• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Alabama beat the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one could assemble an all-star team from the 5 power conferences, maybe, just maybe they could win 3 of 10 from the Jaguars.

And yes, the current 'Bama team would have a chance, but probably around 6-7%.

I am going to disagree with this. I feel the current Bama team would have very little shot as they are not very good compared to the past Bama squads. I say maybe .5% at best if they played their best game and the Jags played their worst. This Bama team has some glaring differences from the past Bama teams.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to disagree with this. I feel the current Bama team would have very little shot as they are not very good compared to the past Bama squads. I say maybe .5% at best if they played their best game and the Jags played their worst. This Bama team has some glaring differences from the past Bama teams.

I was just illustrating the point that 'Bama has a chance (even if it is small) for those refusing to adhere to the laws of probability :suds:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might as well go ahead and get this out of the way...

I read an article on this recently. Vegas bookies have come out said if this game were played at a neutral site the line would be Jags minus 40.5.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just illustrating the point that 'Bama has a chance (even if it is small) for those refusing to adhere to the laws of probability :suds:

And I appreciate that, shows you do believe in even the slightest of chances, but I am a realist and know this team is a shadow of who we have been.

When i am talking about the Jags and them possibly losing to a college team, i am not only speaking of Alabama, but pretty much any top 10 perennial power. I think that Alabama is only one of a few top teams that could have a similar one in a million shot to topple an NFL team. :suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read my post? did you notice i stated this years team has no shot and why it has no shot. I also stated why i feel that the 2009, 2011 or 2012 teams could have a slim shot and thats teamwork. The Jags are a horrible team that does not follow any form of team work model, they suck ass at its highest level. Any team that plays under a teamwork principle, believes in their coach, and can execute successfully can and will have a slim chance to beat another no matter how talented the other team is if that team is not working as a team and trusts what their coaching staff tells them. Please tell me you are not so stupid as to deny what I stated is true.
2011, 2012 Alabama weren't even undefeated in the NCAA, they couldn't even beat every college team those years. What makes you think they could hang with bigger, stronger, faster, smarter more developed players and coaches in the NFL? They couldn't. You're the one who is 'stupid' for thinking Alabama has a slim shot. Sure Alabama has a 'shot' because they'll show up on the field, that's it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama would absolutely have a chance to beat the Jags

if the Jags team bus was involved in a major accident, leaving no one to suit up

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article on this recently. Vegas bookies have come out said if this game were played at a neutral site the line would be Jags minus 40.5.
I'll take Bama and the 40 points. Make it a 10 year avi bet any takers?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alabama would score and I don't think the Jaguars would score a touchdown on every possession. So I'd think a conservative estimate would be around 33-10 in favor of Jacksonville.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I played lebron one on one a billion times, I'm going to win one?

There's a level of talent difference that is insurmountable and the difference between the best college team ever and the worst NFL team today is well beyond that.

I didn't realize that LBJ was such a terrible basketball player, or you were a top NCAA basketball player.

We are comparing the BEST in college football to the WORST in the NFL. You just compared one of the top NBA players to an amateur.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of thread related.....

Jacksonville @ Denver -28 1/2

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011, 2012 Alabama weren't even undefeated in the NCAA, they couldn't even beat every college team those years. What makes you think they could hang with bigger, stronger, faster, smarter more developed players and coaches in the NFL? They couldn't. You're the one who is 'stupid' for thinking Alabama has a slim shot. Sure Alabama has a 'shot' because they'll show up on the field, that's it.

Since when does going undefeated in college have a thing to do with a team being able to beat another on any given day. I guess since the Northwestern teams that lost so many games a few years back were so unlucky and undeserving of a win, they should have just not showed up huh? God, the level of stupidity to even post that has to make it difficult for you to type correctly I'm sure.

If you bothered to read one of my other posts you will see that Alabama currently has 34 players on NFL rosters(most of them from the past 4 years). The level of play in one particular game with a loss does not dispel the theory that they could win on another given day against a completely different team. Given your train of though, Bama should not have even showed up for the title game against LSU in 2011 as they had already lost and they knew how it was going to turn out already. One chance in a million is pretty miniscule, but its still a chance and to think that a team doesnt have that shot shows complete lack of knowledge of the game and a huge arrogance to not even admit its possible.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alabama would score and I don't think the Jaguars would score a touchdown on every possession. So I'd think a conservative estimate would be around 33-10 in favor of Jacksonville.

On a one off game, sure its possible. But how many times would Jacksonville win out of one million times? Could Bama win even one time? or any college top 10 team for that matter?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
There isn't a 1 in a google chance. There is literally no chance whatsoever.

Yeah. Yeah there is.

We'll just have to disagree. But I know I am right.

In that there is indeed a chance, no matter how small, but certainly greater than what you are willing to concede, the best college team in football could beat the worse team in the NFL on any given year.

Yeah, I'm going to have to change my mind on this one. It is possible that Alabama or any top tier team could win one versus the Jags...stars and moons align and all that. The probability is low, but it's not 0. Might take 3 returns for td's and 2 pick 6's, and some key Jags injuries, but it could happen.

You could make the same argument for Notre Dame last year...if we played that championship game over again 100 times, Alabama would not win 100 of them...even though there was a clear and obvious talent gap. Same gap exists between Alabama and Jacksonville, it's just bigger.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me last year there was a thread about Alabama beating a Pro team. Even the Alabama faithful know they get blown out. Really don't see that as a knock on Alabama, the best team these past few years.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me last year there was a thread about Alabama beating a Pro team. Even the Alabama faithful know they get blown out. Really don't see that as a knock on Alabama, the best team these past few years.

Agreed, but the argument is not "would" they win, it's "could" they. No matter how ridiculous the probability, they "could" win. Play it 100 times and they likely lose by 4+ touchdowns 90+ times, but strange things can happen on game day. I would be willing to take it a step further and say that the Jaguars could not beat 75% of the FBS college teams in the country 1000 times in 1000 tries....it might take the football equivalent of a 6 error baseball game, but they happen...at a pace that exceeds 1 in 1000...and even more so for the Jags.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it say about 2004 USC vs 2004 49ers?

Those Niners won 2 and stayed within 10 points in 9 of their losses. The Trojans had a tough time with unranked Stanford & UCLA. I'll take the Niners.

That USC team had quite a few players that went to and still play in the NFL!!

And the 2004 'Niners would have kicked our ass!!

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That USC team had quite a few players that went to and still play in the NFL!!

And the 2004 'Niners would have kicked our ass!!

Again 99.9% of the time, yes. But that one game where Smith throws 5 picks, or maybe he's out and Dorsey fumbles away 4 balls with his tiny little hands...

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when does going undefeated in college have a thing to do with a team being able to beat another on any given day. I guess since the Northwestern teams that lost so many games a few years back were so unlucky and undeserving of a win, they should have just not showed up huh? God, the level of stupidity to even post that has to make it difficult for you to type correctly I'm sure.

If you bothered to read one of my other posts you will see that Alabama currently has 34 players on NFL rosters(most of them from the past 4 years). The level of play in one particular game with a loss does not dispel the theory that they could win on another given day against a completely different team. Given your train of though, Bama should not have even showed up for the title game against LSU in 2011 as they had already lost and they knew how it was going to turn out already. One chance in a million is pretty miniscule, but its still a chance and to think that a team doesnt have that shot shows complete lack of knowledge of the game and a huge arrogance to not even admit its possible.

You're resorting to downplaying my intelligence simply because you're angry that I have proven a point. If you can't even win every game on your college schedule, don't expect you can beat an NFL team regardless of how bad they are. Its okay though, you are completely correct on Alabama have a chance of winning as long as they show up. Just realize that if the entire jaguars first string team had a stroke, Alabama's chances of winning might improve from .000000000001 to .0000000001