• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins seeking $30M annually over 3-4 years

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals, Jets, Broncos, and Vikings are the last four in the race for Cousins.

~Shefter

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweet from Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
The final four teams expected to be vying for free-agent quarterback Kirk Cousins are the Broncos, Cardinals, Jets and Vikings, per league sources.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Browns now have McCloughan and if he has any say in it. They won’t give cousins the money. We know this

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So kyle shannahan scott Mac and redskins said no to Cap Killer Kirk that's some red flags

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. Yes, I was referring more to wins. And I truly believe we will win just as many games with Smith all while building the team up for a few years down the road.

Not exactly true. Everything is judged by wins when it comes to the success of a deal. If we sav3d money with Smith but still used the entire cap with an equal or lesser amount of wins then it wasn’t successful.

Also, what constitutes playing just as well? Which metric will we use? I guarantee he will throw fewer interceptions than KC, but I also guarantee he doesn’t get the TDs either.

Good points gentlemen, so to be absolutely fair we go back to review what Kirk's win total was in each of his seasons here. That said they were:

1. First year.......9-7

2. Second year...8-7-1

3. Third year......7-9

So using the metric that the 3 of us agree to, the 2018 season with Alex Smith should be 9-7 or better to make this trade success. Equaling or improving upon 8-7-1 in his second year and finally, matching or exceeding 7-9 in his third.

That's 24 wins in 3 years, averaging 8 per, there's your average metric

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say if Cousins plays better than Smith then we got the short stick of the deal. Different team means different situation. Better line, better wr's, better RB's, better scheme... and vice-versa for Smith in his own regard. You just can't judge in all fairness by stats alone. If Smith takes this team to just 7 wins then we lost nothing. If KC takes the Vikes to the NFC championship game only then they gained nothing. However, I understand the stats and the rankings and such and however unfair they probably are. I still believe it would behoove him to sign with Cleveland. That teams about to become a team to be reckoned with.

All other factors being equal, yes. If AS wins ten games with 22different OL combinations, the ranked defense, and the 30th ranked run game, then yes, 7 wins is a wash.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points gentlemen, so to be absolutely fair we go back to review what Kirk's win total was in each of his seasons here. That said they were:

1. First year.......9-7

2. Second year...8-7-1

3. Third year......7-9

So using the metric that the 3 of us agree to, the 2018 season with Alex Smith should be 9-7 or better to make this trade success. Equaling or improving upon 8-7-1 in his second year and finally, matching or exceeding 7-9 in his third.

That's 24 wins in 3 years, averaging 8 per, there's your average metric

Except Alex Smith isn’t a first year starter and we aren’t rebuilding.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not exactly true. If Smith plays just as well as KC did over the last couple of years, then you are still getting more bang for your buck.
are we trying to win super bowls ? or are we just wanting to tread water at a better cost ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. Yes, I was referring more to wins. And I truly believe we will win just as many games with Smith all while building the team up for a few years down the road.
so the standard now is ,"win just as many games " not winning titles or being better ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins: aka the Divider aka the Cap killer aka king Kirk aka Double dipper aka Mr Mcgreedy ..
not long ago eveyone believed a false story about him turning down 95 mil guaranteed , how about we wait and see

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we trying to win super bowls ? or are we just wanting to tread water at a better cost ?

Trying to win SBs of course. But I have no preconceived idea that Smith will get the team we currently have to a NFCCG, much less a Super Bowl. He is someone to bridge to the next guy as the team is continued to be built. JMO.

Now...if we draft superbly the next couple years and strike gold on some FA signings...I think we could sniff the divisional, maybe even championship game if we catch lightning in a bottle in a couple years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to win SBs of course. But I have no preconceived idea that Smith will get the team we currently have to a NFCCG, much less a Super Bowl. He is someone to bridge to the next guy as the team is continued to be built. JMO.

Now...if we draft superbly the next couple years and strike gold on some FA signings...I think we could sniff the divisional, maybe even championship game if we catch lightning in a bottle in a couple years.
so we paid 71 mil for a bridge ? .

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we paid 71 mil for a bridge ? .

Yes. A 3-4 year “bridge”.

Someone who will keep this team very competitive for the next 3-4 years. Maybe even make a good run or two in the playoffs. Who knows maybe more if the stars align?

The FO will draft a QB (or two) the next several years and develop them properly to take over after Smith leaves. I mean the guy is almost 34, you expect him to be around a decade or something??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Alex Smith isn’t a first year starter and we aren’t rebuilding.

There are different ways to look at that, Smith is a first year starter here just as Kurt (yeah I know-Bad Sty) will be a first time starter in...

In as much as rebuilding is concerned, that too depends on how one views it. There's a downward pattern to 9-7, 8-7-1 and 7-9, some might see that as the third year of a rebuild with the same QB, while others see little to no rebuild at all.

OK, let's say that Smith comes in and doesn't do as well as Kirk did, and we get similar or worse results, is that really a set-back or typical of this franchise that last appeared in and won a SB in 1991 and none since Snyder owned the team?

"...He who raises expectations from others is more frequently disappointed, than the man who tempers them."___Sty

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9-7, 8-7-1 and 7-9 is not building either, in fact it's just the opposite. We have to remember that we're pulling for the team and that team is being constantly built and rebuilt every two to three years by these guys.

Maybe we should go from a 5 year rebuild to a 10 year one in order to have a half assed chance in 5.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask, considering how well this team actually performed in the past 3 years, didn't that make Kirk a bridge as well?

There was no building, we've had consistently, a few pieces here and there since 1999. There's no evidence that this organization has the mindset or professional will to take those pieces and add better ones leading towards a championship. We are an historical 8-8 type team, give or take a win or two, until something drastically changes, we'll remain that and no more.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There going to be op outs wait till March 14
of course there is but 71 mil is guaranteed hence i used that number . brush up on contracts for the love of god

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are different ways to look at that, Smith is a first year starter here just as Kurt (yeah I know-Bad Sty) will be a first time starter in...

In as much as rebuilding is concerned, that too depends on how one views it. There's a downward pattern to 9-7, 8-7-1 and 7-9, some might see that as the third year of a rebuild with the same QB, while others see little to no rebuild at all.

OK, let's say that Smith comes in and doesn't do as well as Kirk did, and we get similar or worse results, is that really a set-back or typical of this franchise that last appeared in and won a SB in 1991 and none since Snyder owned the team?

"...He who raises expectations from others is more frequently disappointed, than the man who tempers them."___Sty

what are we in the business for , winning championships or lowering expectations ?