• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were two good signings by Lou, the Kadri dollars make it quite easy to move him if it doesn't work out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can get something decent for Bozak now. I know AZ offered a second rounder last year. I'd take that again.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were two good signings by Lou, the Kadri dollars make it quite easy to move him if it doesn't work out.

Kadri is eligible for NTC starting in 2017-18

do they make the decision on him by next trade deadline or draft?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it depends on if the Leafs are competitive next season. I honestly have no clue what this team will look like or how strong they will be next season.

UFA day could do a ton. And if Babcock gives some kids a shot. In the Jackets/Leafs debacle game, they were comparing the AHL teams. Marlies are first overall and the Monsters are (or were) fifth. Some bright futures for both clubs, provided they don't mortgage the farm filling the holes they've created for themselves. I have more faith that Lou will play it cool than I have that Jarmo will.

I just hop Kadri plays a great season, long enough to earn that NTC.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFA day could do a ton. And if Babcock gives some kids a shot. In the Jackets/Leafs debacle game, they were comparing the AHL teams. Marlies are first overall and the Monsters are (or were) fifth. Some bright futures for both clubs, provided they don't mortgage the farm filling the holes they've created for themselves. I have more faith that Lou will play it cool than I have that Jarmo will.

I just hop Kadri plays a great season, long enough to earn that NTC.
If he spends his summer working on his shot and it gets somewhere, it will be a steal.

If not, well, still not as bad as Grabovski's deal was.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing this likely means is that the Leafs will have to make some trades now to make room for Stamkos.
One thing I neglected to mention is that with all the guys likely to be LTIR (Horton, Lupul, Robidas) the Leafs will actually still have $25.5 mil to spend against the cap before trades, and only Corrado Marincin and Holland as significant UFA's. They also have Cowen's buyout cap credit. They're still good.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can get something decent for Bozak now. I know AZ offered a second rounder last year. I'd take that again.

Where'd you see that? I don't remember hearing that but yeah, I'd do that in a heart beat.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he spends his summer working on his shot and it gets somewhere, it will be a steal.

If not, well, still not as bad as Grabovski's deal was.

I'm going to say that even if he never becomes any better than he is right now, it's still a huge fucking steal.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where'd you see that? I don't remember hearing that but yeah, I'd do that in a heart beat.
I could've sworn Friedman wrote it in a 30 but I just googled it and couldn't find it.

It was follwed by a quote from a GM who said "if that's the case, I can't believe they didn't do the deal".

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say that even if he never becomes any better than he is right now, it's still a huge fucking steal.
I mean, comparing it to what guys like Abdelkader and Dubinsky got, I'd agree with that.

But if he's the 2nd line centre long-term, he needs to score more cap hit be damned. I know his sh% this year was more exception than rule for his career, but he needs to get that right and fast.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, comparing it to what guys like Abdelkader and Dubinsky got, I'd agree with that.

But if he's the 2nd line centre long-term, he needs to score more cap hit be damned. I know his sh% this year was more exception than rule for his career, but he needs to get that right and fast.

If he's on the 2nd line long term he won't be playing against top units every night and he presumably won't be playing with plugs like Komarov and Grabner. His scoring will probably be fine.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's on the 2nd line long term he won't be playing against top units every night and he presumably won't be playing with plugs like Komarov and Grabner. His scoring will probably be fine.
True, but his shooting percentage isn't entirely attributable to bad teammates.

He also needs to stop acting like a twit. Now.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can keep acting the way he does as long as he's filling the net. Look at Marchand in Boston this season for a good example.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's also not entirely attributable to his shooting ability suddenly and mysteriously going south either I don't think. Although I know that Steve Simmons knows an "unnamed scout" who says it is... :wink:.