• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could Alabama beat the Jacksonville Jaguars?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no possibility it could happen. It is not possible. The jaguars could run the ball every play and win 50-nothing.

AS i said before, close minded to a posibility. Thats not critical thinking, its narrow minded and shows you dont know as much as you think. You say there is no shot, but even 1 in a million shot is a shot and that is certainly possible. If you say its not then you dont know about the law of averages and possibilities. f they played 1 million times(statistically impossible), but if they could, Bama would easily win one out of a million times played(maybe more), giving them a shot however slight. This is why you are narrow minded and not very good at critical thinking.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS i said before, close minded to a posibility. Thats not critical thinking, its narrow minded and shows you dont know as much as you think. You say there is no shot, but even 1 in a million shot is a shot and that is certainly possible. If you say its not then you dont know about the law of averages and possibilities. f they played 1 million times(statistically impossible), but if they could, Bama would easily win one out of a million times played(maybe more), giving them a shot however slight. This is why you are narrow minded and not very good at critical thinking.

They wouldn't. There are plenty of players not good enough to make an NFL roster that would start for Bama. If you played 100 billion times, maybe 5 times they keep it within 40. There is no possible set of absurd circumstances that could result in bama winning.

It's not possible. It's like taking an average high school team against bama. They wouldn't compete. If they got one single stop the entire game they would have room to be excited.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen if the NFL team played their scout team and zero starters, I would say 1 out of 20 games the college team could squeek out a win, maybe.

I would bet on BAMA every single time in that scenario, and I would come out ahead.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shows they know more about football than you.

Placing odds has nothing to do with what you believe a hypothetical outcome will be. It is meant to attract gamblers, and nothing else.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe some Alabama fans honestly believe they have a chance :L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't. There are plenty of players not good enough to make an NFL roster that would start for Bama. If you played 100 billion times, maybe 5 times they keep it within 40. There is no possible set of absurd circumstances that could result in bama winning.

It's not possible. It's like taking an average high school team against bama. They wouldn't compete. If they got one single stop the entire game they would have room to be excited.

And like i stated before, you not being open to the possibility of it happening once in 100 billion time, or even one million times shows you to be foolish. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut. On any given Sunday, any team can beat another. It is possible and no amount of ignorance on your part makes it factual that it wont happen one time out of a million. Show me factual evidence that it couldnt happen one time out of 100 billion please, i would like to see this.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're dealing with hypotheticals; what if Jax. gives-in to the inevitable and drafts Tebow. Then, could Bama win?

:bolt:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I played lebron one on one a billion times, I'm going to win one?

There's a level of talent difference that is insurmountable and the difference between the best college team ever and the worst NFL team today is well beyond that.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe some Alabama fans honestly believe they have a chance :L

Did you read my post? did you notice i stated this years team has no shot and why it has no shot. I also stated why i feel that the 2009, 2011 or 2012 teams could have a slim shot and thats teamwork. The Jags are a horrible team that does not follow any form of team work model, they suck ass at its highest level. Any team that plays under a teamwork principle, believes in their coach, and can execute successfully can and will have a slim chance to beat another no matter how talented the other team is if that team is not working as a team and trusts what their coaching staff tells them. Please tell me you are not so stupid as to deny what I stated is true.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a level of talent difference that is insurmountable and the difference between the best college team ever and the worst NFL team today is well beyond that.

Are you a college player that is highly touted?, you might be able to pull it off one time in a million, yes. If you are an average joe, probably not. One on One is not team ball, so its apples to oranges here. Thanks for proving my point on critical thinking.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you playing for a big time BB program?

No. You are not.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you a college player that is highly touted?, you might be able to pull it off one time in a million, yes. If you are an average joe, probably not. One on One is not team ball, so its apples to oranges here. Thanks for proving my point on critical thinking.

A team game makes it even more absurdly mismatched.

The talent level between the best college team ever and the worst NFL team since, say, 2000 or so, is far too absurd for the college team to have a shot.

Not one in a million, not one in a trillion, literally zero.

Zero shot. Them winning is not in the realm of possibility.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I played basketball in high school, I was ok. I started, my best friend was 5'8 and offered a scholarship by every small college in the pacific northwest. He was an awesome pt guard, fantastic team player, miles ahead of me in the team game.

I usually beat him 1vs1 . :suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team game makes it even more absurdly mismatched.

The talent level between the best college team ever and the worst NFL team since, say, 2000 or so, is far too absurd for the college team to have a shot.

Not one in a million, not one in a trillion, literally zero.

Zero shot. Them winning is not in the realm of possibility.

You keep bringing up the talent level, but you forget that the 2009-2012 teams at Alabama had multiple first round players drafted, and many more in the following rounds. These teams are no devoid of NFL caliber talent and apparently the Jags are lacking in that area(based on current and past winning, or lack of). How many first round lineman do you think the jags have currently on defense and offense? Bama had several along with a couple of first round RB's and probably atleast a second or third round QB currently there. This doesnt even take into account the number of first round DB's and safeties in the last couple of years. These are starters on other teams in the NFL, which were all on one team in college. Hell, Robert Lester wasnt even drafted and has two interceptions in two games in the NFL and he plays on one of the worst teams in the NFL, next to the Jags. Admit you are wrong, that one time in a million, 100 billiion or even 100 trillion is possible. Ists absurd to think otherwise and shows you to be completely devoid of reasoning.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those teams never were even considered for a roster. A few players who were well below their prime at Bama doesn't come close to outweighing the rest of their roster. The jaguars would get 15 yards a carry and bama would be very likely to not get a single stop the entire game.

There isn't a 1 in a google chance. There is literally no chance whatsoever.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. Yeah there is.

We'll just have to disagree. But I know I am right.

In that there is indeed a chance, no matter how small, but certainly greater than what you are willing to concede, the best college team in football could beat the worse team in the NFL on any given year.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those teams never were even considered for a roster. A few players who were well below their prime at Bama doesn't come close to outweighing the rest of their roster. The jaguars would get 15 yards a carry and bama would be very likely to not get a single stop the entire game.

34 players currently on NFL rosters that came from the last four years(mainly). Thats 34 NFL players that have been on this one team and its not possible, even 1 time in a million. Shows you are not very open minded at all. I am done with you as its apparent you could hit a wall a million times and still feel you could break through it with your head. I will leave you with this thought. Consider the odds of being born, its a one in a million shot(pretty much each time in ejacualtion) yet your here to spout closed minded arguments and look totally foolish.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one could assemble an all-star team from the 5 power conferences, maybe, just maybe they could win 3 of 10 from the Jaguars.

And yes, the current 'Bama team would have a chance, but probably around 6-7%.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread makes my head hurt.