• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Couldn’t Hackett

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head Coach will report to Penner and Ownership group. Penner will lead a search committee with George. Condoleezza Rice will be on search committee.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Walton-Penner may be rich but so are a lot of owners. Doesn’t mean they want to spend the money. Also, Sean Payton will have options. He could easily take a little less for better opportunity than this shitshow.

2) I am not convinced Walton-Penner isn’t going to be Al Davis, Snyder, Jerry Jones, Irsay. An owner that doesn’t know what they are doing but want to be the final answer on everything. Reports are they pushed the Wilson contract. Reports are they want HC to report directly to them. They have stated they are leading the HC search. Not good signs in my opinion.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Walton-Penner may be rich but so are a lot of owners. Doesn’t mean they want to spend the money. Also, Sean Payton will have options. He could easily take a little less for better opportunity than this shitshow.

2) I am not convinced Walton-Penner isn’t going to be Al Davis, Snyder, Jerry Jones, Irsay. An owner that doesn’t know what they are doing but want to be the final answer on everything. Reports are they pushed the Wilson contract. Reports are they want HC to report directly to them. They have stated they are leading the HC search. Not good signs in my opinion.
I agree.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head Coach will report to Penner and Ownership group. Penner will lead a search committee with George. Condoleezza Rice will be on search committee.
This is horse shit. Im really not liking these new owners so far.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in demand HC would sign with Denver and agree to right the ship with his hands tied behind his back?

This HC success is completely dependent on fixing a 34 year old Russell Wilson.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to me it depends on the coach you hire. If it is a Sean Payton coach he is going to want ultimate say other than ownership anyway so that would make sense, but if is a too young coach like we saw with McDbag and they only report to the owner and don't have to go through an experienced GM that just doesn't work as the coach has too much power without any checks.

Both models can work but only with the right hire IMO.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to me it depends on the coach you hire. If it is a Sean Payton coach he is going to want ultimate say other than ownership anyway so that would make sense, but if is a too young coach like we saw with McDbag and they only report to the owner and don't have to go through an experienced GM that just doesn't work as the coach has too much power without any checks.

Both models can work but only with the right hire IMO.
Your latter example has consistently shown to be a bad choice and creates a power struggle when either side feels slighted.

Let's not reinvent the wheel Penner.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did mention in his press conference that all coaches report to the owner so he’s not doing anything out of the ordinary, but Patton will be involved heavily with the search. In my opinion, he said nothing that would cause the alarm that makes it seem like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a motivated and deep-pocketed ownership group. Those two particular features should provide sufficient motivation to the best candidates available.

Maybe the Vic angle is problematic for the Payton hire, but Walton-Penner should be able to paper over the rest. Fair draft picks this year with a whole host next year. Fix or eliminate Russ within 2 years. The most important aspect is you have solid ownership. Even Paton could be capped for a guy like Payton ...if he wants to negotiate that much control.

I hope you're right. I just don't see it as appealing for a vet coach who once carried his team to the SB joining the circus we have going on right now. At the same time I tell myself maybe this situation isn't as bad as I think.. That of course key ingredient comes down to.. Who is Russell Wilson now? Is he the old Russell Wilson (in this case we are appealing) is he the new Russell Wilson we saw this year (in that case this situation isn't appealing) We have a HUGE key factor here for a HC taking this job and that is what do they make of Wilson? The trade is what it is, we can recover from that.. However, the contract is hard to recover from if he isn't what we thought he was when we paid him.

I am in the middle on Wilson right now. Sometimes I think a new HC and he will be fine as before the Rams game he was looking better to me then he went out and had that game.

Money is great and all but Payton has a lot of it. He is going to get paid at any job he ends up taking... Does he believe in us as a team is what it comes down to, IMO. I don't think he jeopardizes his legacy as a HC for money if he is sour on this situation because he can get money elsewhere too.

Maybe we aren't as big of a circus as I have in my head right now.. I have never been more down or frustrated to be a Denver Broncos fan as this year. I think George, LGM and OC could tell you I was unusually cranky and down and frustrated with this team. I lost all my marbles this year.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. I just don't see it as appealing for a vet coach who once carried his team to the SB joining the circus we have going on right now. At the same time I tell myself maybe this situation isn't as bad as I think.. That of course key ingredient comes down to.. Who is Russell Wilson now? Is he the old Russell Wilson (in this case we are appealing) is he the new Russell Wilson we saw this year (in that case this situation isn't appealing) We have a HUGE key factor here for a HC taking this job and that is what do they make of Wilson? The trade is what it is, we can recover from that.. However, the contract is hard to recover from if he isn't what we thought he was when we paid him.

I am in the middle on Wilson right now. Sometimes I think a new HC and he will be fine as before the Rams game he was looking better to me then he went out and had that game.

Money is great and all but Payton has a lot of it. He is going to get paid at any job he ends up taking... Does he believe in us as a team is what it comes down to, IMO. I don't think he jeopardizes his legacy as a HC for money if he is sour on this situation because he can get money elsewhere too.

Maybe we aren't as big of a circus as I have in my head right now.. I have never been more down or frustrated to be a Denver Broncos fan as this year. I think George, LGM and OC could tell you I was unusually cranky and down and frustrated with this team. I lost all my marbles this year.
My comment about Broncos ownership having deep pockets had very little to do with what they’re willing to pay the next head coach. Just to be clear. The motivation and deep pocket comment had more to do with putting a winning team on the field.

As for Russ, I would be building this team to win with or without him. Starting with straightening out that pathetic offensive line we dealt with this year. I may even draft the next Brock Purdy just in case Russ has to take a nap mid season next year.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment about Broncos ownership having deep pockets had very little to do with what they’re willing to pay the next head coach. Just to be clear. The motivation and deep pocket comment had more to do with putting a winning team on the field.

As for Russ, I would be building this team to win with or without him. Starting with straightening out that pathetic offensive line we dealt with this year. I may even draft the next Brock Purdy just in case Russ has to take a nap mid season next year.
This, 100%. Regardless of the qb, the o line needs a complete overhaul. So does our strength and conditioning and medical facilities. Maybe the practice turf, or the stadium grass. Theres a lot of things we can do to insulate Wilson from the opposing team, and frankly, himself.

If he looks to suck in 2023 then by all means bring in competition or draft a guy.

I think he's definitely part of the issue, but I think a quality coaching staff can work around some of those issues.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, 100%. Regardless of the qb, the o line needs a complete overhaul. So does our strength and conditioning and medical facilities. Maybe the practice turf, or the stadium grass. Theres a lot of things we can do to insulate Wilson from the opposing team, and frankly, himself.

If he looks to suck in 2023 then by all means bring in competition or draft a guy.

I think he's definitely part of the issue, but I think a quality coaching staff can work around some of those issues.

Get your rosary out!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great commentary - my friend.

Reactions: LGM

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line needs an entire overall. I am not sure who on that line is worth keeping long term, but no sure how you accomplish that in one offseason with the assets we have. Would anyone give any thoughts to trading one of our young defensive assets?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line needs an entire overall. I am not sure who on that line is worth keeping long term, but no sure how you accomplish that in one offseason with the assets we have. Would anyone give any thoughts to trading one of our young defensive assets?
I think you go in acknowledging you won’t fix it all in 1 season. I think getting healthy and a coach that has skills beyond looking like a miserable person will go a long way.

I am not sure who is available via FA and draft but I would look at getting 1 potential starter from each draft and FA.

On a less serious note. Broncos Reddit discussed just blowing it all up. In this scenario you accept a crappy 2023 season. Cut Wilson and trade everything you can get value out of. You field a bunch of minimum wage UDFAs and start fresh in 2024 with a plethora draft picks.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restructure Russ and spread some of that ginger to the group tasked with keeping him upright and opening running lanes.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full presser (worth a watch. Insightful.):

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a less serious note. Broncos Reddit discussed just blowing it all up. In this scenario you accept a crappy 2023 season. Cut Wilson and trade everything you can get value out of. You field a bunch of minimum wage UDFAs and start fresh in 2024 with a plethora draft picks.

I’m of this mind, although no one would ever admit to it and players and coaches will still play to win. Texans Part 2.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow it up for once (band aid fixes) have not worked. If we don't we'll be saying same thing in 24 25 26