• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mirtle: NHL teams ready to move picks and stars as trade talks heat up - The Globe and Mail

Not the first time Sharks have been linked with Phaneuf, but I don't quite know how this could work. Sharks don't really have any tradeable bad contracts. Leafs trade Dion and the 24th pick for the 9th pick and eat, what, $2 mil?

I hope they can do better. But more importantly, I hope they dont just swap picks (24 for 9) and actually add picks. Could be a very interesting week.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 1 at Gary Roberts' fitness camp:

chris-griffin-treadmill-o.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some convos happening on twitter regarding fans being pissed that the Leafs haven't traded anybody yet, with some media jumping on the regime for it and suggesting that they are second-guessing a full-blown rebuild and others stating you can't rush in to trading everybody and that trades don't happen overnight or whatever.

Just going to say if they are indeed considering going into next season with guys like Phaneuf, Bozak and Lupul on the roster the team can't blame fans for being pissed when Shanahan sat in front of the media in April and told us that a blow-up was coming.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Over the last 3 seasons he's got 7 more points than Saad despite playing 7 fewer games. Of course Saad was forced to play with bums like Toews and Hossa rather than juggernauts like Joffrey Lupul and David Clarkson, so that's probably part of it :wink:

His HERO charts look pretty good as well

Why Nazem Kadri Should Remain a Leaf - My Hockey Nation

Listening to people talk about him I'm starting to think he's one of the most underrated players in the league

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last 3 seasons he's got 7 more points than Saad despite playing 7 fewer games. Of course Saad was forced to play with bums like Toews and Hossa rather than juggernauts like Joffrey Lupul and David Clarkson, so that's probably part of it :wink:

His HERO charts look pretty good as well

Why Nazem Kadri Should Remain a Leaf - My Hockey Nation

Listening to people talk about him I'm starting to think he's one of the most underrated players in the league
I think Leaf fans' frustrations with Kadri is that at times he's shown he can be so much more than he chooses to show on a regular basis.

Kadri with Nylander Brown or Kapanen in a few years could be an excellent core of a second line. And on that thought, the Leafs are eventually going to have to get some help on the left side.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leaf fans' frustrations with Kadri is that at times he's shown he can be so much more than he chooses to show on a regular basis.

Kadri with Nylander Brown or Kapanen in a few years could be an excellent core of a second line. And on that thought, the Leafs are eventually going to have to get some help on the left side.
Well if it's left wings ya need, I overheard Shero talking to Lamoriello the other day and I think you might be able to pry Danius Zubrus from the Devils for a career minor leaguer and a bucket of pucks

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this and thought I'd throw it up here

1C!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I doubt they're getting any more first rounders for anybody on the roster who could be moved not named Kadri (even in a package) but I am all for acquiring more second and third rounders.

Van Riemsdyk almost certainly nets at least a first rounder, no?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Van Riemsdyk almost certainly nets at least a first rounder, no?
Nothing from inside has indicated they are even contemplating moving him. They see him as more of what they need, not what they need to get rid of (a la Kessel).

But yes, he assuredly would and then some given his gift of a contract.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rielly would likely net a first (not that they would trade him). If Gardiner can have a breakout season under Babcock's tutelage, he might also.

Heck, if Bernier has a stellar season (save %, Gawd knows he wont have the wins) a team with a goalie crisis might pony up as well.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rielly would likely net a first (not that they would trade him). If Gardiner can have a breakout season under Babcock's tutelage, he might also.

Heck, if Bernier has a stellar season (save %, Gawd knows he wont have the wins) a team with a goalie crisis might pony up as well.
Yeah kept it to realistic stuff - Rielly is untouchable unless the return is Jonathan Toews, Gardiner needs to be more consistent if he is to be worth anything and the chances of that happening in the Leafs' "Year Zero" are slim, and GM's aren't giving up 1st's for goalies unless they're doing favours for their uncle (Buffalo) or are desperate (SJ).

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah kept it to realistic stuff - Rielly is untouchable unless the return is Jonathan Toews, Gardiner needs to be more consistent if he is to be worth anything and the chances of that happening in the Leafs' "Year Zero" are slim, and GM's aren't giving up 1st's for goalies unless they're doing favours for their uncle (Buffalo) or are desperate (SJ).

Oh come on, Leaf fans arent realistic. You're gonna blow our reputation :D