• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Wheat out of Winnipeg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were only willing to do it for a centre. They're pretty comfortable on the wings, especially if they can move Domi out there.

Nabbing an RFA C could've given them some combo of RFA C - Kotkaniemi - Danault down the middle which is actually pretty impressive if Kotka can take a leap and Suzuki cracks the roster. Throw in Suzuki maybe making the team either as another C option or at the wing and have an offensive option they can maybe move for a defensive upgrade after missing out on Gardiner and that's actually a pretty terrifying lineup.

I do not mind any of the failed moves if they had worked out, but honestly I prefer another 'rebuild' year with some of the young players. I want to see more of Poehling and want to see Suzuki.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not mind any of the failed moves if they had worked out, but honestly I prefer another 'rebuild' year with some of the young players. I want to see more of Poehling and want to see Suzuki.
I guess in Bergevin's mind are two things - 1) Price & Weber getting a year older, and 2) another missed playoffs would be 3 in a row and 4 in 5 years and that would probably be it for him in Montreal.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in Bergevin's mind are two things - 1) Price & Weber getting a year older, and 2) another missed playoffs would be 3 in a row and 4 in 5 years and that would probably be it for him in Montreal.
With the patience of the fans and media in Montreal? Yeah, you're probably right.....

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This blue line could be going from one of the best top 4's to worst in one summer.

Winnipeg Jets D Dustin Byfuglien believed to be weighing future amid leave - TSN.ca

Faulk to the Peg makes sense. How about Faulk for the rights to Laine? Kill two birds with one stone as it were. Maybe some extra pieces would be needed but the concept seems like it could be a win-win.

/just looked at the Canes cap situation. Nvm.
// wonder if the Canes are still happy about wasting $6.25M of cap space on Marleau. Is one low-first round pick worth it?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faulk to the Peg makes sense. How about Faulk for the rights to Laine? Kill two birds with one stone as it were. Maybe some extra pieces would be needed but the concept seems like it could be a win-win.

// wonder if the Canes are still happy about wasting $6.25M of cap space on Marleau. Is one low-first round pick worth it?

Jackets in a position to capitalize. Murray or Savard for Laine's rights. We'll give em Wennberg too if they send back Roslovic.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is I don't think Laine's going to come in all that expensive. If there was any RFA forward for whom a bridge made absolute sense it was him.

That said, Faulk has an NTC and I'm pretty positive Winnipeg will be on it and I don't think he'd waive it for the right contract unless that contract was, like, crazy rich.

I don't know how a Buff retirement would affect his cap hit but let's say it gets wiped out, their best move is to sign both RFA's and wait for a team with good defence and scoring troubles to come calling.

//It was when they had cap space. Good deadline currency. They would have to make other roster moves now to fit anything decent so that's kind of out the window.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, Faulk has an NTC and I'm pretty positive Winnipeg will be on it
Or not...

Figure they'd want an extension with him anyway though if they're giving up anything good.

That extra first rounder could come in handy too if it comes down to Winnipeg having to take a salary from the Canes to make the trade work. It would be ironic as shit but handy nevertheless.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look out Winnipeg, Laine will still be in Finland next week :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess blind squirrel Dreger may have found a nut.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want a good laugh, check out the names of the Jets blueliners for tonight's game. At least you'll feel better about your team.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want a good laugh, check out the names of the Jets blueliners for tonight's game. At least you'll feel better about your team.
By the way, you're a fool if you don't back that truck up and load up on the Pens in this one.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, you're a fool if you don't back that truck up and load up on the Pens in this one.

If I lose my brother-in-law's cucumber farm, there will be hell to pay.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMJR: Hey Chevy, I see you are short some D men. We have some injuries up front, so-
Chevy: Don't say Jack Johnson
GMJR ... But
Chevy: NO

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I lose my brother-in-law's cucumber farm, there will be hell to pay.
Don’t worry, the windshield may have some wear and tear and a couple of cracks but it can still take down the bugs.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the snowstorm and still plenty of people without power might be a pretty big factor in the sellout streak ending.