• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until there is some type of technology assist that basically takes the human element out of officiating, this will happen.

There is no way to review non-calls under the current rules.

Fair, but you would think they have the technology to do it now.

Also, what is the incentive for refs to get the right calls. If they ref a horrible game, does that matter? Is it just on to the next one. They should have a reward system for getting calls right more often.

JimBob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to get into titles but two things:
A. Harden’s experience as an offensive player makes him the only candidate on this team to run the offense.
B. Maxey is in a position to play make every night out but watch him drive. He doesn’t drive with his head up looking to make a play. He drives with his head down already having decided to finish at the rim. Look at the rim defense of him last night and the biggest reason he was 4-16. The defense knows they can come off their man because he’s already decided he isn’t passing. I don’t think your PG should be a guy who can’t play make.
Agreed. That was the drawback for Iverson as well. He was looking to shoot first

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, but you would think they have the technology to do it now.

Also, what is the incentive for refs to get the right calls. If they ref a horrible game, does that matter? Is it just on to the next one. They should have a reward system for getting calls right more often.

Of course They do.

Officials get graded.

Best officials get the best assignments.

Weaker crews don’t get playoff games at all.

And the worst get replaced.

Even if they didn’t have those things in place, nobody wants to blow a call in a national TV playoff game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Tatum pushed off? Good thing Philly won but thats a call you cant miss. Clear push off to create space and give him the open and go ahead 3
Mskings doesn't watch the games. He just likes to bitch about the people bitching about the refs.

Here is Doc dunking on clowns like mskings:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t do that.

If the defender has to be set for a full second, a charge would never happen.

Already enough rules favoring offense. Take away charges and it would just get stupid. That is like the one thing defense has to keep the offense honest.
It's not really defense if you slide right in front of a moving player with no intention of going after the ball.

At least be standing straight up and don't let them slide in.
Though Smart had his feet set, he was still moving.
We're just going to see more collisions and more injuries.

Pretty sure they don't want that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course They do.

Officials get graded.

Best officials get the best assignments.

Weaker crews don’t get playoff games at all.

And the worst get replaced.

Even if they didn’t have those things in place, nobody wants to blow a call in a national TV playoff game.
Holy shit you are saying the same garbage you said last time the refs fucked up a game. Just handwave it away. Embarrassing lack of accountability by you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, and I use that term loosely, that’s an automatic review regardless.
He did as much as he could reasonably do at the time. The problem is they don't have it as a goal to call a fair game. They have it as a goal to make sure Philly earns it. I can speculate as why, but it's not important.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bad take.

Can’t get rid of charges.
You can get rid of the marcus smart style charges if you call it right. I guess that's not an option to you.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to the 1998 Utah Jazz

And let's just keep posting about a thing that didn't get called and didn't change the outcome and can't be undone and has nothing to do with enjoying the game. Refs refs refs, so interesting!
Has everything to do with enjoying the game. Call it without a narrative in mind. Just call the game itself. Easy in concept, hard in practice for the league to deny their own power to determine outcomes.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has everything to do with enjoying the game. Call it without a narrative in mind. Just call the game itself. Easy in concept, hard in practice for the league to deny their own power to determine outcomes.
Whatever calls they miss or don't miss, they aren't doing a 'narrative'. Such a childish take.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get rid of the marcus smart style charges if you call it right. I guess that's not an option to you.

When did I say that?

Shouldn’t be able to slide under a player who is in the air.

But also not fair to say that the defender has to be completely set. That would basically eliminate the possibility of taking an on ball charge.

If the offense initiates the contact and the defender takes it in the chest, it is a charge. Defender does not have to be “set” to beat the offensive player to the spot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit you are saying the same garbage you said last time the refs fucked up a game. Just handwave it away. Embarrassing lack of accountability by you.

They missed a call. It didn’t impact the result of the game.

Officials are accountable. And I am not handwavjng anything. I am advocating to change the system to make it less dependent on humans reffing an impossible hard game.

If only you were accountable for the ridiculous garbage you spew on this site.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say that?

Shouldn’t be able to slide under a player who is in the air.

But also not fair to say that the defender has to be completely set. That would basically eliminate the possibility of taking an on ball charge.

If the offense initiates the contact and the defender takes it in the chest, it is a charge. Defender does not have to be “set” to beat the offensive player to the spot.

If you're the third man running in when you do it then clearly you didn't have that space. Whatever specific words you want to write in the rulebook should produce the right outcome.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed a call. It didn’t impact the result of the game.

Officials are accountable. And I am not handwavjng anything. I am advocating to change the system to make it less dependent on humans reffing an impossible hard game.

If only you were accountable for the ridiculous garbage you spew on this site.
It's not as hard as they make it. It's not as hard as they pretend it is. Just call it even. You can't have one team getting away with weak shit and the other team not.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as hard as they make it. It's not as hard as they pretend it is. Just call it even. You can't have one team getting away with weak shit and the other team not.
That doesn't happen. You are just a homer who thinks they always call it unfairly for YOUR team.