• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Alabama beat the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're resorting to downplaying my intelligence simply because you're angry that I have proven a point. If you can't even win every game on your college schedule, don't expect you can beat an NFL team regardless of how bad they are. Its okay though, you are completely correct on Alabama have a chance of winning as long as they show up. Just realize that if the entire jaguars first string team had a stroke, Alabama's chances of winning might improve from .000000000001 to .0000000001

Deflection gets you nowhere. I didnt downplay your intelligence, you did fine all by yourself on that one. Anyone that cant see that its possible that one time in a million it could happen on its own without needing a major catastrophic event on the part of a bus, the first string having heart attacks or any other far fetched deflection that a child could come up with is delusional at best and clearly arrogant to think their opinion cannot possibly be wrong.

Tell you what, since you feel so strongly, tell me what the makeup of the Jags first and second teams are draft wise and we can see if Alabama measures up on any of the 2009, 2011 or 2012 teams talent wise. Bet its not far off.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflection gets you nowhere. I didnt downplay your intelligence, you did fine all by yourself on that one. Anyone that cant see that its possible that one time in a million it could happen on its own without needing a major catastrophic event on the part of a bus, the first string having heart attacks or any other far fetched deflection that a child could come up with is delusional at best and clearly arrogant to think their opinion cannot possibly be wrong.

Tell you what, since you feel so strongly, tell me what the makeup of the Jags first and second teams are draft wise and we can see if Alabama measures up on any of the 2009, 2011 or 2012 teams talent wise. Bet its not far off.

I didn't deflect any part of your argument. If I chose to deflect I would've edited your posts seeing the onslaught of spelling and grammatical errors to mock your actual intelligence. Instead I'll gladly reject playing your feeble little game not because you're making a point, but because you're bringing in an irrelevant issue. You're asking me to compare a roster of starters and back ups who have made an NFL team to a bunch of draft picks from Alabama in which majority haven't seen very much playing time or panned out. This is much like comparing high school athletes to college. Some players progress and become better in college while others maxed out in high school. The same goes for the transition from NCAA to NFL. Peyton Manning was good in college, he is great in the NFL. Every player who makes an NFL roster was vastly superior in comparison to their college peers or vastly improved. Alabama having 40 or however many players in 4 years just getting 'drafted' doesn't mean shit.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

There are currently 34 active players on a roster from Alabama in the NFL.

While that is a great number, there are 22 guys on the starting line up for the Jaguars are that NFL caliber talent. They would overcome and win with superior talent.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

While that is a great number, there are 22 guys on the starting line up for the Jaguars are that NFL caliber talent. They would overcome and win with superior talent.

1 million times in a row? this is the issue at hand as the simple simons in here still arguing are saying no college team ever has a shot no matter how minuscule.You might want to go back and read the arguments first before you draw a line in the sand.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 million times in a row? this is the issue at hand as the simple simons in here still arguing are saying no college team ever has a shot no matter how minuscule.You might want to go back and read the arguments first before you draw a line in the sand.

Tough talk. The answer is still no.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama would have about the same chance of beating a weak NFL team that a mid-tier Division II team would have of beating Alabama.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Thanks for the correction, Ironbreaker. It was Denver -40.5 versus Bama at a neutral site and the Jags -17.5 versus the Tide.

And that means nothing. Spreads are to attract gamblers, not to predict games. That spread gets torn to shit.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A collegent team bet the green bay packers in 1963. So there is that. It could happen, but probably not.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A collegent team bet the green bay packers in 1963. So there is that. It could happen, but probably not.

That was before the NFL was serious. In today's game, it would be a triple digit win.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is a great college football team. But this would be a joke of a game. Football is not like basketball, golf, etc...

Younger, weaker, and less experienced college "boys" would get absoluely dismantled vs a true pro team. 0 Chance!

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when does going undefeated in college have a thing to do with a team being able to beat another on any given day. I guess since the Northwestern teams that lost so many games a few years back were so unlucky and undeserving of a win, they should have just not showed up huh? God, the level of stupidity to even post that has to make it difficult for you to type correctly I'm sure.

If you bothered to read one of my other posts you will see that Alabama currently has 34 players on NFL rosters(most of them from the past 4 years). The level of play in one particular game with a loss does not dispel the theory that they could win on another given day against a completely different team. Given your train of though, Bama should not have even showed up for the title game against LSU in 2011 as they had already lost and they knew how it was going to turn out already. One chance in a million is pretty miniscule, but its still a chance and to think that a team doesnt have that shot shows complete lack of knowledge of the game and a huge arrogance to not even admit its possible.

Agreed Bama should not have shown up for the 2011 title game, they'd already lost, but that really has nothing to do with the subject.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama and every other college football team would get rocked by the Jaguars and it wouldn't be close. Why does this even get brought up? Jags are up 40-0 after 1, at least.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Eh...there are probably about 12 guys on the starting line up of the Jags that are NFL calibur talent. The Jags would still win but probably only by 15-20 points and not the usual 40+ spread you would see with the worst team in the NFL against a good college team.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...there are probably about 12 guys on the starting line up of the Jags that are NFL calibur talent. The Jags would still win but probably only by 15-20 points and not the usual 40+ spread you would see with the worst team in the NFL against a good college team.

They would annihilate this Bama team. Johnny Football and an offense that's going to put maybe a few guys in the NFL scored 42 on them. MJD would score on every touch because nobody would get through to him, and AJ McCarron would be sacked 10 times in the first quarter. A 27-year old with 5-6 years in the NFL is going to throw those Bama OLmen around like a rag doll.