• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taken from a Leafs fan's facebook page. :dhd:

Dion Phaneuf approached Brendan Shanahan about getting a few beers for an informal get-together with the team to welcome Mike Babcock as the new Head Coach,

Shanahan thought this was a good idea, so he said he'd pick up a couple of 24's of beer for the event.

On the way to the get-together, Shanahan was stopped by the Toronto Police for a road side inspection and the policeman asked Shanahan what he had in the trunk of the car.

Shanahan replied, " A couple of cases of beer for Dion Phaneuf".

The policeman quickly replied, "GOOD TRADE", and let Shanahan go.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About what he would've gotten in a decision. Now maybe show you can be a top goalie, and maybe read a history book.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are too many jokes to make here so I'm just going to wish Seto all the best with his sobriety.

This is actually a risk I think the Leafs should take. He has skill. Give him a one year. Not gonna make or break the team this year anyway.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a risk I think the Leafs should take. He has skill. Give him a one year. Not gonna make or break the team this year anyway.
Oh not at all. It's just the way it's worded, the subject matter and the fact it's the Leafs he's signing with. Had to give it a chuckle.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PTO would make more sense I think.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PTO would make more sense I think.

Agreed, all the best to Seto, he gave it a try with the Flames last year, but it didn't work out. Glad to hear that he's winning the battle with the bottle, that's the most important thing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, given the decline in goalscoring this is kind of a genius hire. I mean, I'm going to probably fall asleep during Leaf games when I start tuning into them again (probably not for a few years unless Nylander/Marner are on the team this term) but...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, given the decline in goalscoring this is kind of a genius hire. I mean, I'm going to probably fall asleep during Leaf games when I start tuning into them again (probably not for a few years unless Nylander/Marner are on the team this term) but...

Gotta disagree with you here. If you look at the two finalists this year you see the way the NHL is going. Scoring may be down but keeping the puck on your team's stick and attacking with some creativity seems to be the recipe for success. That is the antithesis of Lemaire's game for the last 20 years.

Lemaire is a system guy who, with Babcock already there, seems redundant at best and possibly counter-productive.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with you here. If you look at the two finalists this year you see the way the NHL is going. Scoring may be down but keeping the puck on your team's stick and attacking with some creativity seems to be the recipe for success. That is the antithesis of Lemaire's game for the last 20 years.

Lemaire is a system guy who, with Babcock already there, seems redundant at best and possibly counter-productive.
Well luckily they have a coach who can make that happen.

Don't even know what Lemaire's role is. "Special assignment coach". Maybe he'll be working exclusively with the 4th line?