• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins seeking $30M annually over 3-4 years

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The Redskins didn't trade for Smith because they experienced a burst of illumination and suddenly value a "pro's pro." They made the trade to get out of the financial mess they made by not properly valuing Kirk Cousins. It's highly doubtful they will value Smith, or that this front office can put enough good pieces around him. Everyone wants their Dak or Deshaun, a kid with electric voltage cables instead of limbs. Everyone wants to electrocute the opponent, instead of just beat them.

The Redskins will be no different; if anything, they are more susceptible than most to seeking greener grass. It won't be long before they start lusting after another quarterback, no matter how good their new one is."

remember this quote SDFC because it will come back to haunt you .

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has to take less money if wants to play with the vikes my prediction vikes will offer 24 -26 mill and tell kirk camp take it or die with the jets. vikes have the leavage because there the only legit play off team thats wants him

:nono: I doubt 24-25 will even get him to set down at the table. He might be willing to take $26 mill on a 3 year, 100% guarantee at signing kinda deal. But I kinda doubt that too..

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you buy the blogger tyler hagg and his unresearched work you go right on ahead

Of course, the writer is just speculating. But if the NYJ back the truck up with some kind of crazy guaranteed contract with ridiculous money (as they have publicly claimed they would), it might be hard for Cousins to say no.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: I doubt 24-25 will even get him to set down at the table. He might be willing to take $26 mill on a 3 year, 100% guarantee at signing kinda deal. But I kinda doubt that too..

Why do you doubt it?? Because he wouldnt deal with Dan and Bruce??

Here is what I expect to happen..

Kirk is going to get paid very well. But at the end of the day it wont be this soul crushing franchise destroying deal many have been predicting.

When the numbers come out the question will be asked, could the Redskins have afforded that deal? The answer will probably be yes. Some will use this as proof positive Kirk simply didnt want to be in DC and good riddance to him. Others will point out that Washington never even made him that offer.

And at the end of the day Bruce will either look smart for moving away from Kirk if the Skins do well, or like the buffoon IM pretty sure he is if Cousins does well and the Redskins continue to spin their wheels.

All this to say that just because Kirk wouldnt negotiate with Bruce, doesnt mean he wont with other teams.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you doubt it?? Because he wouldnt deal with Dan and Bruce??

Here is what I expect to happen..

Kirk is going to get paid very well. But at the end of the day it wont be this soul crushing franchise destroying deal many have been predicting.

When the numbers come out the question will be asked, could the Redskins have afforded that deal? The answer will probably be yes. Some will use this as proof positive Kirk simply didnt want to be in DC and good riddance to him. Others will point out that Washington never even made him that offer.

And at the end of the day Bruce will either look smart for moving away from Kirk if the Skins do well, or like the buffoon IM pretty sure he is if Cousins does well and the Redskins continue to spin their wheels.

All this to say that just because Kirk wouldnt negotiate with Bruce, doesnt mean he wont with other teams.

Ok. So you think Kirk would/will take less than Garoppolo just got? Basically $27 mill apyear??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So you think Kirk would/will take less than Garoppolo just got? Basically $27 mill apyear??

Nope.... but I do think $26M gets him to the table to talk.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.... but I do think $26M gets him to the table to talk.

Ok. Just making sure.

I don’t disagree that it might not be a soul crushing franchise defeating contract...but

Do you sign him on a 3 year, 30 mill APY, 90 mill fully guaranteed contract if you are Redskins brass?? And possibly dealing with this bullshit again in 3 years?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Just making sure.

I don’t disagree that it might not be a soul crushing franchise defeating contract...but

Do you sign him on a 3 year, 30 mill APY, 90 mill fully guaranteed contract if you are Redskins brass?? And possibly dealing with this bullshit again in 3 years?

Again Nope. I sign him to a 5 year deal with the last year voidable by either side but in the end also realize that the main reason we are at an impasse just might be mostly my doing.

Because Bruce and Dan failed in act in a rational manor when they had the chance, now they have to react and are kind of at the mercy of others.

Now I will also say this, I expect Bruce to make moves to make this either work or look good. By that, I expect WR to be a major focus, as well as RB. As such I dont think we will make any real moves to improve the defense.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Nope. I sign him to a 5 year deal with the last year voidable by either side but in the end also realize that the main reason we are at an impasse just might be mostly my doing.

Because Bruce and Dan failed in act in a rational manor when they had the chance, now they have to react and are kind of at the mercy of others.

Now I will also say this, I expect Bruce to make moves to make this either work or look good. By that, I expect WR to be a major focus, as well as RB. As such I dont think we will make any real moves to improve the defense.
I agree with your last sentence I can see them boosting the offense and leaving the defense dry

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your last sentence I can see them boosting the offense and leaving the defense dry

And that would be awesome if they had a competent person making the decisions.

They dont.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Choices are getting slim if true

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Just making sure.

Decent analogy. Also reminds me that in cases such as that it is best for both the dumper & dumpee to not spend forever moping & thinking about their ex. Same thing here - what is done is done - time to move on. We don't know how the latest moves will turn out for the Skins or Cousins (& frankly I don't really care about him any longer).

We shall see & (in spite of the confident stands of some) none of us truly know how this will unfold. Let's hope for the best.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins makes the Vikings instant super bowl contenders if not favorites.

Alex Smith is a commitment to being competitive without any superbowl aspirations.

thats the bottom line.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you buy the blogger tyler hagg and his unresearched work you go right on ahead

The article's author is out to lunch. It's tough to take his article seriously when he says things like:

"...the Redskins’ front office made a number of respectable offers to Cousins and company, and all were spurned by the fifth year signal caller and his agent."

and

"In 2017, Kirk Cousins and Mike McCartney were uninterested in negotiating long-term with Washington and left $54 million guaranteed on the table to get to free agency this offseason."

That article conveniently leaves out a lot of pertinent facts b/c they shoot holes in its premise. Most every football writer agreed that the Skins last offer was a joke of an offer, and that tells you plenty about what the author thinks were "respectable offers" the team made.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins makes the Vikings instant super bowl contenders if not favorites.

Alex Smith is a commitment to being competitive without any superbowl aspirations.

thats the bottom line.

No direct dig at Kirk, but from an overall team perspective, essentially you're saying that we are where we were with Kirk. (competitive without any Superbowl aspirations)