• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like them to sneak John Gibson away from Anaheim. I don't think there's any chance Reimer sticks around for longer than a few more months regardless so seeing him play better is definitely a plus and should make him worth at least a 3rd round pick at some point if he can somewhat keep it up.

I can see Leo fitting in with the Ducks. And his trade value will never be higher. Maybe he could be part of a package...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Leo fitting in with the Ducks. And his trade value will never be higher. Maybe he could be part of a package...

He could change his name to Emilio (Emileo?) to really fit in with the Ducks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts: Try bigger nets in the All-Star Game - Sportsnet.ca

"Also, another source indicated Colorado and Toronto spent time trying to put together a deal around O’Reilly and Jake Gardiner. Obviously, it didn’t happen and I’m not sure, under Toronto’s new regime, if there would be any kind of match."

Damn.

Last edited:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you just answered your own question lol

Then why was he mentioned? I get that Toronto would want him. So would a lot of teams. It's one thing to want a player. It's another to have what the other team wants. Komerov? I don't think so. A package deal for JVR maybe.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why was he mentioned? I get that Toronto would want him. So would a lot of teams. It's one thing to want a player. It's another to have what the other team wants. Komerov? I don't think so. A package deal for JVR maybe.
I don't know, I didn't mention Komarov.

But I've seen a few pieces about Gibson and the Leafs, dating back to last season. The Leafs fit with a lot of potential trade partners right now, so who knows what is true and what isn't. But it's been out there.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I didn't mention Komarov.

But I've seen a few pieces about Gibson and the Leafs, dating back to last season. The Leafs fit with a lot of potential trade partners right now, so who knows what is true and what isn't. But it's been out there.

I really thought Gibson was going to be the Ducks #1 goalie last year & for some reason his play dropped. The Ducks have bigger problems than goal though. To say the Ducks top 6 forwards are off to a bad start is being kind.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Gibson was going to be the Ducks #1 goalie last year & for some reason his play dropped. The Ducks have bigger problems than goal though. To say the Ducks top 6 forwards are off to a bad start is being kind.
Yep, and unless Nick Ritchie steps in and tears the league apart (and I'm gonna go with he won't on that one), they need to address things via trade.

And crazy as it may sound, I don't think John Gibson alone gets JVR from the Leafs. Probably will take another prospect like Theodore or a first round pick, along with a contract Anaheim doesn't want.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and unless Nick Ritchie steps in and tears the league apart (and I'm gonna go with he won't on that one), they need to address things via trade.

And crazy as it may sound, I don't think John Gibson alone gets JVR from the Leafs. Probably will take another prospect like Theodore or a first round pick, along with a contract Anaheim doesn't want.

That was my suggestion. Gibson plus for JVR. It depends on what the Leafs would want along with Gibson. The Ducks have a couple of good D prospects. I doubt they'd give up Ritchie. Not sure about Sorenson, but I doubt it. As you said they do have their 1st round pick.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my suggestion. Gibson plus for JVR. It depends on what the Leafs would want along with Gibson. The Ducks have a couple of good D prospects. I doubt they'd give up Ritchie. Not sure about Sorenson, but I doubt it. As you said they do have their 1st round pick.
I wouldn't want Ritchie.

But they would make a lot of sense for Jimmy. As would the Isles, frankly.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a fit from Toronto's perspective. Not necessarily the Isles though. We'll have to see where both teams are in a few months. JVR isn't going to be the only top 6 forward available at the deadline. Heck, I'm not sure the Isles are going to be in a playoff spot come deadline time. Who knows they might be the ones trading Okposo & Nielsen. Time will tell.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be me. Wasn't trying to suggest a one for one, merely observing that Komarov's trade value is as high as it can be, and his truculence would fit the Ducks. As part of a trade, sure. Not one for one.