• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coughlin in the HOF some day now?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eli will probably now be a first ballot HOFer now. Troy Aikman was...

But what about Coughlin? I think he's easily on his way after getting his 2nd ring. Whad'ya think?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eli will probably now be a first ballot HOFer now. Troy Aikman was...

But what about Coughlin? I think he's easily on his way after getting his 2nd ring. Whad'ya think?

Seifert has 5 rings (2 as a HC) and as far as I know has never even been on a ballot...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As for Eli, he has two rings - Troy has three...but, IMO, if Eli's career ended today, I would not put him in on 1st ballot

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As for Eli, he has two rings - Troy has three...but, IMO, if Eli's career ended today, I would not put him in on 1st ballot

If his career ended today then I'd agree. But I think he'll play long enough and get enough hype in the media to get in even if he never wins another SB.

Elway, one of the most overrated QBs of all time, got in with 2 SB wins (first ballot).

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If his career ended today then I'd agree. But I think he'll play long enough and get enough hype in the media to get in even if he never wins another SB.

Elway, one of the most overrated QBs of all time, got in with 2 SB wins (first ballot).

And then for contrast we have Plunkett with two SB's and no gold jacket - So, to your point - hype plays a role and where does Eli play? Nuff said there...haha

...I think Eli could use a few more pro-bowls to go along with his two rings...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...I think Eli could use a few more pro-bowls to go along with his two rings...

True. But we all know the probowl is a popularity contest, so I have no doubt he'll get in a few more times.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True. But we all know the probowl is a popularity contest, so I have no doubt he'll get in a few more times.

So true...The whole pro-bowl affair has lost a lot glamour and credibility as far as I'm concerned. I read that Goodell is considering cancelling the game, which really break my heart...

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Superbowl wins are a bit overvalued when it comes to individual accomplishments, especially the hall of fame. Eli has been playing for a while now, this is the first year I felt comfortable even mentioning him among the top QBs in the league, and there is still a handful of other QBs I'd rather have ahead of him. When I heard them mention it after the game I just didn't feel it. If his career continues on a high level sure, but right now the very best I'd do for Eli, is one of those way down the line before the players that played with him die nominations.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Didn't catch his name, but a guy on Sports Center speculated that Coughlin will be in the HOF one day.

...if anyone cares what they say.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't catch his name, but a guy on Sports Center speculated that Coughlin will be in the HOF one day.

...if anyone cares what they say.

... but if no one cares what they say, then he won't. Sounds good. ;)

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see it with Coughlin. He has missed the playoffs seven times as a head coach. He has never had any great teams. There have only been a few coaches that have been voted to the hall of fame, and Coughlin's 7 seasons at .500 or worse would be eclipsed by just Tom Landry who had 8 over more than twice as many years.

I'd vote in George Seifert, Mike Holmgren, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, and even Marty Shottenheimer before I voted in Coughlin.