• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a better player than Old Harden, along with Maxey, I think the team has a good shot at a true playoff run.

We had Butler, Tobias, JJ and a mentally stable Simmons in 2019 and still couldn't. But Embiid was terrible against Toronto. If he is simply avg that series we win it. The one common denominator in this whole run is him. He's come up small again and again.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Butler, Tobias, JJ and a mentally stable Simmons in 2019 and still couldn't. But Embiid was terrible against Toronto. If he is simply avg that series we win it. The one common denominator in this whole run is him. He's come up small again and again.
Cut him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn't make sense, obviously. But he's still been an avg postseason player. I certainly would explore trading him at this point. Probably not realistic though.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make sense, obviously. But he's still been an avg postseason player. I certainly would explore trading him at this point. Probably not realistic though.
I wouldn't say he had a bad post season. He was hurt, played pretty good without being in condition up until game 7. Yes he had a very bad game 7 offensively but he was still a defensive force until Boston grabbed the bull by the horns. It wasn't Embiid who lost the game it was a team loss as no one could make a shot in that 2nd half.

I know he can hit the three but I think they'd be better off keeping him under the basket and feed him lobs. The C went after that ball nearly every time he got his hands on it and today that led to a lot of turnovers.

If the 6ers fed a running Embiid like the C's often did with Williams the 6ers might still be playing.

I get it, it's easier for Williams to get free that way because teams aren't concentrating on him, but it allowed Williams to move into scoring position without the ball. Get a few 3 point shooters and it opens up down low for Embiid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron was able to beat the Celtics with a bunch of scraps...
Well it was Lebron. Brown and Tatum were younger. They have better depth now. Still Lebron willed his team to wins

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid can and most likely win a Championship or two in Philadelphia. I don't think it will happen with Harden on the team, they need him to opt out.
I’m not sure how you can say “most likely”. They had Jimmy Butler and as we can see he is a winner, just not with Philly. A lot of competition in the East and younger teams are getting better. They might but the C’s still haven’t won a title with their young core but they keep getting to ECF’s and the Finals breakthrough last year…Philly can’t even get to the ECF’s.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure how you can say “most likely”. They had Jimmy Butler and as we can see he is a winner, just not with Philly. A lot of competition in the East and younger teams are getting better. They might but the C’s still haven’t won a title with their young core but they keep getting to ECF’s and the Finals breakthrough last year…Philly can’t even get to the ECF’s.
I think Embiid is great, he can't do it on his own, as for having Butler they were together one year, stat wise one of Butlers worse.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aqua teen hunger force television GIF

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice one "lawjikman".

The league "made a call".

That's what you're going with?

Between the Sixers fans and the retards that never post during the regular season...I had almost forgotten what crybabies Celtics fans are.
Looks like you are getting prepped for next series. Well done

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do it on his own? He was a no show last night lol. What are you talking about?
Embiid can’t skirt blame on this. There’s too much playoff data now. He’s not Him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are like the Cowboys, regular season frauds pretending to be competing for rings, but not really built for that. Yes, Harden will be gone, and Harris will be gone, and Doc will be gone. But none of those guys appear to be the root of the issue. The root of the issue at this point is clear: you cannot win a ring with Joel Embiid as your #1. He's too injury prone, and he comes up short in the playoffs. Time to move on. No, you may not be able to get full value, but his value is likely to only go down from here, so get the most you can.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are like the Cowboys, regular season frauds pretending to be competing for rings, but not really built for that. Yes, Harden will be gone, and Harris will be gone, and Doc will be gone. But none of those guys appear to be the root of the issue. The root of the issue at this point is clear: you cannot win a ring with Joel Embiid as your #1. He's too injury prone, and he comes up short in the playoffs. Time to move on. No, you may not be able to get full value, but his value is likely to only go down from here, so get the most you can.

Yeah, this is a hot take.

And it is wrong.

The 6ers have not been able to win a ring with Embiid. And he hasn’t been his absolute best in the playoffs.

But the supporting cast for this team was deeply flawed. And despite that, the 6ers were 1 win from the ECF and most likely the NBA Finals.

So easy to say that a player “can’t win” because they haven’t.

But people said the same things about Jordan before he won.

No matter how great a player is, they need the right supporting pieces. Philly does not have that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it is wrong.

The 6ers have not been able to win a ring with Embiid. And he hasn’t been his absolute best in the playoffs.

But the supporting cast for this team was deeply flawed. And despite that, the 6ers were 1 win from the ECF and most likely the NBA Finals.

No matter how great a player is, they need the right supporting pieces. Philly does not have that.
I’ve seen nothing of Joel Embiid in the playoffs to establish him as a killer like Jordan was. You can reference some 50 point efforts by Jordan along the way. Him going toe to toe with the Bad Boy Pistons but his team not having enough around him. The supporting cast keeps changing and yet the one constant among the players is Embiid. Maybe Embiid does have a championship player lurking inside him. I think it’s time to recognize that if he does have that, he’s not reaching that potential in Philly. Both the player and the organization need a change.

The problem here is that even when Embiid were to be traded the Sixers can’t trade the ownership group that has failed time and time again to hire the right decision makers.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully enough GMs still think like @tlance that Philly can actually get a good return for Embiid before he inevitably breaks down like most big men.

When you combine his injury history with his now well-documented shortcomings in the playoffs, it makes sense to trade Embiid while he still has value. He's never winning a ring in Philly. Efforts to build a supporting cast around him have failed and he himself has repeatedly gotten hurt and come up small. That's the bottom line.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And it is wrong.

The 2019 team had Butler, JJ, Tobias and Simmons, who was a top 15/20 player. Go back and look at that series. Embiid was atrocious. He avg 18 ppg on 37% shooting from the field. Had more TO's than assists. In game 7 he was 6/18 from the field. Kawhi avg just under 35 ppg that series. Embiid has come up short numerous times, in big spots. If you trade Jokic and Embiid, Philly has probably made a finals, and multiple ECF's IMO.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully enough GMs still think like @tlance that Philly can actually get a good return for Embiid before he inevitably breaks down like most big men.

When you combine his injury history with his now well-documented shortcomings in the playoffs, it makes sense to trade Embiid while he still has value. He's never winning a ring in Philly. Efforts to build a supporting cast around him have failed and he himself has repeatedly gotten hurt and come up small. That's the bottom line.
Here’s my order of operations:
1) Fire Doc and Morey on the same day in the same press conference.
2) New front office works on sign and trade for Harden.
3) They shop the Tobias Harris expiring deal to try and bring back role players.
4) You need to be patient and shop Embiid. You need a young star and you need 4-5 first round picks. You can’t lose this deal. The Embiid asset is the key to their rebuild.