• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Silver and Jerry Colangelo sabotaged one of the franchises in their league and Josh Harris let them. Where do you go from there?
The Josh Harris let them is the real problem. That being said, most of Hinkie’s picks were whiffs. Nerlens Noel, MCW, Jah Okafor, Dario Saric. The whole thing has just been mismanaged throughout by numerous “leaders”.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Silver and Jerry Colangelo sabotaged one of the franchises in their league and Josh Harris let them. Whe,re do you go from there?

Yes and no.

Obviously, the Sixers did not invent tanking. But they did embrace it to the point of giving it a name and were public about it. They even appeared to keep top draft picks out with injury for longer than was required for the injury. They did this while the league was "publicly" trying to find ways to stop tanking.

Tanking is one of those things like "load management" that everyone does and the league will mostly look the other way as long as teams don't rub their nose in it.

I don't think they should have been punished to the point they were, but the Sixers brought it on themselves.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Josh Harris let them is the real problem. That being said, most of Hinkie’s picks were whiffs. Nerlens Noel, MCW, Jah Okafor, Dario Saric. The whole thing has just been mismanaged throughout by numerous “leaders”.

MCW and Saric at least were good enough assets to get something in return. Hinkie had this team in a position to really dominate the east, and then the 2017 and 2018 drafts happened.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Process failed and its failure has many owners.

Hinkie whiffed on a lot of the picks he accumulated. Colangelo then burned through the rest of the draft capital like Allen Iverson making it rain at a strip club. Then Morey thought he could win with Embiid by turning the Sixers into Houston East and seemingly forgot that Harden was older and Houston never won anything with a similar nucleus.

That's just the GMs.

Embiid was by far the biggest product of The Process, but he proved to be less than what was expected. He is now 29 years old and has never even been to a conference finals, much less won a ring. He's the Dak Prescott of the NBA and unlike Dak who still has many years ahead, he may be about to go downhill soon.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel dirty still defending the man but the media quote chop yesterday to take things out of context is real. He wasn’t throwing teammates under the bus. Here’s more context:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard to Philly.

3-team trade

PHI gets Dame
HOU gets Harden
POR gets Maxey, Korkmaz, KPJ and 24 1st (HOU via BKN)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard to Philly.

3-team trade

PHI gets Dame
HOU gets Harden
Not sure Philly is better without both Maxey and Harden, adding Dame.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard to Philly.

3-team trade

PHI gets Dame
HOU gets Harden
A couple of things:
- not sure you can do a three team deal in what would be a sign and trade
- Portland can do much better for Dame than Maxey and a single first in my opinion.

However, it’s apparent that if the Sixers want to continue on an Embiid path that it’s going to take a Killer like Dame that needs to be paired with him because Embiid can’t be your number 1 guy. He’s clearly not built like that.

Dame is the guy. But I don’t think the Sixers have enough to get it done. Their best would entail Maxey Harris (expiring contract with 39 mil of cap space for 2025) and I think they may have 2 firsts they can actually deal but they are into the future.

I think Dame will get cooperation from Portland in finding a destination he wants.
1) Does Dame even want Philly to work with Embiid?
2) Even if Dame wants Philly you would be asking Portland to do him a huge favor sending him to Philly because Philly doesn’t match up very well at all unless Portland loves Maxey.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Philly is better without both Maxey and Harden, adding Dame.
Probably not but Harden has forced his way out before. If he wants to go to Houston, Lillard is a good fit. Not likely to happen but if he forces his way out...Philly won't have many options but POR will want a good return

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not but Harden has forced his way out before. If he wants to go to Houston, Lillard is a good fit. Not likely to happen but if he forces his way out...Philly won't have many options but POR will want a good return
Point being they won't do it if that's the cost.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things:
- not sure you can do a three team deal in what would be a sign and trade
- Portland can do much better for Dame than Maxey and a single first in my opinion.

However, it’s apparent that if the Sixers want to continue on an Embiid path that it’s going to take a Killer like Dame that needs to be paired with him because Embiid can’t be your number 1 guy. He’s clearly not built like that.

Dame is the guy. But I don’t think the Sixers have enough to get it done. Their best would entail Maxey Harris (expiring contract with 39 mil of cap space for 2025) and I think they may have 2 firsts they can actually deal but they are into the future.

I think Dame will get cooperation from Portland in finding a destination he wants.
1) Does Dame even want Philly to work with Embiid?
2) Even if Dame wants Philly you would be asking Portland to do him a huge favor sending him to Philly because Philly doesn’t match up very well at all unless Portland loves Maxey.
The original offer was going to include Jalen Green but Houston would not do that.

All the rest of your points are certainly valid and I don't expect it to happen. I'm not sure Lillard would want to play with Embiid or even want out of Portland. Like I said earlier, what if Harden somehow forces his way out and Houston is his top choice. Slim pickings.

I don't know about the sign-and-trade with 3 teams...I think you are right so all this is BS

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harden wants Houston he doesn’t have to work with anyone else. They have some 47 million available in cap and that’s with all their cap holds. There really isn’t anything worth building with on their holds. They could free up even more space if need be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being they won't do it if that's the cost.
Philly wouldn't? Desperate times call for desperate measures. There will be less than a handful of teams and what return is better than Lillard. Now including Maxey is the key. Portland isn't trading Lillard for scraps.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harden wants Houston he doesn’t have to work with anyone else. They have some 47 million available in cap and that’s with all their cap holds. There really isn’t anything worth building with on their holds. They could free up even more space if need be.
I thought Harden is signed through next year?...if not, then forget this whole shitshow scenario

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly wouldn't? Desperate times call for desperate measures. There will be less than a handful of teams and what return is better than Lillard. Now including Maxey is the key. Portland isn't trading Lillard for scraps.
Knowing what I know and seeing what I see, I’d rather the Sixers sell now and hold on to Maxey. They call Harden’s bluff on the Houston shit knowing that he either has to
1) accept he will never win a ring and go to Houston to play out his hall of fame ringless career
2) Work a sign and trade to a contender looking for a PG that can get them 20 and 10.

Having him walk to Houston is a better option than running this back.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Philly isn't trading Harden and Maxey for Lillard.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was out to dinner for Mothers Day so I only say the first 10 minutes of the first quarter and I was not impressed and very scared for sure! Tatum stepped up big time as did the defense!

Wish it didn't have to go 7 but it did and the C's pulled it out

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may simply be that Embiid isn't a #1. It seems that he just hasn't been able to take that next step.

Good point about MJ. While it took a few years for him to get his 1st title, it wasn't because of his own play. He was still putting up elite numbers. Same with Lebron in his first stint in Cleveland. That's what #1's do.

Embiid hasn't done that. He has generally been pretty mediocre in the playoffs. And for him to throw his teammates under the bus after that loss also shows he may not be a #1. If I'm a Sixers fan, I'm as concerned about that as anything. That can have ramifications not only on the current roster but also on who they can get to join him.

Embiid is as much of a #1 as an old school center can be. I'd like to see them move to true point and shooting guards instead of a combo like Harden. Harden is still very ball dominant and the Sixers (like most teams) are much better when they keep the ball moving.

I'm not sure if building around Embiid with their current assets is easier than trading Embiid for more young assets and going in a different direction. It's not wise to be rash and make big decisions after an outlier disappointing game 7, but it's worth consideration.