• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Conference Semifinals: 1) Denver Nuggets vs. 4) Phoenix Suns

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ishbia did anything wrong holding the ball.
There was no reason for Jokic to try and get it.
If anything, Ishbia was probably baiting him.

As a true neutral fan, I don't think Jokic should be suspended.
But, he should be stripped of his MVPs and they should be given to the next person with the most votes......
If he’s not suspended the NBA is going away from their own precedent. If this is Draymond or this is Pat Bev or this is Dillon Brooks it isn’t even a debate. Everybody anticipates a suspension.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see if the league has the balls to follow their precedent. I don’t think they will based upon how important Jokic is to the Nuggets.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see if the league has the balls to follow their precedent. I don’t think they will based upon how important Jokic is to the Nuggets.
Owner initiated contact and put his hand on jokic first. Also holding the ball and delaying play. He should have been ejected.

They clearly didn't treat him like a regular fan either because if that's anyone of us on here, we are immediately ejected

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owner initiated contact and put his hand on jokic first.
Makes zero difference in these things.
Also holding the ball and delaying play. He should have been ejected.
Fine. And he should be fined for his actions and don’t allow him to sit court side anymore. The NBA has this covered. The officials are tasked with retrieving the ball not a player for just this reason. You don’t want players going into the crowd and having this interaction. This interaction is a suspension every time based on precedent.
They clearly didn't treat him like a regular fan either because if that's anyone of us on here, we are immediately ejected
I agree with that. Like I said, fine him and make him sit in a suite for the rest of the playoffs.

It’s not a sound defense of Jokic’s actions for you to spend 3/4 of this post on the Suns owner. Don’t worry about it. The NBA will go back on their precedent here. They don’t have the balls to suspend him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA won’t do anything though.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny they leave out Jokic pushed off after Ishbia put his hands on him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny they leave out Jokic pushed off after Ishbia put his hands on him.
Doesn’t matter. Ishbia should be fined and subjected to the suite for the rest of the playoffs. I wouldn’t worry. The league doesn’t have the balls to follow their own precedent. He pushed a fan. There should be no debate. That’s a suspension.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they suspend him…

The conspiracy theorists will burn the world * twitter *.
They won’t. That will be the Twitter story. You’ll hear names like Draymond Brooks Bev etc…who this would have been an auto suspension for. The league doesn’t have the balls to suspend him. They’ll use Ishbia’s actions as the stated excuse for why a player can put hands on someone in the crowd and not get a suspension.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Joker.

I don't think using what would happen if it were Draymond, Pat Bev or Brooks applies because they are known for that kind of crap. It's their m.o.

That's not the case with Jokic.

I think the fact that Ishbia is the Suns owner will be factored in as well. Owners are supposed to be held to a higher standard and as others have pointed out, if it's a regular fan...they're ejected.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think using what would happen if it were Draymond, Pat Bev or Brooks applies because they are known for that kind of crap. It's their m.o.

I think the fact that Ishbia is the Suns owner will be factored in as well. Owners are supposed to be held to a higher standard and as others have pointed out, if it's a regular fan...they're ejected.
Nope. The real reason is that the league won’t suspend a guy who just went off for 53 because of all the media flak they’ll receive. Jokic pushed a civilian in the crowd. That’s a suspension. It’s always been a suspension. But the league doesn’t have the balls to follow their own precedent.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't be suspended.
Wrong. He pushed a guy in the crowd. You put hands on a fan and that’s a suspension. It’s the official’s job to retrieve the ball. Jokic can’t grab the ball from a fan. The Suns owner was wrong. So was Jokic.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Jokic put one of the Morris twins out of action for like 60+ games with a dirty play.