• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking I might just boycott any companies that have ads on NHL jerseys for the first year or something.

Hey NHL? If you're going to adopt something from the Euro game how about the 3 point game system?

Just like Bettman and company to pick literally the worst thing about European pro hockey and choose that to bring over to the NHL, instead of numerous things that would actually benefit the game. Fucking twats.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a good bet that the Leafs will go G with either #29/30 or 31? Or is that too early in the draft for a 'tender?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey NHL? If you're going to adopt something from the Euro game how about the 3 point game system?

Just like Bettman and company to pick literally the worst thing about European pro hockey and choose that to bring over to the NHL, instead of numerous things that would actually benefit the game. Fucking twats.

Or larger Ice.

Or no "trapezoid" behind the net.

It's not at all surprising that the NHL would only adopt the things that make them money. And it probably wouldn't take a lot to organize a twitter barrage aimed at any company that advertises on jerseys. If every fan who hates the idea sent 15 negative tweets a day at the company, they'd back off.

Even better if the NHL announces who they "selected" to be the first ahead of time. Run out the cannons boys! Fire at will!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a good bet that the Leafs will go G with either #29/30 or 31? Or is that too early in the draft for a 'tender?
Better bet they trade down, or pair the #30-31 picks to move up. Can't see them standing pat there.

If they move down (my guess would be they target either Philly or Calgary as both have 2 second rounders) they'll probably take a goalie in the middle of the second round and use 31 on a defenceman. If they move up they'll use that pick 100% on a d-man and take a goalie with Washington's pick late in the 2nd.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better bet they trade down, or pair the #30-31 picks to move up. Can't see them standing pat there.

If they move down (my guess would be they target either Philly or Calgary as both have 2 second rounders) they'll probably take a goalie in the middle of the second round and use 31 on a defenceman. If they move up they'll use that pick 100% on a d-man and take a goalie with Washington's pick late in the 2nd.

I did an alternate Leafs draft and got kind of sad, because it made me like the real draft a little less. I'll post it later today when I have my laptop on me.

I tried not to let hindsight affect my picks (for instance I think that Adam Brooks was a great pick but he wasn't on my radar at all when that pick came up in real life so I didn't take him) but it probably sneaks in a little bit. Also I deferred to the Leafs and took Woll since I don't really do goalies so much but wanted to take one, but I took him with the second 3rd rounder instead of the first since no goalies went in between them. I had a contingency plan though, I kind of like it better actually but like I said I'm deferring on goalies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's my alternate draft:

1) Auston Matthews, C, Zurich
31) Tyler Benson, LW, Vancouver
57) Vitali Abramov, RW, Gatineau
62) Cam Dineen, LD, North Bay
72) Joseph Woll, G, USNTDP
92) Victor Mete, LD, London
101) Noah Gregor, C, Moose Jaw
122) Max Lajoie, LD, Swift Current
152) Jesper Bratt, LW, AIK
179) Nicolas Mattinen, RD, London
182) Ty Ronning, RW, Vancouver

Like I said, I gave them the goalie I knew they liked. If Woll gets taken between 62 and 72 I take Sean Day at #72 and then replace Lajoie with Colton Point at #122.

I threw Hunter a bone like the Leafs did cause I know he likes Mattinen, but now that I look at it I suppose I already fed him another Knight in Mete so maybe I didn't have to do that. Oh well.

Benson at #31 was probably the toughest decision, like I said to you on Friday night if I had the steering wheel I'd have traded down from there. I almost took DeBrincat, Mascherin or Asplund (or Girard... like I said, lots of guys available there) but decided to swing for the fences a little more with Benson. We'll see how that decision ends up looking.

Thoughts?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's my alternate draft:

1) Auston Matthews, C, Zurich
31) Tyler Benson, LW, Vancouver
57) Vitali Abramov, RW, Gatineau
62) Cam Dineen, LD, North Bay
72) Joseph Woll, G, USNTDP
92) Victor Mete, LD, London
101) Noah Gregor, C, Moose Jaw
122) Max Lajoie, LD, Swift Current
152) Jesper Bratt, LW, AIK
179) Nicolas Mattinen, RD, London
182) Ty Ronning, RW, Vancouver

Like I said, I gave them the goalie I knew they liked. If Woll gets taken between 62 and 72 I take Sean Day at #72 and then replace Lajoie with Colton Point at #122.

I threw Hunter a bone like the Leafs did cause I know he likes Mattinen, but now that I look at it I suppose I already fed him another Knight in Mete so maybe I didn't have to do that. Oh well.

Benson at #31 was probably the toughest decision, like I said to you on Friday night if I had the steering wheel I'd have traded down from there. I almost took DeBrincat, Mascherin or Asplund (or Girard... like I said, lots of guys available there) but decided to swing for the fences a little more with Benson. We'll see how that decision ends up looking.

Thoughts?
Was Girard the only D-man you thought was worth it up at 31?

I feel about the Korshkov pick the same way I did about the Dermott pick last year. Feel they missed an opportunity and didn't get the BPA at that spot.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Girard the only D-man you thought was worth it up at 31?

I feel about the Korshkov pick the same way I did about the Dermott pick last year. Feel they missed an opportunity and didn't get the BPA at that spot.

Yeah I feel the same way, I don't have a problem generally with the pick of Korshkov but just didn't like it at 31.

Girard wasn't the only D at 31 that I liked but I thought he was the clear choice at the position, whereas with the forwards there were a few guys that were tight and it was more a matter of personal preference.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I feel the same way, I don't have a problem generally with the pick of Korshkov but just didn't like it at 31.

Girard wasn't the only D at 31 that I liked but I thought he was the clear choice at the position, whereas with the forwards there were a few guys that were tight and it was more a matter of personal preference.
I'm just worried about the lack of defensive prospects in the system. They're teetering on Edmonton status.

Of course my worry disappears pretty quickly if they suddenly pull a trade out for a 1D.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just worried about the lack of defensive prospects in the system. They're teetering on Edmonton status.

Of course my worry disappears pretty quickly if they suddenly pull a trade out for a 1D.

Yeah I think my personal draft is fine in that regard though. If you'd told me a week ago we were gonna get Dineen and Mete I'd have been happy. I mean, Dineen was a guy talked about with the 31 pick and I would have been OK with him there even, I just like Girard and the forwards more.