• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time we found out what Brown can do for you Leaf fans.

This may shock, but I scoured the Net and could not find a picture of a UPS truck transporting the Stanley Cup through downtown Toronto :scratch::noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder how difficult negotiating with Kadri is going to be. How much is Lou gonna hold that 5% shooting percentage against him?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Leafs become the first team mathematically eliminated from the NHL playoffs...
within about an hour of the Marlies becoming the first team to clinch an AHL spot

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs become the first team mathematically eliminated from the NHL playoffs...
within about an hour of the Marlies becoming the first team to clinch an AHL spot
All the call ups can go back down to the A once the season ends, right?

Half the Marlies are on the Leafs' roster right now.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the call ups can go back down to the A once the season ends, right?

Half the Marlies are on the Leafs' roster right now.

Everyone on the Marlies roster at 3 pm on deadline day can go back down. This is the list of eligible Marlies as far as I know

# PLAYER POSITION
1 Antoine Bibeau G
2 Andrew Campbell D
3 T.J. Brennan D
4 Jared Cowen D
6 Scott Harrington D
10 Stuart Percy D
11 Zach Hyman RW
14 Josh Leivo RW
16 Sam Carrick C
17 Richard Clune LW
19 Brendan Leipsic LW
20 Tobias Lindberg RW
23 Frederik Gauthier C
25 James Martin D
27 David Kolomatis D
28 Mark Arcobello C
29 Connor Brown RW
32 Alex Stalock G
36 Brett Findlay LW
37 Colin Smith C
38 John Kurtz LW
39 Matt Frattin RW
40 Garret Sparks G
41 Justin Holl D
42 Kasperi Kapanen RW
49 Justin Johnson RW
50 Viktor Loov D
61 Rinat Valiev D
62 William Nylander C
90 Nikita Soshnikov LW

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on the Marlies roster at 3 pm on deadline day can go back down. This is the list of eligible Marlies as far as I know

# PLAYER POSITION
1 Antoine Bibeau G
2 Andrew Campbell D
3 T.J. Brennan D
4 Jared Cowen D
6 Scott Harrington D
10 Stuart Percy D
11 Zach Hyman RW
14 Josh Leivo RW
16 Sam Carrick C
17 Richard Clune LW
19 Brendan Leipsic LW
20 Tobias Lindberg RW
23 Frederik Gauthier C
25 James Martin D
27 David Kolomatis D
28 Mark Arcobello C
29 Connor Brown RW
32 Alex Stalock G
36 Brett Findlay LW
37 Colin Smith C
38 John Kurtz LW
39 Matt Frattin RW
40 Garret Sparks G
41 Justin Holl D
42 Kasperi Kapanen RW
49 Justin Johnson RW
50 Viktor Loov D
61 Rinat Valiev D
62 William Nylander C
90 Nikita Soshnikov LW

That list is pasted from pensionplanpuppets.com, just in case

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell Steve Simmons but Nylander looks pretty NHL- ready. Obviously he's made some major changes in the last couple of days and that's why.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Rob Ford - 46 is way way too young.

Rob Ford, former Toronto mayor, dead at 46
Guess it makes more sense here.

Only people I really feel bad for are his kids. He was a racist, misogynist prick who held up important development in this city for 4 entire years and made us look like shit on an international level.

And, back to the kids, they have to live with his antics and bullshit for the rest of their lives.

The world isn't losing anybody special in Rob Ford.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BBB feels the same way about Rob Ford as the majority of Blackhawks fans felt when 'Dollar' Bill Wirtz passed away.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rob Ford was Toronto's version of Ralph Klein, just a little larger and bombastic.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BBB feels the same way about Rob Ford as the majority of Blackhawks fans felt when 'Dollar' Bill Wirtz passed away.
He did very few favours for the city as a whole, and I do care about where I live.

If I did have to pay a compliment, he was a pretty hands-on and open councillor prior to becoming mayor. He gave out his personal number to constituents, tended to the smallest of matters. It was that reputation that got him elected to begin with. I think there's something to be said for that kind of grassroots politicking that you don't see very often.

But he was an epic kind of disaster as mayor.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice reminder that these guys aren't just robots built for our entertainment, and that some of them can be pretty great guys. Good on Grabner. Life isn't all shorthanded breakaways.

GDT: Leafs @ Cats

Michael Grabner is an awesome human being.
So, seeing as how Grabner scored, I thought I would share an amazing experience I had on his behalf. I normally just lurk in GDTs, but here we go:

So I have a three-year-old daughter that loves watching the Leafs with me, despite not understanding it much. A few months ago, during a game, Grabner was pulled aside for an on-air interview during the first intermission. My daughter immediately asked, "who’s that, daddy?" I told her his name, and said that he’s really fast, and she proudly exclaimed "I like Michael Grabner!" It was very cute.

During each subsequent game that we watched, she’d tell stories about her and Michael Grabner going on grand adventures, and talk about how they were best friends. Her fascination with him even grew to the point where she’d ask if he could accompany us anytime we went out. She really wanted to invite him to the Zoo, for instance.

Anyhow, it was during that Sunday game against Detroit when my daughter was telling an amazing tale about how Michael Grabner (she always uses his first and last name) saved her from dragons and ghosts, and it was so cute that I was compelled to mention it in the #TMLTalk hashtag during the game. Shortly after, Grabner scored the lone goal of the game with his butt. My daughter had gone to bed and missed it, but I thought it was an awesome coincidence at the time.

After the game, Grabner retweeted my tweet about my daughter’s stories and told me it was awesome. Getting a retweet from a Maple Leaf was pretty cool, even if it wasn’t one of my favourite players, so I went to bed that night feeling like a proud dad.

When I woke up the next morning, I had a direct message from Grabner waiting in my inbox. He asked me if I wanted to bring my daughter to a game. It was all pretty surreal, and after some back and forth to determine the best game to attend (he was concerned about my daughter being up late and insisted on a 7pm start), he set aside tickets for myself, my daughter, and my wife to attend the Saturday night game against Buffalo. Neither my wife and my daughter had ever been to the ACC before, so it was incredibly exciting for all of us.

Game day came, and I woke up that morning to find another message from Grabner in my inbox. He informed me that he had put our names on a list to come down after the game so that he could meet my daughter. We were beside ourselves!

The game was a blast and my daughter had the time of her life (mostly because of the popcorn). We ventured down to the bowels of the ACC after the three stars were announced, and were told to wait outside the locker room. As we did, Joe Bowen came by and chatted with us, as did Mike Johnson. Did I mention how surreal this was?

Grabner finally emerged from the locker room, and my daughter panicked. She went into full-on shy mode and buried her face into my chest. She’d occasionally peek at him while we talked, but was a little too overwhelmed to acknowledge him. He was very understanding, having two small children of his own. We talked for a good 20 minutes or so, and before saying goodbye, he signed one of his game sticks and gave it to my daughter. It was a pretty amazing gesture.

Now my daughter holds the stick with her whenever she watches games with me, and has told me a hundred times since that night that Michael Grabner is going to teach her how to skate, and that she’s going to win all of the games.

Michael Grabner is an awesome human being. And sometimes he scores for the Maple Leafs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, one overlooked aspect of the Leafs' suckitude is the fact that tickets are re-selling for relatively cheap at the moment - there are tickets on Stubhub for $20 for tonight's tilt v. Buffalo.

I really hope a lot of fans, and especially ones with kids, who don't get corporate handouts or gifts from clients are taking advantage and bringing their families to the ACC to see the youngsters in action. Over the last decade a lot of hockey fans I know with children have said their kids have grown up Pens fans, or Caps fans, or Wings etc. because of how shit the Leafs have been and given the growth of basketball in the region and the recent popularity surge of the Raptors, there is a good possibility that an entire generation of kids aren't going to be Leaf-ily inclined in the future. Which would suck.

So, hopefully if any good comes from this it's the re-emergence of youth whose favourite players are Leafs, who ask to stay up to watch the games, and hopefully get to watch a successful team in the near future.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-2 last night from Kadri after saying Jack Eichel "needs to improve defensively", including at least one goal that was entirely his fault (I stopped watching after the first).

Next time, keep your stupid mouth shut.