• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-2 last night from Kadri after saying Jack Eichel "needs to improve defensively", including at least one goal that was entirely his fault (I stopped watching after the first).

Next time, keep your stupid mouth shut.

And stay on your feet.

#Leafs' Nazem Kadri fined $5,000 for diving. That's his third separate fine and means it's his fifth offense.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And stay on your feet.

#Leafs' Nazem Kadri fined $5,000 for diving. That's his third separate fine and means it's his fifth offense.
Seriously. Babcock and all the media/fans here bitching about him not getting calls. Ummm, maybe the dipshit should quit trying out for Barcelona?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Cox: Oh he mad.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin2m2 minutes ago
Love a league that fines a player for diving when he gets slashed simultaneously by two players in the back of the legs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Cox: Oh he mad.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin2m2 minutes ago
Love a league that fines a player for diving when he gets slashed simultaneously by two players in the back of the legs.
I agree with him (that was some bullshit by a little wiener and his talentless big bro) but, like, 4th time. If you grow that sort of rep for yourself this is the result.

Camman, you embarrass yourself!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Younger guys must shake their head at this clown in the locker room. I bet your sick of him as well.
I honestly have no idea. It does seem like he had at least a few friends in the room (I know he was part of the group that went for dinner with Celine when he returned) but I doubt anyone's looking up to him.

I wouldn't say sick, per se, because he's still a pretty good hockey player. He's just...dumb. Really dumb. And I'd rather he be dumb elsewhere.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Clune has been recalled from the AHL and will take the spot of the suspended Nazem Kadri. Mike Babcock describes it as a reward for Clune's work with the Marlies this season. "He looked after our kids down there and kept the flies off them," the coach noted. - TSN

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This statement was approved by the "Auston Matthews to Toronto 2016" SuperPAC
One more loss and at worst they're picking fifth and more likely (considering Edmonton will be picking first) picking fourth, meaning they get their pick of the litter.

I don't know if whoever they select will be with the team next season but I am excited as all hell for October.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more loss and at worst they're picking fifth and more likely (considering Edmonton will be picking first) picking fourth, meaning they get their pick of the litter.

I don't know if whoever they select will be with the team next season but I am excited as all hell for October.

Things are indeed looking up. Everything needs work to be sure, but finally some young talent on the way.

I can see a Leaf taking home the Calder in 16-17 (first time in 51 years). Just not sure exactly who just yet.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are indeed looking up. Everything needs work to be sure, but finally some young talent on the way.

I can see a Leaf taking home the Calder in 16-17 (first time in 51 years). Just not sure exactly who just yet.
If we anticipate Matthews having a similar debut season to Jack Eichel or slightly better, it's possible Nylander could compete with him for it.

I couldn't care less though. The last Calder winner the Leafs had on the roster was Andrew Raycroft and, well, :gaah:.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we anticipate Matthews having a similar debut season to Jack Eichel or slightly better, it's possible Nylander could compete with him for it.

I couldn't care less though. The last Calder winner the Leafs had on the roster was Andrew Raycroft and, well, :gaah:.

Agreed. It has been so long since a Leaf had any League hardware though. Big picture, yeah, doesn't mean anything really.

What surprised me was scanning the Calder winner list. Not exactly a guarantee of anything. Particularly when you hand it to a goalie. The last 3 goalies to win the Calder: Mason, Raycroft and Nabokov. For every Ovi, Malkin or Kane winner, there is a Myers, Skinner or Jackman.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babs want to eliminate the salary cap in the NHL.

We have a salary cap, do we not?” he said. “So, if there was no salary cap, the Toronto Maple Leafs could go out and spend as much money as they wanted, could they not? And as long as you made the money you could spend it.

“Now, I like that. That’s my political background. That’s what I believe in in life, but that’s not the way the league is run. So let’s fix that first and then we can get into the draft.”

Babcock thinks Leafs should be able to spend more money - Sportsnet.ca

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets compromise. Each year a team misses the playoffs they get an extra 3% of the upcoming cap they can exceed. Give those teams who miss the playoffs the extra incentive to spend more to get better or for the shitty GM's a longer rope to hang themselves with.

And make it cumulative with a three year limit - let say 3% of the cap this year is 2 million - if a team doesn't exceed the salary cap in year one after missing the playoffs they can accumulate this credit in their salary cap bank and use it next year if they miss the playoffs - if they make the playoffs next year they lose the credit but offset that with playoff revenue.

So in theory, a team that misses the playoffs for three season in a row and doesn't use their banked up credit until after the third season would be allowed to spend 3% of the prior 3 season's caps respectively above the upcoming year's cap. This could potentially mean an extra 6-8 million dollars they could exceed the cap and get that high priced free agent who wants to come home or lock up a couple of guys coming off entry level deals long term. That's some words of wisdom for you right there.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this esls, I'm sure you've been called plenty of names in your life, but you are definitely no forum pigeon.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets compromise. Each year a team misses the playoffs they get an extra 3% of the upcoming cap they can exceed. Give those teams who miss the playoffs the extra incentive to spend more to get better or for the shitty GM's a longer rope to hang themselves with.

And make it cumulative with a three year limit - let say 3% of the cap this year is 2 million - if a team doesn't exceed the salary cap in year one after missing the playoffs they can accumulate this credit in their salary cap bank and use it next year if they miss the playoffs - if they make the playoffs next year they lose the credit but offset that with playoff revenue.

So in theory, a team that misses the playoffs for three season in a row and doesn't use their banked up credit until after the third season would be allowed to spend 3% of the prior 3 season's caps respectively above the upcoming year's cap. This could potentially mean an extra 6-8 million dollars they could exceed the cap and get that high priced free agent who wants to come home or lock up a couple of guys coming off entry level deals long term. That's some words of wisdom for you right there.
Along the lines of what I was suggesting to get teams to stop tanking. Not a bad plan at all.