guy you force the run down people's throats with. Even if it marginally opens the passing game, it's not worth it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did John Gruden just say "he would give up a #1 for Cousins" on national TV? Where is that dumbass JDM when you need him...

Jon Gruden never built a team. I'm not sure how seriously you take a guy's GM chops when he took over a team ready built for a Super Bowl and never won a playoff game after his first season with them.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden never built a team. I'm not sure how seriously you take a guy's GM chops when he took over a team ready built for a Super Bowl and never won a playoff game after his first season with them.

Pretty sure John Gruden has more "football experience" than you do. Just sayin'.

Didn't mean to call you a "dumbass"...sorry

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure John Gruden has more "football experience" than you do. Just sayin'.

Didn't mean to call you a "dumbass"...sorry

He hasn't shown any expertise in building a team, so his word means the same to me as any other commentator. If it were an Ozzie Newsome, his word carries some weight. As just one of many ex-NFL guys with average success, it means the same as anyone else's. You'll find people with opinions all over the place.

I'm not a kid. You'd have to be a lot worse than that to offend me.:suds:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic? What do you think the last few posts are about?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM is interested in facts . gruden built the superbowl raiders

i am still waiting for him to produce a stat on pocket passers

but we all know his game :lame:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know damn well why you're not worth my time. You spend more time on childish insults than facts, then you attack something that is common knowledge with no evidence to back you up. Not that there are the consolidated statistics on that you so convincingly ask for. You know they don't exist as well as I do, or you wouldn't be asking for them.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I will continue to let your bullshit slide so as to not derail the legitimate conversation I am having with the portion of your fan base that is worth taking seriously.

Enjoy :suds: