• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest story is the refs and the sixers getting lucky.

You didn't see the ref put his hands up trying to call the game for the celtics. You didn't see the game.
LOL

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn't see the ref put his hands up trying to call the game for the celtics. You didn't see the game.
Dude, and I use that term loosely, that’s an automatic review regardless.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NBA is an "entertainment" business for a reason. Be glad you weren't Miami in game 2, or GS yesterday lol

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, and I use that term loosely, that’s an automatic review regardless.
Yeah, in that moment, where it's maybe a half second delay, the ref is watching the shot to look for a foul and then looks at the red square on the basket. I'm ok with that, because as you said, it would get reviewed regardless.

The Embiid offensive foul and the Tatum pushoff on Maxey, well, we can have that debate......

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, in that moment, where it's maybe a half second delay, the ref is watching the shot to look for a foul and then looks at the red square on the basket. I'm ok with that, because as you said, it would get reviewed regardless.

The Embiid offensive foul and the Tatum pushoff on Maxey, well, we can have that debate......
The Embiid is bang bang but I didn’t like it either. The Tatum push off was horrible though.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Embiid is bang bang but I didn’t like it either. The Tatum push off was horrible though.
Wouldn't be surprised if the NBA changes the block/charge rule, especially after seeing Giannis get hurt like that.
I would like to see the defender set for a full second or extend the area out a bit more.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The push off was a horrible miss. 2 minute report is lying their ass off if they say that wasn't missed. Does Maxey have to fall down before they'll call anything?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised if the NBA changes the block/charge rule, especially after seeing Giannis get hurt like that.
I would like to see the defender set for a full second or extend the area out a bit more.
I think all they can do is move the circle out a bit more

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should honestly just get rid of it. Standing in someones landing space and falling over is pretty lame in general.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all can't even enjoy a great playoff game without bitching about the refs

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My
Fucking
Heart

Was saying to my wife all game that the game had a weird feel like the Celtics are just laying in wait. I thought Embiid closed like a pussy. I love PJ Tucker for screaming in his ear and you got a better Embiid in OT. Sixers teams past go full retard in this spot blowing a 16 point lead. Or they blow it in OT. Not sure if philosophically Joe Mazz is a let them play organically to close guy or if he’s a young coach who doesn’t want to make the call and draw the play up. He had two spots and both times they settle for Marcus Smart jumpers. Thank God that came out of his hand late.

I feel good that Sixers are 2–1 in close games in this series. If you told me they’d be 2-2 going back to Boston, I was a Celtics in 5 guy so I have to be pleased. But it’s hard to remove yourself from what you saw. They missed a golden opportunity in Game 3 to have a strangle hold on this series. Then again…you observe two straight 4Qs where the Celtics out played the Sixers in Philly. And then you’re right back at being lucky to be 2-2.

I have to give Doc Rivers and his staff or the players for changing up to that side pick and roll. They seemed to get better action off of that early and then the use of their base top of the key pick and roll late in the game was better after they established side pick and roll. I’m glad Embiid made the right pass with that late possession and didn’t force something. I’m glad the action that was run had James locked into the two man game with him. I bang on Doc but I have to give him credit with him getting them back off the mat after Game 3.

Really wish the Sixers had closed this game better in the 4Q to have brought some momentum back up to Boston.

On the calls at the end of the game, I think Smart is sliding but I can’t really bitch about that ruling. It’s a really close play. Good on Smart for flopping. The whole league knows what he’s doing there in closing out games. He does it in every Sixers game. And to his credit he sells the shit like an academy award winner and gets that call more often than he doesn’t.

How do you watch that 50/50 kind of review on the Embiid play and then let Tatum get away with that open court push off? Hard to bitch though because I thought the Sixers were gifted a nice first half whistle being allowed to reach in the lane with action that is generally an auto call.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all can't even enjoy a great playoff game without bitching about the refs
You don't think Tatum pushed off? Good thing Philly won but thats a call you cant miss. Clear push off to create space and give him the open and go ahead 3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think Tatum pushed off? Good thing Philly won but thats a call you cant miss. Clear push off to create space and give him the open and go ahead 3

Full extension too. They've said for at least 2 years now, maybe more, that a point of emphasis was suppose to be an extension of the forearm is an automatic offensive foul.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he did, they miss calls all the time. And that's all we talk about.

Should we discuss MJ pushing off Bryon Russell?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Embiid has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that, depsite all his tremendous God-given ability, he does NOT have that dog in him. Even after Tucker had to get in his ass, he was still passing off the ball to teammates in the clutch
Agree with 4Q Embiid but OT Embiid is the player you expect. His pass to Harden is the winning play instead of forcing up a double.

And credit to James Harden. Much of the talk this time last year was on Harden having no catch and shoot rhythm. It wasn’t ever anything he worked because everywhere he’s been he’s been on ball. That was a big piece of what he worked on this summer.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full extension too. They've said for at least 2 years now, maybe more, that a point of emphasis was suppose to be an extension of the forearm is an automatic offensive foul.

They also said they didn't like players jumping into players and swinging their hands in unatural shooting positions, but players have been doing this all playoffs lol

They seem to just make shit up and then ref how ever they feel like it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he did, they miss calls all the time. And that's all we talk about.

Should we discuss MJ pushing off Bryon Russell?
Yes because this wasn't a push off in the 2nd quarter. That was a game winner possibly in the final minute or so of overtime in a 2-1 conference semi finals. It is a fucking crucial missed call

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because this wasn't a push off in the 2nd quarter. That was a game winner possibly in the final minute or so of overtime in a 2-1 conference semi finals. It is a fucking crucial missed call
Tell that to the 1998 Utah Jazz

And let's just keep posting about a thing that didn't get called and didn't change the outcome and can't be undone and has nothing to do with enjoying the game. Refs refs refs, so interesting!