• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Alabama beat the Jacksonville Jaguars?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Men hit their physical athletic peaks of strength at 28-32 years old.

College kids are at the very MOST 5 years removed from HS.

You are putting 18-22 year olds against men who have been playing against the best of the best for years.

Not turning this into a schedule thing, so relax Bama fans, but most college teams play a minimum of 6 teams that are totally mismatched and have zero chance of winning. Whereas the jags will win a game or 2 this season against NFL talent. The jags play the best football players in the world every week..

Once again, Bama is certainly the best candidate for this discussion. But they wouldnt stand a chance.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You have demonstrated your inability to think outside of the box.

You run with the sheep because it's easier to do.

Me:
Jags probably win.
BAMA has a chance.

You:
lol u dumb.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bama's never had an unbeaten season before. :doh:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but usually these conversations occur when a college team goes undefeated or looks superb in comparison to a downright terrible NFL team. Alabama maybe currently #1, but the seasons isn't over, and they've only played A&M. You could make a case that Oregon/Clemson/tOSU/Florida State or even Stanford could beat Alabama right now in a given scenario. The season still needs to be played out. So I would presume the question is more directed towards last years Alabama team, which lost a game. Thus, if you can't win all your games in the NCAA, why do you expect to beat an NFL team? better yet, any undefeated Alabama team in history would still lose to the Jags.

NFL>NCAA they're faster, smarter, and more physical.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, considering this is posted on the CFB board, I'm surprised there aren't more guys defending Bama's chances. CFB fans tend to be a younger and more delusional type. It's been like that for as long as I've been following the game.... "Hey, why don't the pros use the wishbone ?". Because it would be a TFL 70% of the time, dipshit. Everybody can run in the NFL. They're just bigger/stronger/faster/smarter.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You have demonstrated your inability to think outside of the box.

You run with the sheep because it's easier to do.

Me:
Jags probably win.
BAMA has a chance.

You:
lol u dumb.

You have to be to think there's a 1 in a million shot the game is competitive. There's no other explanation.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville could run the ball every single play and average 15 yards a carry.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but usually these conversations occur when a college team goes undefeated or looks superb in comparison to a downright terrible NFL team. Alabama maybe currently #1, but the seasons isn't over, and they've only played A&M. You could make a case that Oregon/Clemson/tOSU/Florida State or even Stanford could beat Alabama right now in a given scenario. The season still needs to be played out. So I would presume the question is more directed towards last years Alabama team, which lost a game. Thus, if you can't win all your games in the NCAA, why do you expect to beat an NFL team? better yet, any undefeated Alabama team in history would still lose to the Jags.

NFL>NCAA they're faster, smarter, and more physical.

Not arguing that Bama could beat an NFL team; as I'd stated before, they couldn't, nor could any other college football team.

Was challenging this comment by you:

Alabama can't even go through an undefeated season in the NCAA, why is this question even asked?

Recall 2009, when Bama last went unbeaten on the season? Last I checked, they were part of the NCAA, even way back then.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be to think there's a 1 in a million shot the game is competitive. There's no other explanation.

bovado did hypothetical odds vs both the Broncos and the Jags. Jags were only a 17.5 favorite, big spread but better than 1 in a million shot.

Theres a chance, and if the game were to be played oddsmakers would give slim chances for BAMA. I agree with them.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will weigh in here for the sake of argument. I have seen comments that dripped with hate and disdain, not actual fact. I will state this much, when it comes to this years version of Alabama, i dont think they would fair well against the Jags at all. This team does not have the Bama Swagger of teams in the past few years, they are working on it, but not there yet.

As far as an Alabama team being able to beat the Jags, if we stacked up the 2009, 11 or 12 versions, I would say they might have a slim to average shot and the reason why is not talent on either side of the ball, but team work. Those Alabama teams worked as units and bought into Sabans "Process". Those kids believed and never stopped believing all year, even if they stumbled. Those teams would definitely have a shot as this version of the jags doesnt work as a team and its sum of the parts or not as strong as the sum of the parts of the Alabama teams I mentioned with Saban as the coach.

Now, this is purely my opinion, but I am sure I will get comments from the peanut gallery that i am delusional, moronic, an idiot or worse. I will return to see who is delusional enough to make said comments.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the talent level was on par, Saban can't coach against the big boys :dhd:

ArtieTruth.gif

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will weigh in here for the sake of argument. I have seen comments that dripped with hate and disdain, not actual fact. I will state this much, when it comes to this years version of Alabama, i dont think they would fair well against the Jags at all. This team does not have the Bama Swagger of teams in the past few years, they are working on it, but not there yet.

As far as an Alabama team being able to beat the Jags, if we stacked up the 2009, 11 or 12 versions, I would say they might have a slim to average shot and the reason why is not talent on either side of the ball, but team work. Those Alabama teams worked as units and bought into Sabans "Process". Those kids believed and never stopped believing all year, even if they stumbled. Those teams would definitely have a shot as this version of the jags doesnt work as a team and its sum of the parts or not as strong as the sum of the parts of the Alabama teams I mentioned with Saban as the coach.

Now, this is purely my opinion, but I am sure I will get comments from the peanut gallery that i am delusional, moronic, an idiot or worse. I will return to see who is delusional enough to make said comments.

you're delusional, moronic, an idiot and worse.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're delusional, moronic, an idiot and worse.

I knew you would chime in eventually, if for nothing but a laugh. My points were valid though and I never said they stood a great chance, just slim to average.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None whatsoever. Even pretending they have a shot puts you in the bottom percentile of the bottom percentile of intelligence.

Sadly this statement says more about you than the ones you tried to slam. It shows you are not open minded to the possibility it could happen, which shows you are not very good at critical thinking yourself. Those who are open minded see all the possibilities and are open to all the avenues and chances, you are close minded and cannot admit to yourself the possibility it could happen due to whatever bias you might feel.

Any top 10 team has the same possibility to win if they work as a team unit and play their hearts out and to think otherwise shows a lack of intelligence.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they play by NFL rules or by NCAA rules?

I dont know if this would matter, but there is a chance it could hurt one side or the other at some point. Good question.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sadly this statement says more about you than the ones you tried to slam. It shows you are not open minded to the possibility it could happen, which shows you are not very good at critical thinking yourself. Those who are open minded see all the possibilities and are open to all the avenues and chances, you are close minded and cannot admit to yourself the possibility it could happen due to whatever bias you might feel.

Any top 10 team has the same possibility to win if they work as a team unit and play their hearts out and to think otherwise shows a lack of intelligence.

It could happen if the NFL team played their scout team and zero starters, I would say 1 out of 20 games the college team could squeek out a win, maybe.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no possibility it could happen. It is not possible. The jaguars could run the ball every play and win 50-nothing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bovado did hypothetical odds vs both the Broncos and the Jags. Jags were only a 17.5 favorite, big spread but better than 1 in a million shot.

Theres a chance, and if the game were to be played oddsmakers would give slim chances for BAMA. I agree with them.

That just shows that they think the population is retarded. Oddsmakers don't predict games. They predict gambling habits.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just shows that they think the population is retarded. Oddsmakers don't predict games. They predict gambling habits.

It shows they know more about football than you.