• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could USC actually beat Alabama on Week 1?

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back on this thread this could actually happen I mean USC has some explosive players and so does Alabama... I mean it will be a great game.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone can be beaten on any given day, with that said highly doubtful to no chance for this one. Coaching comparison isn't remotely close, plus Saban in a game one scenerio with all this time to prepare (and Lane Kiffen has some revenge on his mind) does not bode well for the play it safe hiring of Clay Helton.

I actually think Lane Kiffin wanting revenge is the only reason USC has a chance

what dumb crap does he do that backfires on him?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Lane Kiffin wanting revenge is the only reason USC has a chance

what dumb crap does he do that backfires on him?
Try running trick plays that go for 6 the other way?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have been saying that with all this time to prepare Saban has a huge edge over Helton. I agree that Saban in a one game scenario and given more than a week or two would be a sure loss for that other team( maybe two coaches withstanding). But this is the first game of the season. I doubt Alabama wants to do anything different or change what they do to win this game. sabans not going to want to burn any of his really good plays to win the first game. he's going to want to be as deliberate as possible and win without doing to much. On the other hand this Could make USCs season if they win and they wont play a better team later in the season so no reason to hold anything back. With the playmakers they have and the offensive line they could go for some big plays.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen when you play a team as talented as USC. Don't think it'll happen mind you because I just have a felling that our QB play will be better than it has since AJ, and that we are just too well coached to lose that early game.

Plus, since Saban came and started playing tougher teams to start off the year, we haven't yet lost one of them so we aren't starting this year.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even_possible_aliens.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well USC apparently has an advantage over us, as Kiffin adopted everything from USC.

Southern Cal OC Tee Martin: 'Lane (Kiffin) pretty much adopted what we do on offense'

:dhd:

Tee did say that Alabama , on top of having amazing talent is great with execution wich makes them superior to most teams. Now Lane worked under Norm chow and was OC at USC before becoming head coach so I'm sure once he got comfortable he installed things they way he was used to doing. I don't think that means anything other than some things will be familiar. It's not like when Chucky coached against the Raiders in the Super Bowl and his defense was calling out the plays before the Raiders ran them.
I wish Norm Chow was consulting on the offense. People don;t realize how good he was because he coached under Pete. He once ran some plays against Arizona in a game USC was winning handily just to see what the defense would do, knowing The other Stoops brother ran the same defense .And wouldn't you know he did end up coaching against Bob Stoops in Miami at the end of the year. He used those plays in specific situations.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well USC apparently has an advantage over us, as Kiffin adopted everything from USC.

Southern Cal OC Tee Martin: 'Lane (Kiffin) pretty much adopted what we do on offense'

:dhd:

To be fair, Kiffin has always been a very good OC and Alabama does run a very similar offense to what Kiffin ran at USC and USC still uses a good bit of the offense that Kiffin ran when he was here.

Having said that, it's pretty poor choice of words by Martin. After all, it's Kiffin's offense. Kind of hard to "adopt" your own offense.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, yes, USC can beat Alabama.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imglad USC is playing them week 1 and not the middle of the season when Alabama is in full rhythm.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at it how does ole miss compare to USC? I don't see them as light years better or anything. Chad Kelly was what his first year starting? 341 yds 3 tds no ints. If Alabama coughs it up on kicks offs like they did then I can't see them winning.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tee did say that Alabama , on top of having amazing talent is great with execution wich makes them superior to most teams. Now Lane worked under Norm chow and was OC at USC before becoming head coach so I'm sure once he got comfortable he installed things they way he was used to doing. I don't think that means anything other than some things will be familiar. It's not like when Chucky coached against the Raiders in the Super Bowl and his defense was calling out the plays before the Raiders ran them.
I wish Norm Chow was consulting on the offense. People don;t realize how good he was because he coached under Pete. He once ran some plays against Arizona in a game USC was winning handily just to see what the defense would do, knowing The other Stoops brother ran the same defense .And wouldn't you know he did end up coaching against Bob Stoops in Miami at the end of the year. He used those plays in specific situations.

And it's a good thing he did so you would be able to barely squeak by OU in that NC game. Wait.......what? Aw shit. USC just scored again. :tsk:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game of the season is dangerous. You have yet to find out who will be that team that drastically turns shit around? It was Bama in '08. Could be the Trojans this year. They have the talent to win, but do they have the mindset, the discipline, the intangibles that it takes to win big games, that Alabama has? Maybe so, we don't know yet.

I just know im fucking pumped for this game! Im 25, so Ive never got to see Alabama vs USC, been dreaming of this game for a long time.