• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins to Browns for 1st rd pick (26th)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cleveland fans what you guys dont know is that we are all to familiar with how guys come off of an acl as a qb .

counting on hoyer is a reach for this upcoming season

that being said it would be stupid for the browns to trade a 1st rounder away for KC . maybe a 2nd , but a 1st i am not so sure about unless you are looking at economics

i believe KC will stay with us

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Cle is interested by they wont give up a 1st rounder. skinsdad if Cle offers there 2nd or 3rd Cousins is gone. Cle has two 3rd round picks(71 and 83). There is no excuse for Cle not to get Cousins b/c I believe the SKins will take a 3rd round pick in this draft

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all wishful thinking, but CLE is drafting their next QB. Not saying I agree with it, but if they gave up a 1st or 2nd for Cousins, their fan base would revolt. People like the shinny new thing over the used, functional thing. Its just human nature.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all wishful thinking, but CLE is drafting their next QB. Not saying I agree with it, but if they gave up a 1st or 2nd for Cousins, their fan base would revolt. People like the shinny new thing over the used, functional thing. Its just human nature.

The only way i could see it working is if we gave up Cousins and next years first, and we got the 26 and their 3rd rounder next year.

Player for pick wont happen. Player and a pick for the pick, probably wont hapen either. BUt its about the only way i could see it even possibly happening.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way i could see it working is if we gave up Cousins and next years first, and we got the 26 and their 3rd rounder next year.

Player for pick wont happen. Player and a pick for the pick, probably wont hapen either. BUt its about the only way i could see it even possibly happening.

then we should simply not do it . keep the draft pick because we will have buyers remorse when the next draft comes and that is the " deepest in years "

and under no circumstances should we be giving up next years 1st and KC for this years 1st and a 3rd . might as well simply trade KC for the 3rd

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we should simply not do it . keep the draft pick because we will have buyers remorse when the next draft comes and that is the " deepest in years "

and under no circumstances should we be giving up next years 1st and KC for this years 1st and a 3rd . might as well simply trade KC for the 3rd

The 26 would allow them to go after that OT that every one is drooling over. And no way do I trade Cousins for next years third straight up.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Ritz, a 1st, 2nd, or even low 3rd would be much more valuable to me than a backup, I don't care what position it is. KC has given no indication that he is starter material, and he has some chances to shine.

That being said, I would be shocked and thrilled to have either the Cleveland's 26 or early 2nd.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Ritz, a 1st, 2nd, or even low 3rd would be much more valuable to me than a backup, I don't care what position it is. KC has given no indication that he is starter material, and he has some chances to shine.

That being said, I would be shocked and thrilled to have either the Cleveland's 26 or early 2nd.

He did shine his 1st season if your going off last years final 3 games your making a huge mistake I don't care if Drew Brees,Tom Brady or Peyton Manning was in the lineup they would have failed as well the team had already crashed and was ablaze

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did shine his 1st season if your going off last years final 3 games your making a huge mistake I don't care if Drew Brees,Tom Brady or Peyton Manning was in the lineup they would have failed as well the team had already crashed and was ablaze

Shine?? He had what.... Two really nice games the 1st season?? Don't get confused with the emotional win vs Baltimore. He didn't go wire to wire with this team, out the team on his back like Griffin did, and took us there. He did play really well for a couple games but he stunk last year, simple as that. No excuses.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your going off the last 3 games for Cousins your making a huge mistake it wouldn't of mattered if Drew Brees,Tom Brady or Peyton Manning was back there they would have failed as well the team had crashed and was up in flames.

what else is there to go off of? Those three games were to showcase him, it failed

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what else is there to go off of? Those three games were to showcase him, it failed

Like I said any QB in that situation would have failed we had players hurt the team was blazing and everyone was just waiting to get the season over with.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that........and trust me im not trying to troll.......

But they sat rg3 with the intentions of showcasing cousins to try and get something big for him in a trade, did they not?

players hurt, and team giving up or not, the gameplan was to make kirk look awesome.......plain and simple.......

The plays were designed to make him look good, not the team, and not to win.....the season was over..........

and it didnt work.......

when the gameplan is strictly to showcase someone for 3 weeks, and it backfires, thats a big red flag for me....

I think he has value, but for now its hype.....hype with NOTHING to show for it, Kevin kolb and matt flynn had hype too....with not much to back it up

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that........and trust me im not trying to troll.......

But they sat rg3 with the intentions of showcasing cousins to try and get something big for him in a trade, did they not?

players hurt, and team giving up or not, the gameplan was to make kirk look awesome.......plain and simple.......

The plays were designed to make him look good, not the team, and not to win.....the season was over..........

and it didnt work.......

when the gameplan is strictly to showcase someone for 3 weeks, and it backfires, thats a big red flag for me....

I think he has value, but for now its hype.....hype with NOTHING to show for it, Kevin kolb and matt flynn had hype too....with not much to back it up

Unfortunately I agree. He didn't look great in those 3 games. He made both mental and physical mistakes, which all young QBs do. Who he played with should make no difference. You think he's going to do better in CLE with their talent? I"m not bashing him, but he didn't lite it up. So to assume that he would in an environment like CLE is a big leap.

The reality is CLE is drafting their QB this year. The irony is there is no more quarantee that the QB they draft will be any better, but what GM would take the risk of passing on a 1st round QB for Cousins? Imagine if Cousins failed, that GM would be hung out to dry, and rightly so.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I agree. He didn't look great in those 3 games. He made both mental and physical mistakes, which all young QBs do. Who he played with should make no difference. You think he's going to do better in CLE with their talent? I"m not bashing him, but he didn't lite it up. So to assume that he would in an environment like CLE is a big leap.

The reality is CLE is drafting their QB this year. The irony is there is no more quarantee that the QB they draft will be any better, but what GM would take the risk of passing on a 1st round QB for Cousins? Imagine if Cousins failed, that GM would be hung out to dry, and rightly so.

yes definitely compared to last years Redskins final 3 games compared to Clevelands this year they Have Josh Gordon,Jordan Cameron,Ben Tate,Greg Little and maybe even Sammy Watkins at number 4 thats one hell of a offense

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but im still trying to grasp what makes you think hes good

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes definitely compared to last years Redskins final 3 games compared to Clevelands this year they Have Josh Gordon,Jordan Cameron,Ben Tate,Greg Little and maybe even Sammy Watkins at number 4 thats one hell of a offense

It wasn't our RBs or WR corp that made Cousins misread defenses and force throws....It was inexperience and maybe lack of talent. There have been way too many backup QBs that were traded for and failed over the last few years that will make all teams gun shy on backups. Doesn't mean he doesn't have trade value, just not a 1st or 2nd.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing that would make sense here is shanahan loves cousins.......and thinks hes worth it.........

a'la when the saints were gonna offer the cowboys a round 1 pick for romo right before they signed brees when a few cowboys personnel switched ship to the saints...........and everyone woulda gone wtf.....but it woulda been a good move.....

but rare exception.....

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't our RBs or WR corp that made Cousins misread defenses and force throws....It was inexperience and maybe lack of talent. There have been way too many backup QBs that were traded for and failed over the last few years that will make all teams gun shy on backups. Doesn't mean he doesn't have trade value, just not a 1st or 2nd.

The only wideout Cousins had to throw to was Garcon and he was getting doubled and triple teamed because Hankerson was done with his knee Reed was out with Concussion problems so teams just stacked the box and covered Garcon

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only wideout Cousins had to throw to was Garcon and he was getting doubled and triple teamed because Hankerson was done with his knee Reed was out with Concussion problems so teams just stacked the box and covered Garcon

So the answer was to force throws?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

look his career numbers arent great . that to me rules out a 1st rounder . and if i am cleveland , and my OC comes to me with that foolishness i would banish him to the back of the room . a 2nd perhaps but a 1st rounder . to me KC is worth a 3rd at most