• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats CU Fans

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know if he is healthy this week or no word? Seems like he is questionable every week.

DC it is one of those deals where the Buffs don't want to tip the Trojans to who they are going to face. I do expect Sefo - from what I hear - he is showing a good walking gait from observers. If I were you I wouldn't bet a fantasy assignment on Montez for this one (but, I could be wrong).

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll expect 7 wins with Montez playing . Sefo I don't have the same confidence honestly just hope he can get us to 7 wins.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC it is one of those deals where the Buffs don't want to tip the Trojans to who they are going to face. I do expect Sefo - from what I hear - he is showing a good walking gait from observers. If I were you I wouldn't bet a fantasy assignment on Montez for this one (but, I could be wrong).

Thanks- Yeah college football is terrible with injury news. Questionable to me often means OUT. I wish they did what the NFL did and have to have legit injury reports. Makes it hard on college fantasy football.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks- Yeah college football is terrible with injury news. Questionable to me often means OUT. I wish they did what the NFL did and have to have legit injury reports. Makes it hard on college fantasy football.

Coach Mac said Sefo got a few more reps with the 1st team at Monday's practice - again - unless Sefo has a re-injury - I expect Sefo to start.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok- Thanks for the update. Let me know if you hear anymore before tomorrow.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will do, but they are playing it like a game time decision.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Very typical of college teams to do. They aren't required to give accurate injury information so they use that to their advantage so the other team can't prepare. Usually don't find out until pre game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Very typical of college teams to do. They aren't required to give accurate injury information so they use that to their advantage so the other team can't prepare. Usually don't find out until pre game.

My guess is the Broncos do something similar this week with Siemian and Lynch. They won't announce a starter until later in the week to make the Falcons have to prepare for both.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the Broncos do something similar this week with Siemian and Lynch. They won't announce a starter until later in the week to make the Falcons have to prepare for both.

In preparing for both, what do you see as the biggest difference? Less experience for Paxton, so dial up more blitzes? Be more prepared for designed QB rollouts and bootlegs if Lynch is the starter? Beyond those two possibilities, I'm not sure how they would prepare differently from one to the other. I do think they believe that the Broncos are going to work very hard to get the running game going again. We need to run the ball better and stop the run on defense. If the Broncos can figure out those areas, they'll be incredibly tough to beat.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In preparing for both, what do you see as the biggest difference? Less experience for Paxton, so dial up more blitzes? Be more prepared for designed QB rollouts and bootlegs if Lynch is the starter? Beyond those two possibilities, I'm not sure how they would prepare differently from one to the other. I do think they believe that the Broncos are going to work very hard to get the running game going again. We need to run the ball better and stop the run on defense. If the Broncos can figure out those areas, they'll be incredibly tough to beat.

Well I would say the differences go beyond that...

1) Lynch with his athleticism could require them to be thinking about a spy. Helps out to blitz and get after him but helps to also keep him from getting outside the pocket so much where he is most dangerous.

2) Lynch is more of a deep ball threat. We saw on Sunday that he was not afraid to go deep early and often. So just understanding you probably need to leave a safety over the top more with Lynch than with Siemian who plays a more ball control short passing system. Yes Siemian had the 2 deep connections against the Bengals but that is not his game.

3) Honestly though at this point I think there is a lot of unknown about Lynch. We really didn't see a whole lot in the preseason and to me he has shown tremendous growth since then in the little we did see this past weekend.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but at least in the NFL you have to come out with an honest injury report.

College there will be players who you never know are hurt who won't play.

For instance Auburn RB Kamryn Pettway last week.

Had a great game the week before then suddenly a mysterious injury when nobody knew he would be out. (Or maybe he skipped class?) ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but at least in the NFL you have to come out with an honest injury report.

College there will be players who you never know are hurt who won't play.

For instance Auburn RB Kamryn Pettway last week.

Had a great game the week before then suddenly a mysterious injury when nobody knew he would be out. (Or maybe he skipped class?) ;)

Haha I get that. I am more talking Broncos can list Siemian as questionable. Well nobody really knows what that means. And even if they do announce who the starter is they won't do it until Friday when both teams are done practicing anyway. So they have to game plan for both no matter what.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am sort of surprised that more people don't list players as questionable even if they arent gonna play. I mean Patriots are good about doing that, but why not do it?

I know IR is a bit different but the weekly injury report......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am sort of surprised that more people don't list players as questionable even if they arent gonna play. I mean Patriots are good about doing that, but why not do it?

I know IR is a bit different but the weekly injury report......

Yeah I agree. I mean if they are going to be inactive anyway might as well make the opposition think something maybe is going to happen. I know this is a CU thread but really hoping that Green and Stephenson can finally return for the Broncos. The run game looked great until those 2 went down with injury. Coincidence?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll expect 7 wins with Montez playing . Sefo I don't have the same confidence honestly just hope he can get us to 7 wins.
Don't know if you have watched Sefo this year but he has played great ! He finally has the talent around him. He has thrown for over 700 yds, 7 tds I believe and just a couple interceptions. I'm rooting for this tough sob to have a great final year and then hand over reins to a very promising Montez.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you have watched Sefo this year but he has played great ! He finally has the talent around him. He has thrown for over 700 yds, 7 tds I believe and just a couple interceptions. I'm rooting for this tough sob to have a great final year and then hand over reins to a very promising Montez.

I have actually I like Montez better though but, if its Sefo fine. I just want 7 wins and a bowl game this year. I'm just glad we have vastly improved this season its been too long for Buff country to have a bad program.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually I like Montez better though but, if its Sefo fine. I just want 7 wins and a bowl game this year. I'm just glad we have vastly improved this season its been too long for Buff country to have a bad program.
That's what I don't get then if you've actually seen his games. He's been outstanding and all you have of Montez is vs Oregon St ( he didn't do much in previous game ). I like Montez future for sure though. Good sign for CU fans. :suds:.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. I mean if they are going to be inactive anyway might as well make the opposition think something maybe is going to happen. I know this is a CU thread but really hoping that Green and Stephenson can finally return for the Broncos. The run game looked great until those 2 went down with injury. Coincidence?
Yeah , then talk CU or go to Broncos Qb thread then ! Party crashers. :)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I don't get then if you've actually seen his games. He's been outstanding and all you have of Montez is vs Oregon St ( he didn't do much in previous game ). I like Montez future for sure though. Good sign for CU fans. :suds:.

I guess part of it is getting program on steady track for future and get experience for QB that will take reins past this season. Your right Sefo has played wellt. Yes it is great for CU fans having a QB in place you can win games with next year. I was thinking too far ahead too soon. :).

Last edited:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish Sefo hadn't gotten hurt in that Michigan game. That was a tough situation to toss Montez in, it's no surprise he struggled.