• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Couple of start/sits

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing comprehensive; just a few less-than-obvious thoughts.

Sit
Brady - There's simply nobody left, and unlike Peyton Manning, Brady doesn't turn ordinary receivers into great ones. (Also unlike Peyton Manning he wins big games, but that's a completely different topic.) No Gronk, no Amendola, no Vereen, maybe no Dobson... so Thompkins, Edelman and Sudfeld... I ain't liking it. He had a sub-par fantasy day in Week 1 despite 52 freaking attempts. And now no Amendola. There are waiver-wire options that will be better until he gets a couple of guys back.
Morris - He had only six carries in the last three quarters last week, and on the road in Green Bay the Redskins are likely to be staring down the same barrel.

Start
DMC - The threat of Pryor scrambling will soften things enough, and two relatively inept Os will mean plenty of rushing
Gio Bernard - BJGE isn't a valid threat; expect Bernard's touches to jump significantly as both rusher and receiver, making him a good flex option

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned earlier that I was worried about Brady , but I do I have a good matchup with Eli vs the Broncos to fall on. I still think Brady finds a way to put up 250 and 2. As far as Morris, I foresee Helu in the game plenty because of passing situations- meaning I think they will be playing from behind. GB is my eliminator pick this week. I do worry about the cross country travel, but I think GB still blows them out.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Vereen out, I'll be flip flopping between Gio and Bradshaw all week. Go figure, "with Vereen out...", didn't think he'd be so important to my team.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WW - what is getting your motor revving about Gio after such little use in week 1?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernard's runs were 7, 6, 7, 2 and he had a 14-yard run called back and an additional 8-yard reception called back, or he'd have had 36 yards on 5 carries and 16 yards on 2 catches. BJGE had a couple of okay runs mixed in with a bunch of terrible runs - and he was particularly weak in the second half when they needed him most. Bernard was obviously the more dangerous player if you watched the game, but BJGE is a good guy who works hard, executes reasonably well and is the vet who did a lot for them last year. So he gets some respect for that in the offensive scheme, especially Week 1 as compared to a rookie, but that will change sooner or later in favor of the better player. I expect there will be a lot more rushing opportunities this week against a weak Pittsburgh offense, it will look more like a 50/50 rushing split if not flat-out favoring Bernard, and he'll have a handful of receptions, and will get a nice gain in there somewhere.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 spots to fill...
RB and RB/WR

Options: Ridley, DeAngelo Williams, Miles Austin, Julian Edelman or Montee Ball.

It is a PPR league. Ridley is probably going to be my RB option with Vereen out. Thoughts?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 spots to fill...
RB and RB/WR

Options: Ridley, DeAngelo Williams, Miles Austin, Julian Edelman or Montee Ball.

It is a PPR league. Ridley is probably going to be my RB option with Vereen out. Thoughts?

Ridley & Williams would be my bet... Both are going to carry full workloads this week. Miles Austin would be the only person I would dabble with since Dez Bryant might see a reduced workload due to injury. But Williams is the safer play.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley & Williams would be my bet... Both are going to carry full workloads this week. Miles Austin would be the only person I would dabble with since Dez Bryant might see a reduced workload due to injury. But Williams is the safer play.

Yeah that's actually what I have it set to for right now... I'm toying with the idea of Austin or Edelman since it's a PPR league and they could both receive heavy workloads (Bryant limited and Amendola possibly out)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't trust Ball yet, and I'd hate to live or die based on two Patriots in such a questionable week.

I see four options: Ridley/DWill, Ridley/Miles, DWill/Edelman, DWill/Miles

Ridley's a tough call - a lot of Ridley's value comes from the effectiveness of the passing game, Ridley's in Belichick's doghouse, he doesn't get many receptions, and let's not forget how unreliable Belichick can be regarding fantasy RBs. On the other hand, he doesn't have that many options. Bolden? Blount? That seems crazy when Ridley is healthy and available, and it might be a lower-scoring ball-control game in NE. I don't think Ridley will set the world on fire, but he's a reasonable option.

DWill is a perfectly good and safer alternative, and will get some catches.

Miles looks like a boom-or-bust option in KC, although if Dez is limited he'd be a good start.

Edelman will get lots of looks, but he'll also get attention from the Jets defense. Don't expect a repeat.

I'd probably go with DWill and Edelman, although I'd be weighing DWill/Miles up to the last second and trying to suss Dez's status as much as possible before tomorrow's kickoff.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple others... Cecil Shorts or Gio Bernard?

And Lamar Miller or Amad Bradshaw?

Shorts over Bernard

Cecil Shorts thrives when Henne (If he starts) is behind the helm. And he is facing a really weak defense this week. Bernard faces a very tough opponent in Pitt. But his value kinda revolves around whether Pitt's offense works or not. Because the more they fail, the more time he sees the field (w/ BGE). He has good/safer PPR value.

and Miller over Bradshaw...

This one is kind of a toss up. I'm not a fan of either at the moment but I still think Miller is going to be the better choice. Bradshaw has a tough opponent (MIA) that just limited T-Rich to 47 yards. Plus, he is in a timeshare with Ballard. Double negative! Miller has an easier defense (IND) which just allowed the f'n RAIDERS to rack up 170+ yards on the ground. It's a "safer" play with Miller.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has an easier defense (IND) which just allowed the f'n RAIDERS to rack up 170+ yards on the ground. It's a "safer" play with Miller.

yeah, because things never change from one week to the next in the NFL... :noidea:

you can't call out a defense for giving up 100 rushing yards to an athletic QB with barely any game tape on him... I agree the Fins are a better defense in general, but that's not what it's about, it's about who will score points and I say the Colts will score more points, leaving Bradshaw a better choice... plus, you can't mention Vic Ballard's existence and not mention Daniel Thomas'.

Henne or not, I'm still anti-Jags... at least until Blackmon comes back to take pressure off Cecil.

DeAngelo would be locked in for me against my atrocious Bills run defense. Ridley and Austin would be a toss up. Ridley's Thursday game and Dez' injury makes Austin the "probable" play, but maybe the Chiefs concentrate on Witten and Austin more in the wake of Dez' foot? Maybe Ridley is scared to death of losing his job and runs wild on TNF? Edelman would be a distant third and Ball an even further 4th.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gio has the same ceiling and a higher floor than Shorts, and Bradshaw's value is real whereas Miller's isn't much more than speculation. Miller only has one game with double-digit fantasy points, and even with Reggie gone he still only got ten carries last week.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with you WW on Miller.

That Thomas/Miller workload split seems criminal, but Miller didnt do anything vs CLE to expect it to change much in week 2. Albeit Thomas didnt do anything to change the situation either. One of them needs to get the fumbles or miss time before either would crack my starting lineup. Seems like such a waste after Miller's decent preseason