• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Kadri in Calgary, please no Kadri in Calgary...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no Kadri in Calgary, please no Kadri in Calgary...
I really have no idea what his marketplace would be. Calgary wouldn't make much sense given they have centre pretty well covered.

Just looking up and down the standings, I'm at a loss. Islanders maybe? Nashville? Not seeing a lot of trade partners here.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no idea what his marketplace would be. Calgary wouldn't make much sense given they have centre pretty well covered.

Just looking up and down the standings, I'm at a loss. Islanders maybe? Nashville? Not seeing a lot of trade partners here.

CBJ maybe. I hear they are thin at C

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, it's Leafs vs. Wings again (this time in a different location with a spanky new name)

CdJLhlOW0AASDfj.jpg

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isles have WAYYYY to many Centers. It was so ridiculous last night that even JT was playing the wing.
What a shitshow game last night. Isles had NOTHING in the tank. Who scheduled that garbage?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles have WAYYYY to many Centers. It was so ridiculous last night that even JT was playing the wing.
What a shitshow game last night. Isles had NOTHING in the tank. Who scheduled that garbage?
Leafs have an abundance of young fancy wingers on the up. Maybe it's trade time.

I'm starting to worry again that the Oilers are going to drop back into 30th and get first overall. The Leafs might be getting too good for their own good lol

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs have an abundance of young fancy wingers on the up. Maybe it's trade time.

I'm starting to worry again that the Oilers are going to drop back into 30th and get first overall. The Leafs might be getting too good for their own good lol

Here's a fancy NYI stat for you...because only the Islanders can pull this off:

The NY Islanders have won 7 of 9. Both losses coming to the Oilers and Leafs.

The only one i think that the Islanders could benefit from getting would be PA Parenteau. We dont need a trade to get him either.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fancy NYI stat for you...because only the Islanders can pull this off:

The NY Islanders have won 7 of 9. Both losses coming to the Oilers and Leafs.

The only one i think that the Islanders could benefit from getting would be PA Parenteau. We dont need a trade to get him either.
Talking more for next season and beyond. Leafs need centre depth, Isles need wingers. Maybe Hamonic loosens up and adds Toronto to his desirable list. A first pair of him and Rielly would set the Leafs up very nicely for the future.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking more for next season and beyond. Leafs need centre depth, Isles need wingers. Maybe Hamonic loosens up and adds Toronto to his desirable list. A first pair of him and Rielly would set the Leafs up very nicely for the future.

I hope Hamonic bonds more and more with this team to the point that he pulls his trade request. TO vs NY isn't much more travel distance to Winnipeg on a flight, is it?

Next year is going to be VERY interesting to see what the Leafs do. They are clearly in rebuild mode, but maybe this won't take as long as most rebuilds do.

What did you think of Okposo last night? You could have him for a cool $7M per year for the next 7 years.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Redundant. Regardless of finish, EDM will get the first.

So let it be written, so let it be done

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hamonic bonds more and more with this team to the point that he pulls his trade request. TO vs NY isn't much more travel distance to Winnipeg on a flight, is it?

Next year is going to be VERY interesting to see what the Leafs do. They are clearly in rebuild mode, but maybe this won't take as long as most rebuilds do.

What did you think of Okposo last night? You could have him for a cool $7M per year for the next 7 years.
There aren't any nonstop flights from NYC to Winnipeg. There are about 2 dozen a day from T.O.

It's SSS, but if the play of guys like Nylander, Soshnikov and to a lesser extent Hyman are any indication, Toronto could be better next year than Buffalo has been this year. That's the benchmark I'm looking at right now.

Again with Okposo, is he ever going to be anyone's favourite player? No, but where does the point production get replaced from? What's the plan to get an elite winger or two in there so they have a top six capable of scaring the shit out of any defence the way they should at this point?

It's one thing to say "Player X is overpriced", but it's quite another to not pay that price and then bitch all year because the second-highest scorer on your team isn't breaking 50 points.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memo to Maple Leaf Brass and Players:

Just. Stop.

Send the kids back to the Marlies for the playoff run.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just. Stop.

Enjoy it, man. Leafs can win out and still probably finish 27th at the worst and still get a superstar.

If nothing else, last night showed Stamkos how much fun it can be to play here. There's value in that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just. Stop.

As far as winning percentage is concerned, the Leafs passed the Oil last night in the overall standings.

/Kinda funny that on the same day the Bolts talk about bringing Drouin back to the big club, they lose 4-1 to the Leafs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as winning percentage is concerned, the Leafs passed the Oil last night in the overall standings.

/Kinda funny that on the same day the Bolts talk about bringing Drouin back to the big club, they lose 4-1 to the Leafs.
Edmonton was always destined for 30th. Lets not kid ourselves here.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Brown called up on emergency basis (lot of that "emergency" call-up stuff happening in Leafland these days...) and will make NHL debut tonight vs. Panthers.