• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats on holding the stadium noise record a month but KC is now the loudest

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City Chiefs fans set loudest stadium record at Arrowhead

In the battle for loudest NFL stadium, victory appears to belong to the Kansas City Chiefs -- for now.

The Chiefs' official Twitter account said Sunday that fans had broken the world record for loudest sports venue during Kansas City's 24-7 victory over the Oakland Raiders at Arrowhead Stadium.

The 137.5 decibels, if upheld, would top the 136.6 decibels set by the Seahawks on Sept. 16, when Seattle topped the San Francisco 49ers in a "Sunday Night Football" beat down.

But don't expect the Seahawks to take this loss lightly.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the battle for loudest NFL stadium, victory appears to belong to the Kansas City Chiefs -- for now.

The Chiefs' official Twitter account said Sunday that fans had broken the world record for loudest sports venue during Kansas City's 24-7 victory over the Oakland Raiders at Arrowhead Stadium.

The 137.5 decibels, if upheld, would top the 136.6 decibels set by the Seahawks on Sept. 16, when Seattle topped the San Francisco 49ers in a "Sunday Night Football" beat down.

Who cares. It was interesting to try for it, and the Chiefs only went for it because Seattle did. It's an interesting thing, but not worth getting worked up over.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be the stadium,or the piped in noise or something.

Say have fun debating it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me this won't be the end of the story. We will see attempts to break it all over the NFL. Doubt it stands as is for that long if that's the case. There are plenty of loud venues over the league.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO CARES?

If there's a more worthless record a team can hold, what is it?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is most in Seattle really dont care,,,but the butthurt one's seem to throw fits over it,,,,,:laugh3:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say let's all think of some excuse's on why any given stadium is loud,,yah know because we have nothing else better to do.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big ups kc and their fans

we're gonna break it again week 13 vs the saints

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone that was at the last 49er game in Centurylink knows that was not the loudest that stadium has been. It wasn't even a top 5 game when i think of loudest games. Panthers, Saints and Washington playoff games, 49ers game last year, Cards game last year were all louder. I am sure it had to do with the plethora of 49er fans at the last Sea Vs 49er game. But Congratz KC fans on the paper title. We all know who the real 12th men are and they do not wear Red and white :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, Arrowhead has a capacity of about 10,000 more than the Clink, but I'm still impressed that KC seems to have beaten our record. According to a sound expert on the NFL Network pregame show if you have TWICE as many people screaming at the top of their lungs, it only results in an increase three decibels. I don't remember what the sound expert's exact words were, but he basically said there was an EXTREMELY slim chance of KC beating the record, so I'm impressed that KC's fans were able accomplish such a great feat.

nflspense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of funny that they had the big board giving readings all the time with the "beat Seattle" below it... but congrats to them. I'll always remember that Seattle set the record after a downpour, without a need for the scoreboard. Good stuff for both teams, and both fanbases.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your stadium is designed to make the crowd noise louder. There's isn't.

Yes it was. It's been one of the loudest venues for decades and they built it to be that way. The fans obviously have a lot to do with it but the stadium was designed for crowd noise.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not exactly true that it was designed to be loud. The person who designed it said it wasn't intended and was a surprise to them to find the acoustics characteristics. They don't tell you just how much it adds, nor where exactly that focus is aimed at. We don't know how much (if any) it added to the point of measure on the sideline. Parabolic reflectors tend to focus over fairly small areas. The more curve the more narrow the area. In the case of that stadium it may reflect most of it back into the crowd or somewhere out on the field. No one has quantified the effects in any way.

You get all kinds of idiots trying to make up things about it. One retarded SF fan believes it amplifies it 10x meaning the fans at the SF game were really only 13.6db without the partial roof. :laugh3:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not exactly true that it was designed to be loud. The person who designed it said it wasn't intended and was a surprise to them to find the acoustics characteristics. They don't tell you just how much it adds, nor where exactly that focus is aimed at. We don't know how much (if any) it added to the point of measure on the sideline. Parabolic reflectors tend to focus over fairly small areas. The more curve the more narrow the area. In the case of that stadium it may reflect most of it back into the crowd or somewhere out on the field. No one has quantified the effects in any way.

You get all kinds of idiots trying to make up things about it. One retarded SF fan believes it amplifies it 10x meaning the fans at the SF game were really only 13.6db without the partial roof. :laugh3:

dB is a logarithmic unit so one tenth of 136 dB is 126 dB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Apparently it's official now:

Arrowhead Stadium, home of Kansas City Chiefs, breaks world record for noise level - ESPN

Congratulations Chiefs fans!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, you got a good group who go to the Seahawks games as well. It's always more interesting to see some teams west of the Mississippi be legitimate contenders. I doubt I'll meet much resistance to that on this board.

Great Job KC. You guys have always been known to be loud and very loyal.
When all my friends have traveled back to Nebraska for a UW game, they ALWAYS say how nice and polite those Cornhusker fan are, Every year.

Now, I have never been a witness to either one of these events, but I believe these things actually happened and continue to happen. That is awesome.

Point is, I have been to Seahawk games, and it doesn't matter WHERE the game is when we have our home crowd, Kingdome, Husky Stadium, or the Clink. We are loud. Proud to be loud. Same with KC. And Husker fans are very Hospitable. All great qualities.

Just would like the haters to STFU. That AZ guy (or wanna be girl) with the chick avatar, you will never have what we have in terms of fans, because your beautiful Fall/Winter climate is vaction home for over 1/2 your crowd. I'm sorry, hurts for Football, but great for local economy.

Go Hawks.:suds:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is KC fans wasted their voice on the Raiders. Seattle, at least, used theirs on the team on the other side of the bay. The one that matters.