• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize this went farther:

I'm thinking the Dallas Stars are currently in the market for a social media guy who doesn't moonlight as a Fox Nation commentator? :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Toronto continues to be Dallas' daddy.

/That's -4 Auston Matthews points though.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every TOR shootout I have seen this year is basically the same. I always end up saying "are they trying to lose?"

Their shootout skills are almost nonexistent, and yet, they still beat Nashville. Took 5 rounds and only one goal was scored. It was a very bizarre shootout all around if you ask me. The second Nashville shooter was Shea Weber. Seriously Laviolette, are you kidding me?

it was like watching a game of hot potato. You score, no you score, no YOU score...Finally Pekke Rinne decided he wanted to make last call on Music Row, so he impersonated Bernier and let Peter Holland score.

OMG it was painful to watch.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not mind if Reimer keeps it up because that should ensure a nice 2nd round pick for him from Calgary come January.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Reimer and Scrivens leading CGY to the playoffs promised land :nod:

lol - Some years you capture lightning in a bottle, some years you don't. Clearly, the Flames had the magic last season and this year, the magic has disappeared. They still have a good young core in place and the last thing I want to see is a desperation move to save this season. That said, what I do want to see if the unloading of guys like Hudler, Wideman, and dare I say even Kris Russell at the trade deadline if the team is out of it (likely to be the case) and the stock piling of draft picks.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Some years you capture lightning in a bottle, some years you don't. Clearly, the Flames had the magic last season and this year, the magic has disappeared. They still have a good young core in place and the last thing I want to see is a desperation move to save this season. That said, what I do want to see if the unloading of guys like Hudler, Wideman, and dare I say even Kris Russell at the trade deadline if the team is out of it (likely to be the case) and the stock piling of draft picks.

LIES

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Leaf goal against was bad yesterday, but that joke and the winning goal where Bernier served up the kind of rebound Leaf fans used to roast Reimer for were particularly horrendous.

But all in all, that was a great game for the Leafs - Phaneuf is on a 50 pt pace and his possession #'s are pumped up playing alongside Gardiner, Lupul is at 10 pts when he only had 21 all last season, and Reimer is quite clearly the team's #1 moving forward and that could come in handy if he can keep it up. And to top it all off, two more pts in the Auston Matthews standings.

If potential trade pieces keep having weekends like this, it's going to make this rebuild a lot easier for team brass.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Leaf goal against was bad yesterday, but that joke and the winning goal where Bernier served up the kind of rebound Leaf fans used to roast Reimer for were particularly horrendous.

But all in all, that was a great game for the Leafs - Phaneuf is on a 50 pt pace and his possession #'s are pumped up playing alongside Gardiner, Lupul is at 10 pts when he only had 21 all last season, and Reimer is quite clearly the team's #1 moving forward and that could come in handy if he can keep it up. And to top it all off, two more pts in the Auston Matthews standings.

If potential trade pieces keep having weekends like this, it's going to make this rebuild a lot easier for team brass.

Now that I have seen a couple games, my first thought is "how can they look so much better than last year?". No parade routes just yet, but at least they look competitive.

I am not sold on Reimer long term because of his concussion history. With the current prospects in the pipeline along with a handful of current roster players, you can start to see a potential core of a good team. But the goalie position will need addressing in the next couple of years.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I have seen a couple games, my first thought is "how can they look so much better than last year?". No parade routes just yet, but at least they look competitive.

I am not sold on Reimer long term because of his concussion history. With the current prospects in the pipeline along with a handful of current roster players, you can start to see a potential core of a good team. But the goalie position will need addressing in the next couple of years.

randy_carlyle.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd really like them to sneak John Gibson away from Anaheim. I don't think there's any chance Reimer sticks around for longer than a few more months regardless so seeing him play better is definitely a plus and should make him worth at least a 3rd round pick at some point if he can somewhat keep it up.