• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler taking a line from the Ilya Bryzgalov playbook:

Great news: I'm not playing tomorrow night. Good news: We have a chance to win the game."

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead last in the league. About as I expected.

My only fear now is that they'll do something stupid like promote Nylander. Just let the tire fire burn out, please.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead last in the league. About as I expected.

My only fear now is that they'll do something stupid like promote Nylander. Just let the tire fire burn out, please.

They will.

And this year becomes the race between the Leafs and Columbus for the first pick. Or as I am calling it "The race to replace Nathan Horton with Auston Matthews".

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will.

And this year becomes the race between the Leafs and Columbus for the first pick. Or as I am calling it "The race to replace Nathan Horton with Auston Matthews".
Columbus will be nowhere near the basement by the time the smoke settles.

Avs, Canes and Sabres might be though. Expect NJ to fall back to earth at some point too.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know we (okay mainly me) pick on the Oilers on this board (rightly so I must add), but the Avs have also been picking high multiple times in the last several years and they're still a tire fire. You'd think a team with Duchene, Landeskog, and MacKinnon up front would be much better by now.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know we (okay mainly me) pick on the Oilers on this board (rightly so I must add), but the Avs have also been picking high multiple times in the last several years and they're still a tire fire. You'd think a team with Duchene, Landeskog, and MacKinnon up front would be much better by now.
They've gotten hate on this board. I think the problem is that people mostly blame their coach, whereas Edmonton was full-on institutional dysfunction.

If we gotta get at the players though, Varlamov has been bad and Francois Beauchemin was not the answer to their defensive problems which only makes things harder on Varlamov. Not making things work with ROR has undoubtedly hurt them, too.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets a lifetime contract.

:D

He's a Jack Adams Award winner you know!

I'm starting to think that they should just rename that trophy The PDO Cup.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like the Avs, Leafs, Sabres and Canes (BBB list of shame above) all share at least one common denominator. Weak 'tending.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll be that bad. I'm predicting bottom 3. Don't trust either goalie, defence is still full of holes, Phaneuf is still there, and I think they'll be lucky to have even one 20 goal scorer. I'm thinking it's a tossup for bottom 3 standings with Arizona and Carolina.

74-75 Caps started 1-8-1.

There is hope for the 15-16 Leafs yet.:nod: